• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

Well, in any case, the japanese really aren't happy if what I read is true (though demanding that Yoshida resign is a bit much).

@Sorian: My eyes... MY EYES! I CAN'T SEE!

Demoskinos

Crap. I just got myself into the biggest gil sink ever. NO REGRETS.

5418752922c3922c7b9702ed.jpg

studyguy

Excal's small plots are 5m.
It's not even a big deal, but I just can't be arsed to have woken up at 4AM to buy one.
They're probably all gone by now.

Asking Yoshida to resign has to be a joke #housinggate #noteverycatboy #1.23didnothingwrong

WolvenOne

Last I heard, 1 point of parry gives you an additional .05 percent chance of parrying an attack, with the amount parried being determined by your Strength.

So 600 parry gives you roughly a one in three chance of parrying a blow. Basically, a lot of it stacked together makes a pretty big difference, but an extra 15-30 parry is barely noticeable.

So my philosophy is, if you're Main Tank, stack as much parry as you can without gimping your other stats. If you're off tank or DPS, Determ and Crit is more worth your time. Skillspeed/spellspeed will also be worth your time, "eventually." Best guess is that'll happen by the time players start reaching either ilvl130 or ilvl150.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Different game, but if you want to see a ton of players that would hate COIL, just look in the Destiny Raid topic :lol

creid

I didn't realize the hate for Ul'dah housing was so strong. When I was running around this morning there were 3-4 small houses left between LL and Gridania, and I don't think a single new house had been sold in Ul'dah yet.

Sophia

And they STILL won't unlock coil.

I wish they'd remove Coil's lockout entirely. It serves no function when other content has far less restrictions. At the very least, it should be a loot lockout and nothing more.

What's the issue?
I roll control

There's an obnoxious ramp up time when moving with a controller now. I only noticed it on my mounts personally, but others are experiencing it when moving normally.

studyguy

Lets just say it takes a full second or two to reach full speed, being a PS4 user its very annoying, makes some aoes (weight of the land, acid rain) very difficult to avoid.

So is it like 1.0 where everyone started off at a small trot or something or just a general lag?
You used to have to wait till the full weight was put into changing directions of motion, I can't imagine it works like that given ARR's animation

Demoskinos

Lets just say it takes a full second or two to reach full speed, being a PS4 user its very annoying, makes some aoes (weight of the land, acid rain) very difficult to avoid.

Hmmm not saying it isn't a thing but I...haven't noticed this at all myself. PS4 as well.

Taruranto

That onion

Initially I wanted to keep it, but then I realized all the amazing things I could do with my level 11 choco and I decide it was better to get some gil back.

Plus with personal gardening shit should crash soon, so sell your jute and glazenut fast people.

WolvenOne

It's more like a quarter second for me, and I mostly stopped noticing it after turning analog sensitivity upto 100%.

Anyhow, here's my informal list of activities that seem to count towards progress on your Nexus Weapons.

Confirmed

Expert Roulette. *Possibly any of the EXDR dungeons even off roulette.*
Frontlines
Coil
Syrcus Tower

Edit

Trial Roulette (Inconsistent)
High Level Fates (inconsistent.)
Maps (inconsistent.)

Yet to Confirm

Extreme Primals. (very likely)
Labyrinth of the Ancients (very likely)
Preatorium
Castrum
High Level Duty Roulette
Low Level Duty Roulette.

Now I just need to know if there's a daily reset, or, if I simply cannot do the same thing twice in a row to grind out a Nexus, and I'll be set.

scy

Last I heard, 1 point of parry gives you an additional .05 percent chance of parrying an attack, with the amount parried being determined by your Strength.

So 600 parry gives you roughly a one in three chance of parrying a blow. Basically, a lot of it stacked together makes a pretty big difference, but an extra 15-30 parry is barely noticeable.

Realistically, the Parry argument comes down to melds and a few choice pieces of gear. And, well, Novus (and now DonutNexus) I guess. Here it's really looking at the effective return of ~100-ish Parry (which is around the 2.3% or so mitigation mark) vs like 100-ish Crit? In those cases, I'd weigh the Parry higher since Crit isn't highly valued at only +50% damage with PLD baselines (WAR is arguably Crit > Parry). I just wouldn't do this whole Parry over everything else methodology :x

Also, I do believe it's .076% / 1 Parry or around an expected 2% mitigation per 100 points. The issue is that it's RNG mitigation so Parry shouldn't be geared for survival but for smoothing damage over time.

WolvenOne

It starting to sound like Nexus rewards are determined by Party Size + Length of Instance. Though of course, this hasn't been 100% confirmed yet.

Sorian

Banned
Now I just need to know if there's a daily reset, or, if I simply cannot do the same thing twice in a row to grind out a Nexus, and I'll be set.

Do whatever you want as long as you want. I've been spamming ST all day and have gotten blinding every single time.

WolvenOne

Realistically, the Parry argument comes down to melds and a few choice pieces of gear. And, well, Novus (and now DonutNexus) I guess. Here it's really looking at the effective return of ~100-ish Parry (which is around the 2.3% or so mitigation mark) vs like 100-ish Crit? In those cases, I'd weigh the Parry higher since Crit isn't highly valued at only +50% damage with PLD baselines (WAR is arguably Crit > Parry). I just wouldn't do this whole Parry over everything else methodology :x

Also, I do believe it's .076% / 1 Parry or around an expected 2% mitigation per 100 points. The issue is that it's RNG mitigation so Parry shouldn't be geared for survival but for smoothing damage over time.

at .076 X 600, you have 45% chance of parrying a blow. However mitigation will grow exponentially at higher levels since parry amount is determined by Strength. Basically, as your gear improves, you not only parry more often, but you parry for larger amounts as well.

You are right that it isn't very consistent yet. You won't start approaching anything close to consistency until people start getting close to 1000 parry, much further beyond that and you'll start seeing deminishing returns. (At 1300 you should be pretty close to 100%.)

Right now, parry is worth it for Main Tanks, because it reduces the likelihood of an, (Oh $#%!%,) moment. Basically, if the MT isn't fully buffed up and gets hit by a Ravensbeak, a 27% parry very well could save him, or at least reduce the stress on the healers.

More consistent mitigation would be better of course, but especially for learning, parry is a valid stat.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It starting to sound like Nexus rewards are determined by Party Size + Length of Instance. Though of course, this hasn't been 100% confirmed yet.

Stand at Xande's doors for an hour?
That's ridiculous. But then again, wouldn't be the first ridiculous decision of 2.3

WolvenOne

Stand at Xande's doors for an hour?
That's ridiculous. But then again, wouldn't be the first ridiculous decision of 2.3

Best you can get is, "New Born Star," and it looks like you need a lot of those to get your Nexus. So you can't simply wait around in an instance until the last five minutes to skip a lot of extra work.

Blinding Light, is the score below that, and it sounds like people get that doing ST normally.

Frazley

Just grab a private room, at least until prices come down. If you're having trouble decorating that, you probably won't get much use out of a house.
Thanks, good idea. Biggest thing I want is to garden. Medium would get me 2 slots, but yeah I'll start with an FC room.

iammeiam

So Nexus doesn't sound terrible as an interim step--it's basically doing whatever you were going to do before, with speculation that length impacts things maybe incentivizing people toughing it out in messier groups. A lot will depend on how much grinding is actually necessary for progressing it, but for everyone that doesn't have a HA weapon yet it seems like it requires no real change to your normal playing. HA people will have to play extensively with a weaker weapon, which I guess sucks for them,

Not really motivating me to get back on the relic train, but it might be the first post-Zenith step that doesn't sound unappealing. So I guess that's improvement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom