• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's time for a new PC for XIV since I'm now frequently getting performance-based issues when playing XIV on the lowest settings. I was going to have one built, here are the important specs:

Intel® Core™ i7 5820K Processor (6x 3.30GHz/15MB L3 Cache)
8 GB [4 GB x2] DDR4-2400 Memory Module
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - 2GB
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 -- 4x PCIe x16, 6x USB 3.0, 4x USB 2.0
750W Thermaltake SMART SP-750
120 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD -- Read: 540MB/s, Write: 410MB/s
1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s -

My question is this:

The GTX 970/980 are coming out tomorrow (supposedly), so if I wanted to grab one of those two cards, could somebody tell me if it would work with the above specs?

As for my XIV controller issue - I installed the game on a laptop at work and had no issue with it. So I'm thinking at this point I need to uninstall XIV maybe and re-install it? I'm going to try playing another game when I get home to make sure it's not the 360 controller driver or something.

you post this in the build a computer thread on gaming?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Who's missing T2?

en2_01.jpg

iammeiam

Hit WHM 50 tonight, can now suck in TWO DF roles, and started on the relic biz. Then stopped after Chimera because I realized this was all going to inevitably lead to me in DF trying to solo heal Titan HM after some newbie falls off, and then everyone would be dead.

So relic can go rot, I have a Yagrush and that's good enough for medica spamming in S ranks.

Wilsongt

People already have their Nexus. I am not fucking surprised. I knew there was a reason why my roulette Mog today was full of overgeared people.

WolvenOne

Welp, up to Indistinct Light. Behind a couple people this time, but I've been busy with a couple other projects this time around. <_<;;

Uh, incidentally, Group Not a Euphemism is starting to shape up, only a few spots left. Unless my increasingly sleepy brain is forgetting someone, still need a PLD, DPS, and Healer.

I have a few people in mind, but I wasn't able to get a hold of them today. <_<;;

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
http://i.imgur.com/1UJjFgc.jpg[IMG]

So...[SPOILER]the girl in the end of the main story in 2.3 is shiva in human form?[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

It annoys me that I hadn't realized this before.

They even talk about how devoted her servants are.

So...
the girl in the end of the main story in 2.3 is shiva in human form?

It's possible, but not necessarily. You see shiva in the back of that image.
She could be some new villain opening the Ishgard story stuff, like some sort of summoner or whatever that contracts Primals to fight for them by offering them people to worship them. Could just be her human form, but that'd be a first though. However the primals physical manifestation doesn't exclude the possibility of them taking human form if they wanted to. It would also make sense if her "beast tribe" are humans.

Regardless, who the hell cares about the frigid lady, bring on the Ninjas already.

Munba

It's possible, but not necessarily. You see shiva in the back of that image.
She could be some new villain opening the Ishgard story stuff, like some sort of summoner or whatever that contracts Primals to fight for them by offering them people to worship them.

Mmh yeah, it's a possibility.

IvorB

Sweet I'd like to see that video if you upload it. For the weapons you can glamor something over it to get rid of the glow.

Yeah I will post here if I manage. Wish me luck!

You really shouldn't have to glamour these weapons though. There should be a glow toggle since the actual weapons themselves look pretty cool.

I like the look of the weapon but I'm not feeling the glow to be honest.

aceface

Hit WHM 50 tonight, can now suck in TWO DF roles, and started on the relic biz. Then stopped after Chimera because I realized this was all going to inevitably lead to me in DF trying to solo heal Titan HM after some newbie falls off, and then everyone would be dead.

So relic can go rot, I have a Yagrush and that's good enough for medica spamming in S ranks.

Cool now you can heal with me for help night tonight.

Speaking of which I'll be on from 9pm eastern tonight on Ultros if anyone wants help getting through stuff!

Claymore

So is spamming the Primal with bright lights the fastest way for lights?

I often have trouble finding a farmparty, so what would be the best way to farm for solo players?

dramatis

Can we talk about how she's mismatched acolyte's halfgloves, boots and skirt with a dyed cashmere robe? 4/10 glamour.
It's called "mix coordination" in Japan. The reason you can wear Calvin Klein jeans with Nike sneakers and still look stylish. The sets are nice as a whole, but individual parts can look equally good coordinated with other things.

Men. The only thing they ever feel like they need to coordinate is their tie and socks. Pfffffffft.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
It's called "mix coordination" in Japan. The reason you can wear Calvin Klein jeans with Nike sneakers and still look stylish. The sets are nice as a whole, but individual parts can look equally good coordinated with other things.

Men. The only thing they ever feel like they need to coordinate is their tie and socks. Pfffffffft.

I feel oppressed, time to ask the OF if my linkshell 'The Patriarchy' is allowed in a passive-aggressive manner.

I should have my first job unlocked by tomorrow, which is really exciting. I am getting worried about Titan (and Bray to an extent), Ifrit gave me far more trouble than I expected. Still thrilled to finally get to 30 regardless, Bard should be interesting.

Valor

Drama fashion police persists outside of Eorzea.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I should have my first job unlocked by tomorrow, which is really exciting. I am getting worried about Titan (and Bray to an extent), Ifrit gave me far more trouble than I expected. Still thrilled to finally get to 30 regardless, Bard should be interesting.

Bray should be relatively easy for DPS or Healer. If you're a tank, though, it's kind of a step up, especially for "Doesn't get their tanking stance till level 40" PLD.

Bray should be relatively easy for DPS or Healer. If you're a tank, though, it's kind of a step up, especially for "Doesn't get their tanking stance till level 40" PLD.

That's good to hear. I have not been brave enough to try healing or tanking in a dungeon yet, even though I am leveling up every class. I am going to try healing in the near future, but I am not sure I will try tanking until I am fairly over geared to give myself some room for error. Tanking seems rather stressful.

Cmagus

Have they said if a trailer is coming for 2.4 during TGS? Maybe when you defeat Shiva Coerthas will melt and go back to normal lol.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I think it's time for a new PC for XIV since I'm now frequently getting performance-based issues when playing XIV on the lowest settings. I was going to have one built, here are the important specs:

Intel® Core™ i7 5820K Processor (6x 3.30GHz/15MB L3 Cache)
8 GB [4 GB x2] DDR4-2400 Memory Module
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - 2GB
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 -- 4x PCIe x16, 6x USB 3.0, 4x USB 2.0
750W Thermaltake SMART SP-750
120 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD -- Read: 540MB/s, Write: 410MB/s
1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s -

My question is this:

The GTX 970/980 are coming out tomorrow (supposedly), so if I wanted to grab one of those two cards, could somebody tell me if it would work with the above specs?

As for my XIV controller issue - I installed the game on a laptop at work and had no issue with it. So I'm thinking at this point I need to uninstall XIV maybe and re-install it? I'm going to try playing another game when I get home to make sure it's not the 360 controller driver or something.

Have you had a SSD before? You are going to put FFXIV on it right? I'd recommend getting a bigger SSD.

IvorB

So does this mean I will probably need to complete the current story to fight Shiva? :-( There is no grind in this game I find more unpleasant than doing the main story quests.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So does this mean I will probably need to complete the current story to fight Shiva? :-( There is no grind in this game I find more unpleasant than doing the main story quests.

You need to complete the current story even to fight Ramuh.
And presumably clear on Extreme Beardman is gonna be a prerequisite for Chill Tits Extreme.

studyguy

what+a+twist.jpg

10/10 never saw it coming.
Looking forward to Shiva's song though, does Soken even update his blog anymore like he used to?
I loved hearing his recordings as he came up with beats and they usually had early glimpses into the next patch's music.

Taruranto

I wonder with what bullshit fetch quest they'll come up next!

Cook dinner for all the company?

IvorB

You need to complete the current story even to fight Ramuh.
And presumably clear on Extreme Beardman is gonna be a prerequisite for Chill Tits Extreme.

Is Ramuh the end of the current story? Because that's where I am. He's going down this weekend.

studyguy

I wonder with what bullshit fetch quest they'll come up next!

Cook dinner for all the company?

Gotta give them all hot cocoa.
It's awfully cold after all.

Also I finally took a dive to DF Ramuh EX.
So many people were hypnotized by that jiggle beard without anyone to help.

scy

So I have like a month to get my Nexus, finish the post-main story main story, and ideally see some real coil?

welp.

Healing Brayflox is a bit harder than normal simply due to the damage output being a lot higher. But, yeah, the hard part of the place is tanking since the stuff hurts so you really need to keep threat and not fucking up moving Aiatar around. That said, it's still a pretty easy dungeon for everyone else so it's more of a "Is your tank functional? No? RIP" check than anything else :x

That said, I've tanked Aiatar down as a DRG before so ... it's doable even if your tank is bad. Just not exactly pleasant.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So I have like a month to get my Nexus, finish the post-main story main story, and ideally see some real coil?

welp.

Are you at complete Novus already? You're saying you're yet to see "real coil" and if you're not I wouldn't have even bothered if I were you. It's such a massive timesink and for what? Get Soldiery weapon if not now then in the first days of 2.4, and then get the reachable i115 which will probably go to Shiva. I absolutely regret undergoing the grind to Novus even once.

scy

Are you at complete Novus already? You're saying you're yet to see "real coil" and if you're not I wouldn't have even bothered if I were you. It's such a massive timesink and for what? Get Soldiery weapon if not now then in the first days of 2.4, and then get the reachable i115 which will probably go to Shiva. I absolutely regret undergoing the grind to Novus even once.

4 books from Animus so I'll probably have that done in the next few days. Soldiery is a two week (PLD so budget weapon pricing) thing so it's really just about the amount of capped weeks remaining until patch and maximizing what I can get out of that. In my opinion, Soldiery weapon is a hard sell to get now when I can get other slots upgraded and just sink time into a comparable weapon for tanking.

Besides, if I'm not actively working towards Animus/Novus/Nexus, what else am I doing when on? AFKing in a corner somewhere?
...actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom