• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Vfrlh50.jpg

why

scy

I got a bit depressed the other day when someone did the crunch to find out how mediocre parry was and the curtain got drawn back on that whole mess. Really, the substat system needs a complete revamp, itemization is just in the bin due to it. Of course, the content to truly stress the gear isn't really there either yet, so....

Granted, I'm still new to the game but how was Parry not already considered a junk stat? Regardless of stat scaling, it's RNG based mitigation in a game with low auto-attack output and mechanic heavy damage spikes. Parry, Dodge, etc. are essentially useless in this kind of design as you can never expect them to occur when relevant.

http://i.imgur.com/fr0iSIK.png

All 9 Nexi, courtesy of BG.
Absolutely disgusting.

On the bright side, should make it easier to stack on people.

I decided not to bother logging in before work after reading the patch notes last night. This is incredibly lazy. I guess if anything decent is left around lunch time or maybe after work, I might grab something. Not sure what I want to do yet, but I'm not too concerned about it anymore.

/slap SE
/hug everyone that wanted personal housing to be fun and accessible

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ugh, the weapons are just awful. Can we get an option to turn off the glow on these things? I find it obnoxious. Always have. =/

I like the look of the Paladin sword. I have a feeling Ninja swords will be distracting since there will be two of them (see: Monk).

If the glow really bothers you, I guess you could vanity a non glowing weapon over it. Will that work? I know you can vanity the Relic (in all it's glowing glory) onto other weapons but I haven't tested the other way around.

iammeiam

TBH, Artemis bow needs more glow. I can still see the stupid harp in those pictures, in all its hideousness. Glow needs to be strong enough to blot that out.

dramatis

That looks a little awkward.
The dev team has been making mistake after mistake after mistake lately. Can you really blame people for being pissed off? Hell, he said he would fix the gear drops in the dungeons. He has yet to do that!

He deserves the criticism. 100%. He hides behind "limitations" "server structure" and so on. Well, you know what? I think some fans are smart to start calling out his shit.

It not being the first time is exactly why people are pissed off. He is making a habit and I don't where you have been in the past year or so, but gamers are not kind to developers who say one thing and do another thing in the complete opposite way.

Paying customers don't give a shit about the dev process. They give a shit about the end product and if you delivered. Yoshi and the Dev team has not lately. His reasoning is also bullshit. RMT is seeped into every ounce of this game since day one and making decision designs around them at this point only hurts the real players. Some may be getting tired of it.
I think Yoshida deserves criticism for how personal housing has been implemented. However, I think what is said about server limitations and structure is also truthful. The question remains whether or not the developers could have come up with another implementation of personal housing that would use less server resources. I think this is possible, but the 14 devs decided the current implementation is more in line with their overall goals.

I think majority of the complaint stems from the pricing structure. This is something that may be RMT related, but I also think the pricing problem exists the way it does because housing plots have become both FC and personal plots. They should maybe replace the guy they have as their economist dude.

Personally, I don't think I will be buying a house (wanted a medium, but it's way out of price range). What I'm already interested in is if any of these current systems will apply to possible housing in future areas. Whether or not the dev team will learn from the mistakes with the current implementation and adjust accordingly for new additions.

Wagram

So what exactly did this patch bring outside of disappointment with housing and breaking PC gamepads?

/slap? Yoshida needs one.

Valor

/changepose continues to be the game's best feature
This is the truest thing I have read in this thread.
TBH, Artemis bow needs more glow. I can still see the stupid harp in those pictures, in all its hideousness. Glow needs to be strong enough to blot that out.
Nah man. It has too much glow in Nexus. Gotta have that harp, man.

I think Yoshida deserves criticism for how personal housing has been implemented. However, I think what is said about server limitations and structure is also truthful. The question remains whether or not the developers could have come up with another implementation of personal housing that would use less server resources. I think this is possible, but the 14 devs decided the current implementation is more in line with their overall goals.

I think majority of the complaint stems from the pricing structure. This is something that may be RMT related, but I also think the pricing problem exists the way it does because housing plots have become both FC and personal plots. They should maybe replace the guy they have as their economist dude.

Personally, I don't think I will be buying a house (wanted a medium, but it's way out of price range). What I'm already interested in is if any of these current systems will apply to possible housing in future areas. Whether or not the dev team will learn from the mistakes with the current implementation and adjust accordingly for new additions.

I think that the current housing implementation is a stop gap to get people to stop asking when personal housing is coming out. The people who want houses won't be dissuaded by the price tag (there are already several houses that have been bought) while those who can't afford it can just hang on until they revamp the housing system. It's really a win-win scenario for everyone aside from the people who want it now and don't have any money.

I mean, most people who were banking away cash money for housing are likely gonna have enough to at least get a small plot while they exist. People who didn't bank away a couple million and thought that they'd have enough were delusional to begin with, as rude as that may be to say. These types of people though are usually the ones who want stuff without having to work for it, which is another whole discussion for another day.

Housing shit aside, this patch is actually pretty nice, since the updates to Mor Dhona and Limsa make me pretty excited for Ninja in 2.4. Already got my welfare ST sand for the week. Not a bad patch, and definitely a set up for a crazy huge patch in 2.4. Much excite.

You forgot the meltdown from some raiders over the Nexus weapons being the same iLevel as coil gear. It is going to be an entertaining day at the official forums.

studyguy

Raiders getting angry over relics is the dumbest shit.
The content is done and everyone will be outpaced in ilvl next patch anyway.
Saw Mor Dhona, it's getting fucking huge. The next step following Nexus is going to basically be a light saber at this point.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
That looks a little awkward.

I think it also the question needs to be raised on whether the amount of servers Square Enix has rented is actually adequate on the grand scheme of things. Square Enix wants to maximize profits while not affecting their service too much, which is understandable, but are they currently at a happy medium? Not being able to add new features because of the unwillingness to invest in new servers is a problem.

Cmagus

I mean, most people who were banking away cash money for housing are likely gonna have enough to at least get a small plot while they exist. People who didn't bank away a couple million and thought that they'd have enough were delusional to begin with, as rude as that may be to say. These types of people though are usually the ones who want stuff without having to work for it, which is another whole discussion for another day.

See for me I don't care all that much about housing tbh except I want the ability to garden and earn the minions and work on my chocobo. I would say things like this are huge flaws in the housing system. For many people it's not about not wanting to work for it but I also don't want to spend a lot of money that I can use elsewhere just to use one feature. I don't know either way I'm not angry and expected the pricing to be high so I guess one day i'll get there.

Valor

See for me I don't care all that much about housing tbh except I want the ability to garden and earn the minions and work on my chocobo. I would say things like this are huge flaws in the housing system. For many people it's not about not wanting to work for it but I also don't want to spend a lot of money that I can use elsewhere just to use one feature. I don't know either way I'm not angry and expected the pricing to be high so I guess one day i'll get there.

Yeah, I agree that it'd be nice to be able to grow my own garden stuff not on the company dime, but I suppose since we've been waiting this long, a bit longer won't hurt. If I was gonna get a house, I'd want a medium at least, which is like 3x my net worth. Not anytime soon.

iammeiam

I will say that I don't think having personal and FC housing share wards in general is a bad idea--were the prices accessible to the common man, it would have been sad to see FC wards clear out as everyone retreated to their own personal areas. Not being able to idle and watch people emote spam outside the house would have been too bad.

Also as a dirty poor who probably couldn't have afforded sanely priced housing, I would have had a hard time finding people to /slap.

Nah man. It has too much glow in Nexus. Gotta have that harp, man.

I hate that harp so much. Why is the color scheme terrible? The paint job on the finished relic still looks unfinished. Why is it there when I have to pull out another, completely seperate, harp to sing. Why does relic glow never cover up its hideous color scheme. Why why why.

Wilsongt

Besides slapping and fabulous change posing, I think the best update this time around is indeed Mor Dhona and mounts in housing districts.

It's been awesome watching it grow since 2.0.

Frazley

Gotta go to Mor Dhona and check it out!

I am still broke, but I will be buying an FC room soon. Figured I will save up for a house. I want a medium at least if not a large. I will wait for it.

dcye

Yo does anyone have a link to some serious numbers on how bad parry is? People arguing about it in my TS and I want to end the argument.

studyguy

Yo does anyone have a link to some serious numbers on how bad parry is? People arguing about it in my TS and I want to end the argument.

I don't really care too much for Parry any longer, I'd rather hit the HP reqs to survive content and go balls deep into DET. Mitigation is great but I'd rather just push out more wet noodle damage as a tank. If I'm alive after Nael's hits, then I'm golden.

The only argument I'll make for Parry is that it's great to see it on dragoons
always good for a laugh

Zalasta

Well, while I would love to start gardening on my own, there is nothing exclusive to personal housing at the moment to justify the price tag, not even additional storage space. So even though I can afford a medium plot, I'm just going to hold on to my money, because for the most part having a house this early won't really pay for itself.

scy

Serious numbers? Probably not. My personal assessment, which again is as a new 50 Paladin, is I'd rather prioritize Capped Accuracy > Determination > Parry > Crit. At best, Parry is serving to give Healers an extra GCD they can spend DPSing instead of reactively Healing / Adloing / Stoneskin / whatever-ing. Which is a relevant thing but it's not "max Parry to survive" levels of importance, which unfortunately is what apparently every 2.2 Paladin BiS guide seems to like to put up (Accuracy [to cap] > Parry as required stats per slot).

Essentially, Parry is "meh" in terms of return for survival, nice for smoothing damage to save Healers a GCD or so, and a better option than Crit Chance / Skill Speed for a PLD.

no comment on WAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom