• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it not worth getting the soldiery gear for a BLM? I was setting it as a goal for myself, to get all the soldiery gear over the next however many weeks.

For BLM, it's not too bad. For SMN...you're kinda screwed. If you aren't doing Coil, you can get the soldiery gear.

WolvenOne

We have Silent roll as monk for T8. It makes a big difference in how fast the Avatar goes down

Well, my only DPS class is DRG, and while I'm okay on that class, (380DPS on a training dummy,) I don't particularly enjoy playing it. Having to learn how to be a half effective DPS, in a relatively short timespan, may have soured me on the class.

Main tanking that fight isn't very fun either. You just sit there and take damage, stopping only a few times in the entire fight to either pop landmines or to trigger a tower.

T7 would be fun, if it weren't for how obnoxious Voices can get after awhile. This is especially true if you're picking up adds while a short voice timer is about to go off. :p

T6, I actually find to be pretty fun. Granted, it's kinda easy once you beat it once or twice, but there's plenty to do and plenty to watch out for, without it feeling like an obnoxious gotcha game.

I've only seen up to the first set of golems, but so far I'm enjoying T9 as well. Once again, there's plenty to watch out for there, but nothing that feels particularly cheap.

Well I see things have changed with the OF. Word of warning for anyone who is banned on them, do not log back into your lodestone account and stay logged in, as long as you are logged in you cannot even look at the forums(all you get is the banned message now).

Whoa, Demimog Demimateria market has crashed overnight something fierce from over 1 mil per piece to 100 k.

Wow, so fast. I just sold it for 700k last week. I guess all of primal Demimateria will crash in price even further.

Alright T9 practice day tonight. Hopefully our group can get pass stupid Golems. The whole fight doesn't look that bad at all.

WolvenOne

Wow, so fast. I just sold it for 700k last week. I guess all of primal Demimateria will crash in price even further.

Alright T9 practice day tonight. Hopefully our group can get pass stupid Golems. The whole fight doesn't look that bad at all.

Doesn't really look that bad, yea. Looks mostly to be a matter of memorizing positions and timing. Not much RNG, and most the mechanics are variations of mechanics we've seen elsewhere in the game.

That doesn't mean to say the fight will be, "easy." You still have to get in there and learn said timings and positions, but nothing about the fight appears obnoxious or unfair, (save for the absurd damage Nael puts out.)

PS: Man, I'm using the word obnoxious way too often today. <_<;;

PPS: Nothing in T9 fills me with as much dread as the Twister phase in T5 did. D:

"TWISTERS! Move move move~! NOT TOWARDS MEEEE!" *BooOOOooMm~!*

Eldren

For BLM, it's not too bad. For SMN...you're kinda screwed. If you aren't doing Coil, you can get the soldiery gear.

Ok cool, thanks for the answer. I haven't even set foot in Coil yet even though I'm well above the minimum ilvl required. I should probably get around to that at some point. Is there an order I should buy the gear in, to get the best stat increases first? Or just go with whatever?

Isaccard

Is it not worth getting the soldiery gear for a BLM? I was setting it as a goal for myself, to get all the soldiery gear over the next however many weeks.

It really depends on what secondary stats you value the most, and for me as a BLM soldiery sucks because it has a lot of crit (warning: opinions inbound) I prefer more spell speed and determination after meeting accuracy caps, which soldiery isint that great for

If you're not doing coil though it's either that or ST gear

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It really depends on what secondary stats you value the most, and for me as a BLM soldiery sucks because it has a lot of crit (warning: opinions inbound) I prefer more spell speed and determination after meeting accuracy caps, which soldiery isint that great for

Dat Firestarter Proc though.

IvorB

Ok cool, thanks for the answer. I haven't even set foot in Coil yet even though I'm well above the minimum ilvl required. I should probably get around to that at some point. Is there an order I should buy the gear in, to get the best stat increases first? Or just go with whatever?

Just look at the stats and see what interests you. Get your glamour ready though. First Coil gear is level 90 so I'm not sure how that is supposed to work when people likely have level 100+ gear without going in there.

IvorB

WolvenOne

Speed stats scale laterally so the more the better, but you need quite a bit to notice the difference, broken up into tiers I believe

Yeah, thing is right now, a lot of pieces in game don't have Skillspeed on them, and short of putting skillspeed into every single slot you're not likely to see much difference at the amounts we're seeing on each piece of gear.

Once we hit the expansion though, not only will the amount of stats per piece of gear be considerably higher, but players will have higher base skill speed to boot. It'll be a lot easier for players to go from 4.3 GCDs per 10 seconds (or whatever it is right now,) to 5+ GCD's.

It'll be especially good for us WAR's, because we'll be able to build Wrath stacks more quickly.

Sorian

Banned
I concur. Eventually Skillspeed/spellspeed will be better, once you can stack enough of it.

That'll probably happen about the time the expansion hits. <_<;;

A level cap increase (which I assume would come with the expansion) would destroy all current numbers. I know SE makes bad decisions often but I'm sure they realize they would have to adjust most of the secondary stat modifiers to account for leveling up. I'm sure spell/skill speed will get more useful but it'll be dinged back down come expansion time and a new "starter" set of level cap gear.

WolvenOne

A level cap increase (which I assume would come with the expansion) would destroy all current numbers. I know SE makes bad decisions often but I'm sure they realize they would have to adjust most of the secondary stat modifiers to account for leveling up. I'm sure spell/skill speed will get more useful but it'll be dinged back down come expansion time and a new "starter" set of level cap gear.

Oh, I'm expecting some modification of stat weights and such. That said, supposedly YoshiP has stated that Skillspeed is going to be a lot better come expansion time. If that's their intention, they probably won't be dinging the stat weight on Skillspeed down that much.

Robin64

So I just discovered today that PC owners get to see which enemies are linked when they hold their mouse over a mob. You get the yellow line bouncing back and forth between them.

Having only played on PS4, I have never seen this. The targeting system just doesn't show it, unless I move the mouse cursor (that I don't use) over an enemy with the silly trackpad thing.

Am I missing an option where this shows on enemies that are selected? Seems silly otherwise.

Isaccard

Most of my in depth BLM knowledge is pulled from here

Damage formula including Crit can be found here it's still based off of Valk's old theory which you linked earlier but this is more "up to date"

math, charts, graphs etc.

I quoute:

There also seems to be diminishing returns with CRT, and that stacking CRT in a bubble will result in lower worth per point the higher you go.

iammeiam

I just realized I probably vendored my Sands of Time from ST last week when I was clearing out fine/mythril/electrum sand. Woops.

So I just discovered today that PC owners get to see which enemies are linked when they hold their mouse over a mob. You get the yellow line bouncing back and forth between them.

Having only played on PS4, I have never seen this. The targeting system just doesn't show it, unless I move the mouse cursor (that I don't use) over an enemy with the silly trackpad thing.

Am I missing an option where this shows on enemies that are selected? Seems silly otherwise.

My PS4 does this when I'm arrowing back and forth between mobs, no special settings.

Sophia

I know regardless of platform it happens if you mouse over an enemy with the mouse. However, I don't know how to trigger this on a gamepad outside of using the trackpad or virtual mouse.

Eyerox

I know regardless of platform it happens if you mouse over an enemy with the mouse. However, I don't know how to trigger this on a gamepad outside of using the trackpad or virtual mouse.
Just highlight the enemy like you regularly would. Sometimes it's hard to see, but it's there.

Sorian

Banned
Oh, I'm expecting some modification of stat weights and such. That said, supposedly YoshiP has stated that Skillspeed is going to be a lot better come expansion time. If that's their intention, they probably won't be dinging the stat weight on Skillspeed down that much.

I think, for the time being, if the only basis we have for something is "yoship said it" then we can assume its worthless and move on.

Koriandrr

guys, if anyone is going to EGX in London this Saturday - I'll be in a FFXIV cosplay :3

HINT: It's a costume. Pretty recent. I'll be dancing too hehe

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I know it's nothing for most people here, but I finally beat Ramuh Extreme after good 5 hours of grouping with randoms.
Most of the groups couldn't get past the first adds, it was really sad.

Talaysen

Most of my in depth BLM knowledge is pulled from here

Damage formula including Crit can be found here it's still based off of Valk's old theory which you linked earlier but this is more "up to date"

math, charts, graphs etc.

I quoute:

I don't know where you're getting that quote from, but I think that's a bit misleading. It is true that stacking crit lowers its stat weight, but that's merely because adding a point of crit makes all of the other stats more effective without changing the efficiency of crit. This is also true for weapon damage, main stat, and determination, though that damage formula suggests that the latter two are linked together.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I am leveling Goldsmith and am in the final stretch.

I discovered the Gravel Golem minion....

If I NPC the golem when done, each synth costs about 10 gil.

BadRNG

So I am leveling Goldsmith and am in the final stretch.

I discovered the Gravel Golem minion....

If I NPC the golem when done, each synth costs about 10 gil.
Oh god I hope you see this post before trying to level off that.

Gravel Golem:
99 Wind Shard
3 Astral Rock

Never leave out shard cost when calculating crafting. That stuff adds up fast.

Qvoth

the current most popular theory for blm is ss > det > crit
generally the more expensive soldiery gears worth more, so body, pants and i think head? it's been quite a while

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Kagari took the house I wanted

D35o5tS.gif

chrono01

Tabris

Whoo. Our group is now wiping on Heavensfall phase constantly instead :) Golem phase down and consistently clearing.

Actually looks like we got to end of Heavensfall phase, so about to get into dive bombs.

Qvoth

Whoo. Our group is now wiping on Heavensfall phase constantly instead :) Golem phase down and consistently clearing.

Actually looks like we got to end of Heavensfall phase, so about to get into dive bombs.

if dps is good enough to get 4 meteors on the 1st phase, what you should do is caster lb3 on the 1st ghost (when the ghost is like 70% hp) and nael, then you can get into the last phase after 2nd heavensfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom