• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

I think I'll enjoy Ramuh's theme but, while listening, I was constantly waiting for the pace to pick up. Similar to Leviathan after the first half or Titan after you break the heart. It just...never happened.

Still, it might be a nice change of pace, and it's kind of difficult for me to say how it will fit the fight when I haven't experienced it for myself yet. Personally, as a stand-alone song, it sounds perfectly fine to me.

Allard

I hear the old summerfest music in there, good to hear it again. The new dungeon remix for Tam Tara is super creepy sounding it looks like it loops similar to Amdapor City. Even has creepy female vocal in the background XD.

Kenai

Tam-Tara? bossfight music is flipping creepy.

Guess it's supposed to be but it'd fit right in a horror game/movie.

BKJest

An issue wherein thaumaturges and black mages were able to cast multiple fire-based spells under the effect of Umbral Ice I or II.
Thanks SE for fixing that! That was indeed a huge problem that needed to be adressed. Hopefully they have overlooked something again.

The "Dalamud Answers" version that is in the patch is not the full version from 1.0. It loops after the "walk free, walk free..." part :(
Just like they did with the 1.0 "Mor Dhona Battle theme" in 2.2.

...Why? :(

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
The "Dalamud Answers" version that is in the patch is not the full version from 1.0. It loops after the "walk free, walk free..." part :(
Just like they with the 1.0 "Mor Dhona Battle theme" in 2.2.

...Why? :(

Flashbacks Echo incoming!

Ken

I think I found my new raiding vanity item.

velveteen-sugarloaf-hat.png

dark_chris

Achievement: Obtanium -Defeat the Avatar within the third turn of the Second Coil of Bahamut (Savage). Title: The Avatar.

Really Square? xD hahah!

Xux

The Parley theme's so good, though. It's like Uematsu and Soken played it and were all, like, "Well, I guess we can make the music good."

I can't wait to wake up and unlock it so I can relive how miserable playing that game made me feel.

Enjolras

Neo Member
I wonder if the distorted Answers could be used in Savage Coil - it would fit in with the BCoB background music at any rate.

Loving the Hullbreaker music, and Syrcus Tower delivers on the FFIII remixes. The music in this game pretty much always delivers.

IMBored

I hope the maintenance gets delayed a few hours so I don't feel the temptation to read all the news at work. Already caved and listening to the music.

plake

Yep, the music always deliver. I also caved in and am listening through it at work. I never grew tired of XI music and doubt I will with XIV.

klee123

This is more when the whole party queues up to an expert roulette together, and then quits. Basically people do this when they want to EXDR reward, but don't want to run one of the longer dungeuns.

So, they queue up over and over until they get the one they want.

That's understandable, but it's also putting additional load on the instance servers, just so players can circumvent the random nature of the Roulette system. So, no it's really not surprising that they decided to put a stop to this, they stopped similar behavior in the past after all.

Hmm, I don't think you understand exactly what this particular change applies to. It doesn't apply to people solo queueing for dungeons, being able to leave without penalty from that was fixed awhile back.

During the duration of patch 2.2x, it was possible to queue into Expert and High Level Duty Roulette as a party of 4. There were no restrictions on Light Parties leaving dungeons and immediately queueing for them. So what we would do is, form a party of 4 and queue for EXDR or HLDR and get into the dungeon. If the dungeon wasn't Brayflox or Wanderer's Palace, we would simply all leave and queue again until it was Bray or WP.

The purpose of this change is to prevent people from forming parties and "gambling" in the EXDR or HDLR until they got the desired speedrun dungeons. Because fuck you, that's why.

Ahh okay. I actually noticed that sometimes df sometimes boots me out of queue, saying that df has a problem or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom