• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

maybe you're just bad

I am pretty bad on MNK. I'm new to it still. Still can't break 400 DPS yet, hovering now around 375. Going to go through some tips with Moara to get me into the 400-450 range.

But we were wiping due to dumb mistakes. Maybe pressure of being streamed? :)

ibaeKfRyYwJJlK.jpg

ibnPLx5pk8jFrt.jpg

;_;

what the hell is a throne gem?

studyguy

Wonder if the team will ever balance it with the new egi when the expansion rolls around so that we're all not just throwing garudas anymore.

Drac

So that's why I never have Allagan Field :eek: (Monk for life \o/)

tiggerkiddo, what's up with the perfect balance in T8 ? I just pop it at the start of the fight and keep it in case I mess up something really bad (never lost my buff but who knows ?). Anyone use something special with perfect balance mid fight when you're fully buffed ? Spamming True Strike is my guess but I never really bothered.

Ken

So that's why I never have Allagan Field :eek: (Monk for life o/)

tiggerkiddo, what's up with the perfect balance in T8 ? I just pop it at the start of the fight and keep it in case I mess up something really bad (never lost my buff but who knows ?). Anyone use something special with perfect balance mid fight when you're fully buffed ? Spamming True Strike is my guess but I never really bothered.

I used to do 4x true strike 1x snap punch with extra PBs but apparently it's not that big of a DPS gain so now I just save PB

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Mooching is the single worst unforgiving mechanic in the game.

Edit: Well, that's a start.
Qynhkn2.png

I hate fishing. But I love swimsuits. What a conundrum.

iammeiam

Mooching is the single worst unforgiving mechanic in the game.

The angriest I have been at this game was Monday night when I was having massive lag bursts, culminating in me missing the final reel in in a frilled shark chain because I was lagging so hard the server apparently didn't get the button press in time. It's already gotten to the point of me flipping off the screen every time I pull in an NQ Giant Squid, that was just too much. Triple mooch is sadistic.

The angriest I have been at this game was Monday night when I was having massive lag bursts, culminating in me missing the final reel in in a frilled shark chain because I was lagging so hard the server apparently didn't get the button press in time. It's already gotten to the point of me flipping off the screen every time I pull in an NQ Giant Squid, that was just too much. Triple mooch is sadistic.

all those fish guts

Jayhawk

At least with most single mooches, you can tell whether or not to even bother with hitting the right button for the post-mooch or pre-mooch fish.

studyguy

I've never fished.
Ever. And I've been playing since 1.0 alpha.

Maybe I should do that and see what all the rage
(literal rage)
is about.

iammeiam

all those fish guts

I desynthed 200 fish yesterday (I'm checking the achievement progress every night before logging off, I should have the title by the end of the week at this rate.) Lawn outside the GAF house has to be covered in fish gore by now. Seagull infestation inc.

I am disappointed there's no fish that turns into coronal wristbands. My mining glamor is incomplete!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
How long does the climb from 0 to 50 take on fishing now?
I haven't leveled a gathering class in god knows how long

When I heard about the desynth swimsuits I levelled FSH up from 1 to 50 in about 3 days of 1-2ing. That part isn't actually hard. I used this writeup as a reference (but by no means a strict guide).

iammeiam

How long does the climb from 0 to 50 take on fishing now?
I haven't leveled a gathering class in god knows how long

0-50 is nothing. I did 20-50 over a weekend of leves, while doing other stuff too.

What's going to kill your soul is the hunt for HQ Silver Sovereigns, RIP.

(Although the blue swimwear stuff is easily catchable without that rod I think.)

Time to make room in my already bulging armory pack then I guess

Lol, so true. I am only at around lvl 20 on all the gathering and crafting classes, but I am already having huge problems with inventory overload. I am pretty sure I am going to have to hire more than the 2 retainers I have so far eventually.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Lol, so true. I am only at around lvl 20 on all the gathering and crafting classes, but I am already having huge problems with inventory overload. I am pretty sure I am going to have to hire more than the 2 retainers I have so far eventually.

Eventually I just realized I only need a handful of ingredients at any time for leveling crafts (maybe a few more for cooking). I don't even bother completing the crafting log. Better to find something in a given tier that only needs 1-3 ingredients to make, and then just push up the quality of if as best you can for XP bonus. Works really well once you get to mid-20s / have some decent cross class skills.

I might note, T8 is my least liked Second Coil turn. Off Tanks feel like such a fifth wheel in it. :p

Nothing to pick up, no real additional mechanics to deal with. At best we're on landmine duty, and are otherwise just DPSing the entire fight.

We have Silent roll as monk for T8. It makes a big difference in how fast the Avatar goes down

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Whoa, Demimog Demimateria market has crashed overnight something fierce from over 1 mil per piece to 100 k.

As a result Kingly Whiskers were swiped away faster than I could say kupo.

Sorian

Banned
Whoa, Demimog Demimateria market has crashed overnight something fierce from over 1 mil per piece to 100 k.

As a result Kingly Whiskers were swiped away faster than I could say kupo.

The weapons are getting farmed very intensely at least once a day thanks to the nexus quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom