• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Oh, the game is playable with the controller issue, for most players anyway. It simply makes runs more frustrating and wipe prone then they ought to be. <_<;;

Eldren

You got them all? Wow that gives me hope. I don't think gear is an issue in Titan EX. It's those one-hit-gone-for-good manoeuvres.

Oh, that was probably unclear. That's the soldiery weapon for BLM that you get with an Unidentified Allagan Tomestone from ST, which I got on my very first run of the week (plus 1300 soldiery worth of Rowena tokens) (Edit: plus a pinch of Sands of Time to unweather it). I got stuck at 9 atmas and gave up lol. Central Thanalan was driving me nuts. And yeah, every party I've been in has wiped during the phase with the two gaolers. I'm not even thinking about attempting to beat him until this controller issue is fixed.

Demoskinos

Oh, the game is playable with the controller issue, for most players anyway. It simply makes runs more frustrating and wipe prone then they ought to be. <_<;;

For stuff like acid rain in T6 that you know is coming start running in a small circle so you're already moving. It helps. Plumes in Titan EX or things of that nature might be harder to adjust to though.

Tabris

Well we've cleared for the week
inb4 bragging accusations
it's just our people who use gamepads had problems.
He didn't stop on a dime though, just had slow starts.

Yeah we cleared T6-T8 with no issue but both mine and our healer's timing was off a bit with movement. It wasn't really a big issue in T6-T8 but it was a bigger issue in Ramuh EX when we did a couple clears of that.

WolvenOne

For stuff like acid rain in T6 that you know is coming start running in a small circle so you're already moving. It helps. Plumes in Titan EX or things of that nature might be harder to adjust to though.

A bigger issue with T6 for me, was during LOSing Devour. Every time I hit the brier in the center, even briefly, I'd slow to a crawl and have to deal with the warm-up all over again. It felt a lot like doing the fight with Heavy applied to me.

IvorB

Oh, that was probably unclear. That's the soldiery weapon for BLM that you get with an Unidentified Allagan Tomestone from ST, which I got on my very first run of the week (plus 1300 soldiery worth of Rowena tokens) (Edit: plus a pinch of Sands of Time to unweather it). I got stuck at 9 atmas and gave up lol. Central Thanalan was driving me nuts. And yeah, every party I've been in has wiped during the phase with the two gaolers. I'm not even thinking about attempting to beat him until this controller issue is fixed.

Oh. Your message of hope turns to one of despair. I thought you had just glamoured it as a Leviatetin. Why is it glowing? Gonna buy one of those this weekend. I have a UAT kicking around somewhere and actually bought three of those tokens by mistake a while back. But as much as the ATMA grind is destroying my soul I just can't stop myself. :-(

Tabris

A bigger issue with T6 for me, was during LOSing Devour. Every time I hit the brier in the center, even briefly, I'd slow to a crawl and have to deal with the warm-up all over again. It felt a lot like doing the fight with Heavy applied to me.

That's why you don't move through the middle but around Rafflesia.

Demoskinos

Yeah, I had a few embarrassing flubs on the devour myself last night. We had more trouble with T6 than we did with T7. lol

studyguy

Oh, I play on controller and didn't notice any issues btw.
I did however have a metric fuckton of lag in instances though, nothing control wise but it was REAL bad. Dat day 1 patch lag.

Eldren

Oh. Your message of hope turns to one of despair. I thought you had just glamoured it as a Leviatetin. Why is it glowing? Gonna buy one of those this weekend. I have a UAT kicking around somewhere and actually bought three of those tokens by mistake a while back. But as much as the ATMA grind is destroying my soul I just can't stop myself. :-(

Sorry to get your hopes up :( The unweathered version of the weapon glows. Part of me wanted to keep up with the relic stuff because the idea of constantly upgrading it was appealing to me, but the grind was too much. The soldiery weapon is like 3 weeks of hunts and a couple of ST runs, it's no contest. Think of your sanity!

IvorB

Sorry to get your hopes up :( The unweathered version of the weapon glows. Part of me wanted to keep up with the relic stuff because the idea of constantly upgrading it was appealing to me, but the grind was too much. The soldiery weapon is like 3 weeks of hunts and a couple of ST runs, it's no contest. Think of your sanity!

No worries. I guess I just wanted to believe :). I'll see how it goes. I can only pray the ATMA gods will grant me at least one more soon to keep me going.

WolvenOne

That's why you don't move through the middle but around Rafflesia.

Oh for crying out loud, you and your baseless assumptions. I was going around the side, but you'll slow down just the same if your hitbox overlaps with the brier by even a pixel.

Despite that, I didn't get devoured even once because of this. I was only devoured once, when three other DPS ran over to LOS at the same time and we got confused as to whom had the symbol.

Jayhawk

The bad fortune I got from the shrine yesterday is accurate. This Tokyo trip is making me miss buying all the decently priced potash and turning them into Fieldcraft 3s!

aceface

When you unweather those soldiery weapons with a sands of time they glow.

We could try Titan again this Friday, if you are up for it.

Tiops

lol, Syrcus Tower is giving loot like candy now. Got my UAT on first try. How useless is it going to be on patch 2.4? D:

lol, Syrcus Tower is giving loot like candy now. Got my UAT on first try. How useless is it going to be on patch 2.4? D:

If you upgrade it to the 110 version then chances are it will hold some value going into 2.4. They will most likely do something with Shiva like how they did Levi where you can upgrade her wep to 115/120. However I would fully expect her to drop 110 weps as a normal drop so you at least won't be lower than the average people killing her.

iammeiam

Not useless at all--if 2.4 lifts the weekly sold cap (and it should) UATs and sands will be one of the easiest ways to 'catch up' an alt class weapon-wise, and considerably more useful than the i100 equipment drops.

studyguy

Materia prices went up on my server I'm not hurting for cash, but fuck if I'm gonna drop cash on getting to a decent novus on a piece of gear that will be outclassed in a month.

aceface

Actually if you time it well, moving through the briar will break LOS and prevent the stun giving you an extra GCD to use.

Wow never thought of that. Mind blown.

It's frustrating as hell getting stunned during those spits as a healer.

they said they would check for RMT in the patch notes. maybe they were lying. if i notice anyone playing with me involved in this kind of shit, he's finished. can't stand them.

Demoskinos

You think they would check if the buyers are affiliated with RMT.

I mean, how hard it could be...

I think they'll be keeping an eye on house purchasing in general. I believe there was even a line in the patch notes addressing that they were going to take back homes acquired by RMT funds.

Sorian

Banned
So, for the sake of everyone who needs an info dump. Here's all you need to know about nexus:

You're aim is to get 2000 points of light. The zodiac glasses will give you a new message every time you pass a 200 point threshold. For example, at 200 it will start saying that it sees indistinct aether and at 400 it will see faint aether. The bluegartr website also has a third party program that can read your game file and give you an exact number of light.

Feeble Light - 1 point
Gentle Light- 2 points
Bright Light- 4 points
Brilliant Light- 6 points
Blinding Light- 12 points
Newborn Star- 16 Points

A lot of things give light: FATEs, most maps, and level 50 storyline trials and dungeons give feeble. Alex and unhidden maps and HM primals give gentle. Ex primals give brilliant (I think). Second coil and ST give blinding. Other stuff mixed in there like LLDR and EXDR that I don't remember offhand but you can experiment on your own there.

Now, the randomness to this because there is always something, every 2 hours a random selection of instances will be chosen to receive a bonus. As far as I have seen this is completely random and can not be predicted for. If an instance you are running is receiving a bonus then you will receive one rank up of light as your reward. So something normally rewarding gentle will instead reward bright. It should also be noted that the reward is planned for from the beginning of the instance, so if you enter when the bonus window is still open but complete it after it closes, you will still receive the bonus.

As of now, the most lucrative I've heard/seen is either do Cape Westwind runs when it is under bonus for 2 points each. Cape Westwind with 1 tank, 1 healer, and 6 dps takes like a minute to complete. Garuda HM under bonus gives 4 points for about 2.5 minutes of work with the same party set-up. T4 is also probably a great option with or without bonus because it can be done in about 4 minutes and should be at least a 4 pointer before bonus.

As of now, the most lucrative I've heard/seen is either do Cape Westwind runs when it is under bonus for 2 points each.

I sure hope people work out if there's a pattern or something because I would be on bonus Westwind like white on rice. Run that for the full two hours with a full party packing novuses, and you'll get an entire tier down, pretty much.

Just got the game...I haven't played an online rpg since the original PSO, so I'm pretty new to all this. I was going to create a thaumaturge but wound up creating a lancer, I'll see how I like it. I'm on Ultros so at least I did that part right. I'm going to spend a couple of days figuring out how all this works before I start jumping into parties.

Sorian

Banned
I sure hope people work out if there's a pattern or something because I would be on bonus Westwind like white on rice. Run that for the full two hours with a full party packing novuses, and you'll get an entire tier down, pretty much.

We were thinking there was a pattern for a bit because we got Ifrit HM -> Garuda HM -> Titan HM-> Moogle HM -> and then we got Garuda again and then two hours later Ifrit AND titan were under bonus. It's seemed very random otherwise and thats just from the primal portion of things because it looks like at least one HM primal is always under bonus.

So I went ahead and bought a small plot of land. It was only 2.1 mil, which was still almost all my money. Now I don't have enough to actually build a estate, but I guess it was important to actually secure that spot. I can't believe there were so many cheap spots available still.

I really wanna get into gardening, maybe I'll be able to recoup some of the costs. At the very least I wanna get an onion for my chocobo.

Now to think about decorating. I already have the marble floor, now I need to think of a theme.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So when I got on the game last night, I got into the linkshell that the guys I ran T8 with last week invited me to, to ask if they were going to run T6 and needed me. They said they'd be running it and asked if I wanted to come. I said hell yeah if you guys are doing it I'm in. We beat T6 even with a number of our members having problems from the controller issue introduced with this patch. It was late and a couple of members didn't want to try T7, but we cleared the trash, which I was like cool I haven't done this part yet, I'll get that achievement. After the group disbanded, I went to do some stuff and then tried to find a group to do Turn 7, having pugged all the groups I've done so far. No luck, the only party finder groups are for Turn 6.

Enter today. I log in and try to post in the linkshell asking if they are going to be running T7. It doesn't work. I think I'm doing something wrong like entering the wrong number for the channel. Check my linkshells and the one for that group is no longer there. I'm confused. They are still in my friends list. I saw they were in Outer Coil. I logged into their teamspeak waiting to talk to them to find out what happened. I hear they are doing T7 and don't want to interrupt. After they are out of the fight I ask them. They tell me they saw me looking for a T7 group and that I was breaking some kind of bond or trust. They said I was in a static with them.

I the what. I was never told by them that I was in a static with them. I pugged with them the first time and the second time asked them if they needed someone to run T6 with them. I thought I was a fill in player like the summoner that was in our group, and not a part of their static. Static was never mentioned except once yesterday when the one person in the group mentioned that they have to form a static in order to even start training for T9. How am I supposed to know I'm in a static if I'm never told I am?

The whole thing was just weird and confusing.

People who were around last time they did this: will every server likely eventually win the Cactuar Lottery thing? Or do they generally not get enough clears to cover everyone?

For both the bomb/cactuar earrings in the past all servers have gotten them within the first few hours of people doing the event. Would honestly expect them to just give everyone them anyway whether or not every server won them just so it's fair to the few potential servers that couldn't get them.

Then again based on how they handled housing prices between servers after calling themselves out on screwing it up in the past.....well, fair is fair after all.

Alex

My house is looking pretty sharp, lately, it's really coming together. I was able to craft a bunch of spares for most of my furnishings as I pulled in the materials and I made decent dent in the gil I spent on the plot. It is nice to have a home that looks passable and not like a fucking redneck dumping ground. All they would need is to allow blacksmith to craft a rusted out pickup truck and most of the FC houses I see would be totally set.

Reading about the relics continues to hurt my head though, even by the utter dregs of the genre this stuff continues to be embarrassing. I really hope this is just some stopgap for smarter system design in the expansion and not their legitimate idea of a content pipeline for the future.

So I went ahead and bought a small plot of land. It was only 2.1 mil, which was still almost all my money. Now I don't have enough to actually build a estate, but I guess it was important to actually secure that spot. I can't believe there were so many cheap spots available still.

Lucky! Ours faded fast, I got worried and pulled the trigger as fast as I could and it seems like it was a good idea as I think both wards were sold out of basically everything but large houses by the time I was off work the next day. Even the sad little Goblet was cleared out of small houses extremely quickly.

Those don't look like slime earrings, get the fuck out of here SE.

I love Dragon Quest and all, but I think I actually want the Dodo stuff more. I still want my Dodo mount.

iammeiam

Here's hoping everyone gets everything, then. If Ultros doesn't get dodo earrings, I'm blaming any and all GAF at TGS for failing us.

Shitty connection problems tonight led to, surprise surprise, more fishing. Which reminded me how depressing the B-rank changes can be, what with people murdering my fishing buddies and all:

EhqPH23.jpg

(RIP Bloody Mary, it sucks that you have to come back every five seconds to die again, I hope you're never my weekly.)

and led to some uncommon kindness from RNGesus in the form of multiple successful desynths, so I kept some and now I have new mining glamour!

I still need to catch some sandals and some hats, plus the lei items that require either a supra or the FC buff to gathering plus food I think so lol good luck with that, but I've been enjoying playing the desynth lottery and am sort of hyped for new fishing hopefully coming in 2.4. It seems to be the cheapest of the DoL/DoH classes to meld out to max, although I guess a lot is going to hinge on how far FCIII drops and if the next tier of fish is going to require Supra as a base.

It's nice to have something to do that is fairly lag and idiot proof.

Jayhawk

I am at the Eorzea cafe now. I ordered like four different dishes because YOLO. The battery on my point and shoot camera is done because of all the pictures I took. For example, I shot each page of the English menu. Let's see if they add a gaijin fee to my total. The Japanese prices are the same as in the English menu.

I am at the Eorzea cafe now. I ordered like four different dishes because YOLO. The battery on my point and shoot camera is done because of all the pictures I took. For example, I shot each page of the English menu. Let's see if they add a gaijin fee to my total. The Japanese prices are the same as in the English menu.

psh screw the menu, foody pics more important. Those coasters

Tabris

Actually if you time it well, moving through the briar will break LOS and prevent the stun giving you an extra GCD to use.

Yeah but you can get the same affect by running around it. You won't get stunned (assuming you moved as soon as flower icon drops), and you avoid briar. Win-Win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom