• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Sweet I'd like to see that video if you upload it. For the weapons you can glamor something over it to get rid of the glow.

You really shouldn't have to glamour these weapons though. There should be a glow toggle since the actual weapons themselves look pretty cool.

scy

Smash the icicles or else Diamond Dust oneshots, etc etc
Also the inevitable videos of people running it to Let it Go in the background.

They'll just remix Let it Go for her boss track to begin with.

Please don't make Paladins stunlock things again, they're afraid of doing things that aren't standing at a spot.

Real talk, I have no idea how to stunlock with the DR system and <60s between interrupts.

also pls let me stand in one spot, moving is frightening

studyguy

New for 2.4: Housing "Tents"!
Can't afford a real house? Set up shop with our fantastic new mobile home option.
For a low low price of 30m, you too can feel like a real Eorzean citizen.

Here is some concept art!
1275410883-cardboard-house.jpg

The hot fix didn't remedy my controller issue. I still can't go "left" at a certain angle, character comes to a dead stop. I don't think it happens when I'm on the computers here at work, though. So wonder if it's a local issue on my PC. I tried 2 Xbox 360 controllers and both exhibited the same problem.

Valor

The hot fix didn't remedy my controller issue. I still can't go "left" at a certain angle, character comes to a dead stop. I don't think it happens when I'm on the computers here at work, though. So wonder if it's a local issue on my PC. I tried 2 Xbox 360 controllers and both exhibited the same problem.

5dc527c0a2e8716ca4fb461571dbf9cfce285ef6b785b7634bfaf79ac85be4af.jpg

Pretty worrying if they didn't actually fix it though. I didn't run into any issues with it so far, but then again I didn't run Titan at all :x

Frazley

Not that it matters, but Ultra gets the earrings. Can males buy them? I won't wear, just put in armoire.

Edit: Just realized that earrings are worn by everyone in FFXIV. Stats.

rubius01

Not that it matters, but Ultra gets the earrings. Can males buy them? I won't wear, just put in armoire.

Edit: Just realized that earrings are worn by everyone in FFXIV. Stats.

The slime earings? Where do you get them? Does that also mean, by extension that i've been missing out on all the other cool earings?

New for 2.4: Housing "Tents"!
Can't afford a real house? Set up shop with our fantastic new mobile home option.
For a low low price of 30m, you too can feel like a real Eorzean citizen.

Here is some concept art!

Makes me want to join the other jobless hobos outside of Ul'dah.

Kenai

The slime earings? Where do you get them? Does that also mean, by extension that i've been missing out on all the other cool earings?

They won't be available til after the con thing is over. Next patch (maybe won't even need a a patch, should announce it) they should have a seller at the waterfall place in old Gridana like they did last year. They'll announce it i think.

Cactuar/Bomb Earring were last year. if they aren't reselling those from that vendor as well i don't think they will be put in game again.

Taruranto

Man, this Noxus stuff is really badly planned. You can't go on alt jobs anymore and it can basically be summed up in "Spam HM primals over and over, 'cause you clearly haven't done them enough!"

Not to mention the poor fellas who got their HA weapons are forced to use it instead lol.

studyguy

MNK stance is arguably the worst. I get the call back but it looks silly as all hell.
Male Archer stance makes it look like your right arm is coming out of the side of your chest depending on the armor too.

MNK stance is arguably the worst. I get the call back but it looks silly as all hell.
Male Archer stance makes it look like your right arm is coming out of the side of your chest depending on the armor too.

That smirk, though. (In all seriousness, I agree, but I do prefer it to the default MNK stance. That incessant hop.)

PLD and WAR are boss. Male DRG is.. okay.. I get that it's an homage to Kain's pose on the FFIV logo, but it doesn't look like a battle-ready stance at all.

God tier. I approve.

WolvenOne

My 360 controller is doing the same thing, only it's a certain right angle. It's an angle that I wouldn't encounter a lot unless making a U turn, which explains the sudden stops I saw seeing in T6 earlier this week. Gonna test the controller with different games later tonight, to see if it's a problem with the controller or FFXIV.

Borrowed my brother in laws X1 controller in the mean time. It doesn't have that problem, and the dpad is much better. Took awhile to get used to the shoulder bumpers though.

studyguy

I swapped from the official XIV 1.0 controller released from Snakebyte a while back to a dual shock 3. It took a good minute to get used to since it felt so damn small. My hands aren't gigantic or anything either.

Eldren

Is that some kind of lion man in the middle? What the

Anyway, I'm really excited for the TGS panels this weekend. I find the census stuff fascinating (Team FemRoe represent) and hopefully we'll hear some interesting details about 2.4, although I guess it's safe to assume they won't spoil too much. 5:45am and 5:15am start times for me though...yikes.

Anyway, I'm really excited for the TGS panels this weekend. I find the census stuff fascinating (Team FemRoe represent) and hopefully we'll hear some interesting details about 2.4, although I guess it's safe to assume they won't spoil too much. 5:45am and 5:15am start times for me though...yikes.

it's the paladain rank 40 pvp armor

studyguy

ADDERS ON MY RIGHT
MAELSTROM ON MY LEFT

Me, the only Flames PLD left on the field.
Looks like an accurate depiction of frontlines alright!

Nevermind, seems like a DRG and whoever that other poor sap is, RIP Flames all the same.

Ken

that zettai ryouiki

Ken

the most important thing about that promo art is zettai ryouiki

the second thing is mounted combat is coming to frontlines

WolvenOne

I swapped from the official XIV 1.0 controller released from Snakebyte a while back to a dual shock 3. It took a good minute to get used to since it felt so damn small. My hands aren't gigantic or anything either.

Personally, while the dual shock 4 feels amazing to hold, I need to be able to access the dpad with either thumb for this game, and the configuration of the analog sticks on Dual Shocks make that a little awkward.

The reason for this is because as off tank I often need to move and do actions at the same time, and there are too many actions for me to map them all to the face buttons.

Edit: my fingers are both long, thick, and reasonably dexterous, so hitting the dpad with either thumb is fairly easy for me.

In Tank vit gear, Def Off, I break 260 on a dummy. *and in T8 by extension.*

In STR Tank gear, it's 290.

That's a lot of Vit to give up for 30DPS, though of course it's worth it in some fights. XD

I haven't tried parsing my warrior on a dummy. I usually only check my dps numbers in like titan ex when I pick up adds or something.

I think it's time for a new PC for XIV since I'm now frequently getting performance-based issues when playing XIV on the lowest settings. I was going to have one built, here are the important specs:

Intel® Core&#8482; i7 5820K Processor (6x 3.30GHz/15MB L3 Cache)
8 GB [4 GB x2] DDR4-2400 Memory Module
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - 2GB
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 -- 4x PCIe x16, 6x USB 3.0, 4x USB 2.0
750W Thermaltake SMART SP-750
120 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD -- Read: 540MB/s, Write: 410MB/s
1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s -

My question is this:

The GTX 970/980 are coming out tomorrow (supposedly), so if I wanted to grab one of those two cards, could somebody tell me if it would work with the above specs?

As for my XIV controller issue - I installed the game on a laptop at work and had no issue with it. So I'm thinking at this point I need to uninstall XIV maybe and re-install it? I'm going to try playing another game when I get home to make sure it's not the 360 controller driver or something.

I think it's time for a new PC for XIV since I'm now frequently getting performance-based issues when playing XIV on the lowest settings. I was going to have one built, here are the important specs:

Intel® Core™ i7 5820K Processor (6x 3.30GHz/15MB L3 Cache)

My question is this:

The GTX 970/980 are coming out tomorrow (supposedly), so if I wanted to grab one of those two cards, could somebody tell me if it would work with the above specs?

As for my XIV controller issue - I installed the game on a laptop at work and had no issue with it. So I'm thinking at this point I need to uninstall XIV maybe and re-install it? I'm going to try playing another game when I get home to make sure it's not the 360 controller driver or something.

Mail me the parts I'll let you know then if it will work or not.

Intel® Core™ i7 5820K Processor (6x 3.30GHz/15MB L3 Cache)

My question is this:

Why are you going with a 6 core processor and then skimping on the video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom