• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I would have been fine with being given a building in Revenants Toll, it could be instanced for every single player. Then again there isn't a market board there and there are complications with that, Mor Dhona doesn't belong to any of the 3 nations (for taxing purposes). Also the main cities might be empty after a market board is put there lol.

iammeiam

I think I'd ultimately have liked to see instanced 'lanes' of cheaper private housing branching off the existing wards, along with allowing individuals to buy the existing plots if they had the cash. Make all the instanced lanes small houses, no stables (or a shared stable per lane, no per-plot stables) no MB (since you can just exit out to the main ward for that). Gardening in a windowbox or something. Make it maybe 800K gil.

I dunno. Realistically my next four million gil or so are probably either going towards desynth leveling or just straight buying demimateria for Halcyon supra. Housing stuff is just interesting to BS about

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Im still pretty pissed about housing. Will take everything Yoshi says and does with a giant rock of salty bullshit from now on though.

Will just buy a personal room.

studyguy

tumblr_m4rocyT1XD1rn95k2o1_500.gif

So another group of friends rounded me up for a static.
Looks like I'm a BRD now? That's a big switch...
Also decided to bite the bullet and buy a home, but the only ones left on the server when I managed to log on were L size.
Nope.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Are frontlines deader than dead all the time or I just have to try to play in peak times more?
Because these queues holy shit Wolves' Den 2.0

Dr. Rank

Neo Member
I got my sand yesterday, so I am done with ST For the week.

Me too. It was by far the worst ST run I have ever had. We wiped at every boss once, including the Xande meteor which has never happened to me before. Hopefully next week will be better cause I don't want every run lasting an hour

Frumix

Suffering From Success
ea0055958e73e2c7ee3dd6889efad657.png

Whoa, whoa, slow down Satan!
Is this real life?

For comparison, the only sources of FC3 before were some pretty expensive furniture items, forager's hats and artisan specs.

iammeiam

Man I think I may have vendored some Garlean stuff yesterday, too. That timing.

But, whatever. Crash those FCIII prices! I want a reason to start saving Olgois instead of blowing them up!

scy

It's funny how even more irrelevant they've made the ST gears into.

As someone only just now starting to gear Soldiery stuff but has tons of Allied Seals, there's a few ST drops I can pick up to bridge the gap over Sands/Oil. But, yeah, almost every single ST run so far has been rotting item drops.

Steel Joints are already 30k on Ultros.

hahahahaha

oh god those vendored joints

this is me crying

Talaysen

Also decided to bite the bullet and buy a home, but the only ones left on the server when I managed to log on were L size.
Nope.

They were all gone within like half an hour. I had to log in right away to get mine, and it was tough finding one decently close to a market board.

Are frontlines deader than dead all the time or I just have to try to play in peak times more?
Because these queues holy shit Wolves' Den 2.0

Same as normal for me, though I did have a 48-person one yesterday...

And what most amaze me they still shield on the RMT for the prices.

I love how their logic for pricing personal housing is exactly the same for pricing Free Company housing. An individual player does not have the same amount of resources or income as an entire group of people. With a Free Company house, numerous players can combine resources and income to obtain a lot, but with personal housing, the entire burden of the cost is on a single player.

If anything, these prices might actually encourage even more RMT.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I love how their logic for pricing personal housing is exactly the same for pricing Free Company housing. An individual player does not have the same amount of resources or income as an entire group of people. With a Free Company house, numerous players can combine resources and income to obtain a lot, but with personal housing, the entire burden of the cost is on a single player.

Oh they definitely will.

how are ppl gonna afford those 87 million gil large houses?

studyguy

I dunno, if I wanted to I could have probably piled enough cash for an L house. It's not insanely difficult to make cash in this game if you just put on something to watch and craft in the background tbh. It might be partially RMT cash flowing into my pocket ingame from the boards, but I can make it without some direct influx of RMT cash from an actual goldselling site.. Isn't Graverobber like mad loaded here? Some dude puts in that work, I've only started going hard since my static went to shit and that was only a month or so worth of time.

Right now I have enough thavarian onions to use personally that could have bought a home alone.

That said near 100m is a waste of gil.

Sophia

Might encourage RMT? They already have. The amount of spam has gone up significantly and I know of at least one person who bought gil to get their house.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I dunno, if I wanted to I could have probably piled enough cash for an L house. It's not insanely difficult to make cash in this game if you just put on something to watch and craft in the background tbh. It might be partially RMT cash flowing into my pocket ingame from the boards, but I can make it without some direct influx of RMT cash from an actual goldselling site.. Isn't Graverobber like mad loaded here? Some dude puts in that work, I've only started going hard since my static went to shit and that was only a month or so worth of time.

Right now I have enough thavarian onions to use personally that could have bought a home alone.

That said near 100m is a waste of gil.

Not enough bootstraps.

TheMink

My item lvl is embarrassing. At lvl 40 DRG what rings/earrings/bracelets should i be sporting? I've just been sporting the same crap for 30 lvls

My item lvl is embarrassing. At lvl 40 DRG what rings/earrings/bracelets should i be sporting? I've just been sporting the same crap for 30 lvls

doesn't matter till you hit end game. All that matters really at lower level is that you have gear near your level (what you have is fine) and a weapon close/at your level. Weapon is the biggest thing. There isn't any need to waste money trying to get better low level accessories when you are just going to replace them once you hit 50 with i90/i100 accessories

Eldren

The controller issue is annoying but I managed to get through ST fine last night and then:

Goodbye Atma grind! I'm pretty sure I'm very overgeared for where I am in the story and in general (lol Titan EX) but I can now focus on getting through all the content I've been procrastinating on.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Did 6-8 as MNK with the same controller issue...it's playable. Just really really frustrating

Well we've cleared for the week
inb4 bragging accusations
it's just our people who use gamepads had problems.
He didn't stop on a dime though, just had slow starts.

TheMink

doesn't matter till you hit end game. All that matters really at lower level is that you have gear near your level (what you have is fine) and a weapon close/at your level. Weapon is the biggest thing. There isn't any need to waste money trying to get better low level accessories when you are just going to replace them once you hit 50 with i90/i100 accessories

This is what i figured, but i figured id ask anyway.

You should be getting gear that keeps up with your real level through your Main Scenario quests.

That probably would be true if i were doing the main scenario super actively :p am at like the lvl 24 req for story.
I liked it, but i like grinding more. I was thinking a about continuing the main story when i hit 45.

IvorB

The controller issue is annoying but I managed to get through ST fine last night and then:

Goodbye Atma grind! I'm pretty sure I'm very overgeared for where I am in the story and in general (lol Titan EX) but I can now focus on getting through all the content I've been procrastinating on.

You got them all? Wow that gives me hope. I don't think gear is an issue in Titan EX. It's those one-hit-gone-for-good manoeuvres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom