• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

WTB fisher to tell me if this glitch is racist and sexist or if it's happening to everyone.

2.38 patch notes include a fix for:

An issue wherein certain pieces of equipment displayed incorrectly when using the /sit emote while fishing.

*To resolve this issue, the seated fishing pose for Lalafell females has been altered.

Which seems to mostly have involved giving a taller stool to sit on. But ever since, there's a constant animation glitch, and I'm curious to know if it's happening to everyone or if it's an effect of the change to female Lalafell.
You can see it here, if you look at the apron part of the shirt every time it transitions from catch animation back to ready-to-cast. I don't remember this at all pre-patch.

Also, highlights of T9 run a few days ago.

Okay, looks like Team Not a Euphemism, is assembled. It'll be making it's trial run on Friday.

Also: Nexus 927/2000.

Getting there.

Didn't Ranketsu do T8 tonight? I'm so confused.

WolvenOne

WTB fisher to tell me if this glitch is racist and sexist or if it's happening to everyone.

2.38 patch notes include a fix for:

Which seems to mostly have involved giving a taller stool to sit on. But ever since, there's a constant animation glitch, and I'm curious to know if it's happening to everyone or if it's an effect of the change to female Lalafell.
You can see it here, if you look at the apron part of the shirt every time it transitions from catch animation back to ready-to-cast. I don't remember this at all pre-patch.

Also, highlights of T9 run a few days ago.

Didn't Ranketsu do T8 tonight? I'm so confused.

It was decided that Renketsu couldn't handle our schedule, so I invited somebody else to take his place. :)

Had an odd trip to Hullbreaker Isle just now.

I did a duty roulette to get started on spiritbonding some i90 gear. Got an 0/3 in-progress, which was sightly suspicious for DPS, and joined during the Sasquatch fight. After the fight, and a few pulls later, it was clear that the tank couldn't tank to save his life (or our lives), and the healer couldn't keep up. After a few wipes to treasure chests, snakes and a Nanka and its family, the tank then said he had to go to work and quit. The timer was around 60 minutes at that point, so I guess it had taken about 20 minutes for them to get through the first stage of the dungeon.

Without a tank and not much hope of getting one fast at the time we were playing, I (BLM) decided to do it. It went a lot better than with the tank who pulled everything, ignored Nanka hatches and kept losing aggro to the healer. A few careful pulls later, and we made our way up to Sjoorm. The healer stood at the gates saying "Are you guys sure about this?", I started casting Thunder 3 and he ran in. Things didn't quite work out to plan, as he then died to Sjoorm's underground charges before the first whirlpool, leaving me and my monk co-pilot, with me tanking. I cycled through burning down the boss and healtanking, and it got pretty close at times - there were a few bits before one dive when I was below 400 HP, his attacks were doing ~450 damage, and my Physicks were doing just a bit over 400, so he would have killed me eventually if he hadn't dived.

Eventually, the monk died to Watery Grave (there might have been a bit of Judas tanking here, as I made sure to go into bubbles after him), and I solo'd the last 10-15% of the boss. I got pretty nervous towards the end, but the timing of the dives and whirlpools were just right to ensure I could keep myself alive long enough and get breaks to heal, plus I managed to Virus him a few times. The healer and monk came back to life and jubilated "omg". This sounds like a fairly self-aggrandising anecdote, but honestly, it wasn't particularly difficult, just risky -- but it was fun, which is why I'm writing about it.

We carried on through the dungeon and got up to the Kraken boss gates when a tank finally joined, and then we blitzed through Kraken without too much trouble. More jubilation ensued, I said my thank yous, gave the monk a commendation for living the longest and left.

No commendations.

Also, we got Animal Fat and Hardened Sap.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Okay. My 970 is installed and I'm going a bit nuts with the 4k DSR downsampled. So, I'll be posting a bunch of pictures. I'm not the best at framing shots but I'll try. These are at max settings. I'll just keep updating this post.

jnG09RI.jpg

w5a6LE4.jpg

ImQw8Ee.jpg

Q2oLDyr.jpg

coiieI1.jpg

olY4IUW.jpg

MRLkKCZ.jpg

6on2vVX.jpg

3r8SXyK.jpg

3fUZ6x7.jpg

I3qM2cR.jpg

k5QNhgz.png

9gjswlz.jpg

y5GypTt.png

So does that mean you switched back to your i110 gears for Sjoorm? Because it's hard to believe you'd be able to pull that off with i90 spiritbonding gears :)

Haha, I didn't spiritbond a full set. I was just spiritbonding a cashmere hat, robe and breeches. Can't make i90 accessories to bond, or the LTW i90 stuff (gloves and boots).

Kintaro

That'll do for now. I would love to play at 4k but because SE will not allow the main dialog bubble to not be adjusted, you can't see WTF people are saying. Idiots. =(

It looks so good too...

Okay. My 970 is installed and I'm going a bit nuts with the 4k DSR downsampled. So, I'll be posting a bunch of pictures. I'm not the best at framing shots but I'll try. These are at max settings. I'll just keep updating this post.

What fps did you get? I tried 4k on GTX 780 and it's fucking unplayable so I stick with 2560x1440. Also, you couldn't read any text at that resolution, could you?

IvorB

Had an odd trip to Hullbreaker Isle just now.

I did a duty roulette to get started on spiritbonding some i90 gear. Got an 0/3 in-progress, which was sightly suspicious for DPS, and joined during the Sasquatch fight. After the fight, and a few pulls later, it was clear that the tank couldn't tank to save his life (or our lives), and the healer couldn't keep up. After a few wipes to treasure chests, snakes and a Nanka and its family, the tank then said he had to go to work and quit. The timer was around 60 minutes at that point, so I guess it had taken about 20 minutes for them to get through the first stage of the dungeon.

Without a tank and not much hope of getting one fast at the time we were playing, I (BLM) decided to do it. It went a lot better than with the tank who pulled everything, ignored Nanka hatches and kept losing aggro to the healer. A few careful pulls later, and we made our way up to Sjoorm. The healer stood at the gates saying "Are you guys sure about this?", I started casting Thunder 3 and he ran in. Things didn't quite work out to plan, as he then died to Sjoorm's underground charges before the first whirlpool, leaving me and my monk co-pilot, with me tanking. I cycled through burning down the boss and healtanking, and it got pretty close at times - there were a few bits before one dive when I was below 400 HP, his attacks were doing ~450 damage, and my Physicks were doing just a bit over 400, so he would have killed me eventually if he hadn't dived.

Eventually, the monk died to Watery Grave (there might have been a bit of Judas tanking here, as I made sure to go into bubbles after him), and I solo'd the last 10-15% of the boss. I got pretty nervous towards the end, but the timing of the dives and whirlpools were just right to ensure I could keep myself alive long enough and get breaks to heal, plus I managed to Virus him a few times. The healer and monk came back to life and jubilated "omg". This sounds like a fairly self-aggrandising anecdote, but honestly, it wasn't particularly difficult, just risky -- but it was fun, which is why I'm writing about it.

We carried on through the dungeon and got up to the Kraken boss gates when a tank finally joined, and then we blitzed through Kraken without too much trouble. More jubilation ensued, I said my thank yous, gave the monk a commendation for living the longest and left.

No commendations.

Also, we got Animal Fat and Hardened Sap.

Mate, some of the best highlight of this game are when things go wrong and the "trinity" breaks down. When you can no longer count on a healer or tank and you have to improvise things get really interesting. One of the best times was making it through that horrible story dungeon with the cannons with no tanks and a party full of casters. Titan Egi really came through that day.

Kintaro

What fps did you get? I tried 4k on GTX 780 and it's fucking unplayable so I stick with 2560x1440. Also, you couldn't read any text at that resolution, could you?

On the 970 it was around 35-40 FPS.

Everything but the main dialog bubbles could be resized nicely. The main dialog is the big problem. SE won't allow them to be resized for whatever dumb ass reason.

Isaccard

That's great. Thanks for this. I'll check it out as soon as I get a chance.

Take everything you read with a grain of salt. This is by no means official or (praise) Tanaka's gospel, but it's largely accepted by the community (who care) as holding some merit.

Ultimately you can ignore everything and just focus on being accuracy capped and attaining the highest ilevel possible and still clear content just fine.

aceface

Despite the fact that Tia stole all my regulars (omg drama) I will soldier on with Friday night help night tomorrow if anyone wants to do T5, ex primals or anything else. Starting at 9:00pm eastern hop on Ultros if you need those (possible) clears.

iammeiam

Despite the fact that Tia stole all my regulars (omg drama) I will soldier on with Friday night help night tomorrow if anyone wants to do T5, ex primals or anything else. Starting at 9:00pm eastern hop on Ultros if you need those (possible) clears.

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO CARRY ME THROUGH RAMUH NOW

ALL IS LOST

WolvenOne

My apologies for disrupting help night. I will try my best not to schedule Coil runs on Friday from now on.

Edit: Wow, even ilvl90 crafted gear won't give you a guaranteed Tier 4 anymore? That's bonkers yo! o_O

WolvenOne

Likely a moot point, but how well does the 970 handle WQHD downsampled? I'm going to be picking up one of those cards in awhile, and I'd like to know how far I can realistically push it before I fall significantly below 60fps.

Again, likely pointless, since the text boxes don't resize properly, but it'd be nice to know how much spare horsepower I'm liable to have when the DX11 version of the game comes out.

WolvenOne

Annoying, since Spirit-binding used to be my primary source of income. It's become so much more difficult to get the good stuff though, and it's ALWAYS in demand thanks to the Relics now. o_O

Double frustrating, because I'd both like to buy a house, and respec my Novus/Nexus. However I'd need to do a lot of successful spirit binding for either affair.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Well people will pay a lot for the 115 BIS item. Judging by all the 800K+ Savage Mights on the market.

BiS for a few weeks that is unnecessary now and will be made irrelevant by other options when it's necessary.

I wish all this grind and expenditure was actually warranted. Either by the grind being one-time (you work hard to put some particular designs you want on the weapon and then it's yours forever) or by secondary stats actually mattering enough to pick the relic over other options and actually feel the difference. As it stands now it's a hopelessness I cannot embrace and I have a nagging feeling people who defend this are those who just can't cope with the fact they've put so much effort into something so pointless.

Annoying, since Spirit-binding used to be my primary source of income. It's become so much more difficult to get the good stuff though, and it's ALWAYS in demand thanks to the Relics now. o_O

Double frustrating, because I'd both like to buy a house, and respec my Novus/Nexus. However I'd need to do a lot of successful spirit binding for either affair.

Didn't take long to do the HQ i90 stuff. I was able to make everything but the terminus putty myself (though I was lazy and bought a couple things), and then with materia slotted (belatedly), I had them done in like 5 expert-level dungeon runs, while getting myth, gil and stuff for seals/desynth/crafting. (Also the dungeons were on Blinding light.)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
My problem with the relic is that the grinds are so mindless. I would rather be learning raid content with that time instead.

scy

I don't really mind the grind but wish it was on more meaningful content instead. Like, why isn't Novus -> Nexus ideally done via the Expert Dungeons and Primals and 1st Coil? The endless HM Primal spam seems weird to me for a weapon at that ilvl.

WolvenOne

Eh, yeah it's an extremely subtle improvement over the High Allagan Battleaxe, but I have a rather strong attachment to my Bravura. It's one of the three weapons I have the strongest attachment to in game.

The others being, the Garuda Axe, and, The Dual Haken. The former because it took a couple weeks of farming, back when Garuda HM was still painfully difficult to pug.

The later because, %^$#@ you Titan!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
On the 970 it was around 35-40 FPS.

Everything but the main dialog bubbles could be resized nicely. The main dialog is the big problem. SE won't allow them to be resized for whatever dumb ass reason.

How tiny were the buff/debuff icons and notifier text?

aceface

My apologies for disrupting help night. I will try my best not to schedule Coil runs on Friday from now on.

Edit: Wow, even ilvl90 crafted gear won't give you a guaranteed Tier 4 anymore? That's bonkers yo! o_O

Nah don't worry about it. Even I stopped doing it for awhile cause my group could only run on Fridays. I'm there to help but if there not much interest I'll be doing ixal dailies or levelling my miner.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Uh, what does your gear look like?

i109

I was never thinking about aligning OGCD with Barrage before. All I was doing was having Internal Release on before Windbite and Venomous Bite, using Blood Letter and Straight Shot proc as soon as available, and weave other OGCB in between GCD. I just realized that my DPS is very low and switching from using macro to manual doesn't really help so it must be something fundamentally wrong about my rotation. Now I kinda know the problem.

Tabris

You should talk with Skoje. He had an issue of staying at 200-250 DPS for a while and we were trying to figure out what was causing the issue. He eventually figured it out, think it had something to do with bloodletter, I dunno, it was all noise to me as I don't play BRD. Now he does 300+ DPS no problem.

The key is working a dummy for a while until you can get that 300+ DPS, then it's just about being able to manage that while also dodging / dealing with mechanics. That's what I gotta do with my MNK, just need to do more than T8 also to get more practice. Used to being PLD for everything. I am geared similar to Moara so I should be able to go from 375 to 450.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom