• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvorB

Yup. Post game fights are gonna have even more stuff going on, so Garuda is a good way to get you ready for that. Her story version is honestly one of the more difficult primal fights, I think. You seem to have the right attitude, though, in that you're learning from mistakes and not getting too discouraged. You'll just get her next time.

Gurada story mode is where the kid gloves come off with this game.

Robin64

Gurada story mode is where the kid gloves come off with this game.

That was the point where I realised the community for this game is just far better than WoW's, where I migrated from. Despite failing on that fight, everyone stayed in and tried again. This was just a bizarre concept to me. In WoW, if you wipe everyone leaves.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
That was the point where I realised the community for this game is just far better than WoW's, where I migrated from. Despite failing on that fight, everyone stayed in and tried again. This was just a bizarre concept to me. In WoW, if you wipe everyone leaves.
Well if you don't clear it you can't progress.

Jayhawk

Most of the time we wasted last night when clearing T6 to T9 was waiting for people to get another alcoholic beverage or wiping to the adds at the start of T8 because we got impatient... Nice that the actual content doesn't take too long.

Sorian

Banned
Can someone post their DPS meters for T9 Phase 1 and Phase 3 please if you don't mind? If you skip the 2nd add in Phase 3 that is.

We're so close to avoiding the 2nd add, and just want to confirm what we need to be doing around to ensure it. I know we need to time the caster LB better (and of course not die during 2nd heavens fall).

We need to ensure that no one is dead or weakened during the phase, thats probably the first good step :p

alstein

I've seen what you described happen a few times in this game, but I think the mechanics do a good job of discouraging it in FFXIV.

Rawk Hawk

Just picked this up last night, looking forward to getting back into it. Tonight I'll try and find a member online to submit an application to the FC.

iammeiam

So the only Coronal Summer Halter to ever sell on the Ultros MB went for 7.5 mill; somebody had one listed for 10 million.

I decided not to instigate an undercutting war and matched at 10. Checked later and the other person dropped their price... to 3 million.

RIP my dreams of housing. I hope theirs at least sells for that, and then I can decide to match or try to drag the price up a little, but I think a lot of people wiped out their free cash on houses.

Didn't take long to do the HQ i90 stuff. I was able to make everything but the terminus putty myself (though I was lazy and bought a couple things), and then with materia slotted (belatedly), I had them done in like 5 expert-level dungeon runs, while getting myth, gil and stuff for seals/desynth/crafting. (Also the dungeons were on Blinding light.)

But did you make any money off of that SB session? You got really lucky with the Savage Might IV, but the others were certainly money losers vs just selling the pieces on the MB. I'll attempt to make the ilvl 90 accessories soon, but I'll only SB if I fail to make them HQ, since they already go for at least 250k and some for 400k or more and you could easily end up with a Materia worth 10k or less. I just don't like that kind of risk for a comparatively small payout (600k-800k if you hit the Materia lotery).

But did you make any money off of that SB session? You got really lucky with the Savage Might IV, but the others were certainly money losers vs just selling the pieces on the MB. I'll attempt to make the ilvl 90 accessories soon, but I'll only SB if I fail to make them HQ, since they already go for at least 250k and some for 400k or more and you could easily end up with a Materia worth 10k or less. I just don't like that kind of risk for a comparatively small payout (600k-800k if you hit the Materia lotery).

In terms of what I actually paid, I broke even. (I rouletted the elemental materia with other trash materia and got something decent out of it.) But you're right that selling the gear makes more money, although it can take time for them to sell.

On the bright side, the goal for me wasn't to make money, but to use the time I was already spending on light grinding to have a shot at a 'free' Savage Might IV. So in the end, everything worked out OK! (Yeah, yeah, I know, opportunity cost etc. I just love to RNG.)

I have four Savage Might IV to go on my revised scroll now, so I think I've reached a stage where SBing them myself will only result in heartbreak and wasted time and gil. So I'll probably just make gil and buy them off the MB when Fold is done buying them all and the market calms down a little.

Jayhawk

I have four Savage Might IV to go on my revised scroll now, so I think I've reached a stage where SBing them myself will only result in heartbreak and wasted time and gil. So I'll probably just make gil and buy them off the MB when Fold is done buying them all and the market calms down a little.

The inflated materia prices are going to last until all the CL members moving are finished laundering their gil to their new server.

studyguy

Do any of you actually keep a pet out if it doesn't interact with your character?
I don't. Most of the people I interact with don't either. I've summoned the wind up NPC characters like once to see them then in the trash they go.

iammeiam

Does anyone know why CL is moving? transferring an entire FC seems pretty expensive, and Ultros doesn't really have any glaring flaws I can think of they'd need to escape.

Sorian

Banned
Does anyone know why CL is moving? transferring an entire FC seems pretty expensive, and Ultros doesn't really have any glaring flaws I can think of they'd need to escape.

Makes that server first easier if there's no competition.

I have no idea, seems stupid to me.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
More Fractures!

Fracture for everyone!

fracture-dragoon-cros2puu1.png
The Light, and the Way!
fracture-dragoon-cros2puu1.png

The start of the Halloween event means absolutely nothing as for the timing of the patch. If the items were added in 2.38 then that means all they have to do is flip a switch to activate the event when it's meant to go live, it's been the same with every single other event they've had.

As I said before, we are not seeing this patch till November, too much rides on it to help them lessen the blow that WoD will cause with everyone going back to it. Wondering how so many people seem to think that we were somehow getting it in the middle of the month before fanfest, when no live letter had ever been announced before then. They are adding a new class in this patch, those things take time to balance and if that means "delaying"(saving a new class for a "special" occasion) the patch to make sure it's not broken beyond belief off the bat, then that's what they're going to do.

Welp I think I am going to try running Brayflox for the first time tonight. Any tips for a first run? I think I will do just fine, but I am still a bit nervous. Titan on the other hand is really scaring me, lol.

chrono01

I seriously cannot wait for 2.4 and the unlock of Second Coil [since RNG generally hates our group] as well the introduction of Final Coil. Because of the downtime in-between patches, I actually geared up my Miner. MY MINER! It cost me basically all the Gil I had [that Materia!], although I'm hoping I'll be able to make it back shortly [or over time].

Look what you've done, Yoshida. :/

Jayhawk

Unlocking second coil will also mean people are more open to trying unusual group compositions for the turns!

I seriously cannot wait for 2.4 and the unlock of Second Coil [since RNG generally hates our group] as well the introduction of Final Coil. Because of the downtime in-between patches, I actually geared up my Miner. MY MINER! It cost me basically all the Gil I had [that Materia!], although I'm hoping I'll be able to make it back shortly [or over time].

Look what you've done, Yoshida. :/

Please don't tell me you bought your materia during CL's gil laundering phase. I've been pointing a few CL members towards certain items on the market board to diversify their portfolios. Can't put all their eggs in one basket.

chrono01

EDIT: Double post. ;_;
I can't say for sure. Was it last night? That was when I did the bulk of my purchases and I can't say if there was a difference in the price of Materia or not [since I never really checked prior].

Yes, I was determined to Meld my gear, I wasted enough time with that procrastination!

Unlocking second coil will also mean people are more open to trying unusual group compositions for the turns!

Please don't tell me you bought your materia during CL's gil laundering phase. I've been pointing a few CL members towards certain items on the market board to diversify their portfolios. Can't put all their eggs in one basket.

you get any money from it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom