• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

I don't think it's all that outlandish. If somebody wants one of those houses badly enough, they'll find a way to rationalize the purchase.

Personally, I'll probably wait until they expansion. They'll probably have more housing options then.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Wow at the personal house price and implementation. The struggle is real.

They are really giving away those sands in ST lol.

The option for visual feedback to assist deaf people is pretty cool for those that needed it.

The comment about changing aggro levels they just kind of slipped in there with the changes makes me think some low level dungeon groups are going to wipe even more. Apparently some of the aggro ranged were a lot lower than they were supposed to be.

docbon

4tUFFc7.jpg
4tUFFc7.jpg
4tUFFc7.jpg

better find roommates.

no atma grind nerfs either

amazing patch

(and all that soil is worth its weight in dirt)

In anticipation of future updates, a new dye category has been added to the dyeing interface.
I hope this means we'll be able to dye more than one section of the armors sooner rather than later.

Or maybe they're just adding colors in 2.4. I'm ready to be disappointed again.

Shamdeo

Wow, didn't realize people were expecting personal housing to be something other than individual players being able to buy plots.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I think people just expected it to be more affordable when Yoshi-P said at multiple times 'It would be more affordable'. Obviously plans have changed (sounds like mostly due to server stability issues and insert PS3 joke here) but houses are now more expensive than FC housing was a week ago!

I like how the longest OF complaint thread is not about housing, but HA weapons no longer being BIS 1 month before 2.4, due to a weapon that may very well take 2 months to grind.

Qvoth

you guys are saying ct2 100% drops double sands? from the way i'm reading, seems like it's not a 100% guaranteed drop like now, but if it does drop it will drop 2 at a time

WolvenOne

I suspect secrecy is a part of SE's corporate culture, seeing as how the company tends to be fairly secretive concerning almost all of thier games.

That doesn't make it okay of course, I think they actually hurt themselves by not being more open. Still, it is what it is, so there probably isn't much point bemoaning it.

Well, beyond a certain point anyway.

Taruranto

Yoshi-P just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by hyping and lying about your product like that destiny stuff. If you lie about housing prices in a MMORPG in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to hear from Yoshi-P again, nor will they subscribe to any of his MMORPG. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Yoshi-P has alienated an entire nation with this move.

Yoshi-P, publicly apologize and cancel this housing stuff or you can kiss your business goodbye.

BadRNG

Honestly SE needs to stop with this secrecy nonsense.
10gil says they were purposefully secretive about this patch because they knew how bad it was. It really explains why there has been such little information about it leading up to release compared to pretty much every other patch. That's why there was an immediate Yoshida post(as BS as it was) too, they knew the backlash that was coming.

This is a decent QoL patch but the rest is just awful. Personal housing is a bad joke, I know because I was making this bad joke along with many others leading up to the patch. Who could of known we'd end up being right. There's really just no excuse for how half assed this is. They should of just delayed it again and went back to the drawing board.

WolvenOne

Yeah, I would have personally delayed it until 2.4 so they could get more lots. Also, yeah it would've been nice if personal housing was given it's own space, but again, not really surprised by this turn of events.

I'll probably just wait until the expansion. Hopefully by then I'll be able to get housing in Coerthas or something, and build a hunting lodge. XD

Taruranto

To be honest "not enough server space" is a shit justification for the price. You don't have enough server space yet and... so? What does it have to do with a House costing 40 millions?

I think it would have been better received if the prices were more in lines with what promised even with only 2 wards per town.

WolvenOne

To be honest "not enough server space" is a shit justification for the price. You don't have enough server space yet and... so? What does it have to do with a House costing 40 millions?

I think it would have been better received if the prices were more in lines with what promised even with only 2 wards per town.

Rational seems to be, that at a lower price, all the lots would probably just go poof. While this is probably true, I, uh, still think they would have been better off just waiting til 2.4 and putting it in with all the lots pricing them a bit more competitively.

But, oh well, I wasn't planning to buy a house anyway. I'm not exactly doing a ton with my room after all. XD

BadRNG

Yeah, I would have personally delayed it until 2.4 so they could get more lots. Also, yeah it would've been nice if personal housing was given it's own space, but again, not really surprised by this turn of events.
I know they said 2.4 would do a lot more wards, but I'll believe it when I see it, as they have claimed similar stuff before when FCs were complaining about lack of plots. It's clear the potato farm they are using as servers can't handle the load from all the wards, so they should of just made every house it's own instance area. It'd remove the neighbor/community feel but it'd let them design a lot more unique housing "areas", and far more people would have access.

If they ever do find a way to increase wards/plots dramatically, then I could see personal housing getting it's own price bracket that is much cheaper, as the only logical reason it is as expensive as it is now is because they can't make having a ton of housing wards work. Their shitty servers are the real issue.

It's a good justification for them since it means they can claim there's still housing space, just no one is working hard enough to afford it!

For us it's a bad excuse, if they couldn't provide the content, they should of never advertised as being able to in the first place.

WolvenOne

I know they said 2.4 would do a lot more wards, but I'll believe it when I see it, as they have claimed similar stuff before when FCs were complaining about lack of plots. It's clear the potato farm they are using as servers can't handle the load from all the wards, so they should of just made every house it's own instance area. It'd remove the neighbor/community feel but it'd let them design a lot more unique housing "areas", and far more people would have access.

If they ever do find a way to increase wards/plots dramatically, then I could see personal housing getting it's own price bracket that is much cheaper, as the only logical reason it is as expensive as it is now is because they can't make having a ton of housing wards work. Their shitty servers are the real issue.

Specifically, they stated that they're planning to upgrade the servers software for 2.4. If this is indeed the case, yeah, I can believe it.

BadRNG

Specifically, they stated that they're planning to upgrade the servers software for 2.4. If this is indeed the case, yeah, I can believe it.
It's still only going to be 16 total wards for 2.4, that is a joke for personal housing, especially considering they are shared with FCs.

WolvenOne

It's still only going to be 16 total wards for 2.4, that is a joke for personal housing, especially considering they are shared with FCs.

48 wards total, plus the personal rooms. Still a bit spartan, sure, and I don't expect housing to be "cheap," but they should be cheap,(er.)

BadRNG

48 wards total, plus the personal rooms. Still a bit spartan, sure, and I don't expect housing to be "cheap," but they should be cheap,(er.)
Personal rooms aren't personal housing. 48 wards x 30 plots is only 1440, a good chunk of which will already be taken by FCs. This is a pathetically low number considering how many players in this game. This isn't awful just because it's overly expensive, that is just one part of the larger problem. They were lazy and cut corners, and are attempting to copy/paste the FC system, but that just doesn't work for personal housing.

I'm not sure how you can defend this at all. They explicitly lied about the pricing beforehand, and are trying to play off reused content as new. Why was there even a personal housing delay to begin with? They are literally just taking FC housing and letting individual players buy plots nearby. I'm sure they really worked overtime to pull that off.

Who needs housing when you can take shelter beneath a roegadyn?
Personal housing is cheaper than the prices I hear Bara charges for that!

Meciu

Hmmm I've always thought that we're going to get nothing more than a small sized house and tbh that is what I want. I can afford an S sized house on 1st class plot right now but i guess i'll wait. Gotta ask ppl in FC what they'll do. It would be cool if an S sized plot opened where we have our FC house! XD I even know that theres a sure to be "destroyed" small house near it cuz the leader of guild that ownes it quit the game.

WolvenOne

Never said it wasn't disappointing, just that it'd probably more or less work once 2.4 hit. Again, at this point I'm holding out for better housing in the expansion.

The thing is though they obviously realized the server capacity was terrible right when the game launched and they had issues with people logging in for several weeks, and then again when people did nothing but run AK, and again when fc housing released.

There is no way they couldn't have known this shit was going to happen at this point after it happening so many times in the past. I understand upgrading every single server so it can handle more than the bare minimum of load isn't exactly the cheapest of things, but considering how well this game is doing now, there really is no excuse at this point.

All the profits from this game are being funneled into mobile development

Sorian

Banned
I guess I can give credit where credit is due and I notice no one has mentioned it. 4 new of the best questline in the game is pretty cool.(Delivery Moogle)

Munba

I presume the 'real' personal housing with distinct zones will be added in the future. This seems only an 'anticipation' (bad one though).

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I can only imagine they're so vague on Nexus not just because it's complicated but because it's even worse than housing debacle.

I swear if it wasn't for BoD being so bad... I'm even considering retiring Thyrus at this point just not to do another worthless grind.

The official forums are difficult to access. I wonder how the japanese are reacting right now.

So that's where new wards are hosted

BadRNG

The official forums are difficult to access. I wonder how the japanese are reacting right now.
Pretty much like we are. Two locked threads due to how people are behaving, people demanding apologies and saying they can't trust Yoshida anymore going forward, people calling for personal housing to be disabled/cancelled in current state so they can make a separate system.

So yeah pretty much like us. They are actually posting in the right section though instead of general discussion like the english forums tend to do.

Cmagus

Well I can add personal housing to the list of things I won't need to bother with at this point. It's clear they're in expansion mode and are basically calling stuff in now until then. I honestly expected personal housing to just be small plots that were laid out closer together in more of a community style setting but I guess I'm wrong.I honestly can't justify spending that kind of money on a house, I rather spend it on gearing up crafting classes. plus I honestly rather hang out at the FC house and this was the main reason I scrapped my personal room I just don't see the need for it.

As for the relic stuff I'm already struggling to do the Novus, if another sphere scroll, materia and alexandrite is involved for the next phase I'm just gonna go for the best alternative weapon. I do like how we can have our chocobo's out in the housing area though that should make for some fun.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Pretty much like we are. Two locked threads due to how people are behaving, people demanding apologies and saying they can't trust Yoshida anymore going forward, people calling for personal housing to be disabled/cancelled in current state so they can make a separate system.

So yeah pretty much like us. They are actually posting in the right section though instead of general discussion like the english forums tend to do.

Wow. They really did shoot themselves in the foot.

orion434

Definitely NOT buying Personal Housing in it's current state, it's not even the price... but sharing plots with FC housing is just not appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom