• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
SMN stat question time!

Now that I have access to Second Coil, what are the accuracy caps there. I've been seeing mixed information on the internet, so not entirely sure. Some places say 460-ish for Turns 6 and 7 while others have it at a little over 470.

Also, what secondary stats should I be going after? I'm guessing Crit is the big one, but after that should I be focusing on DET or SS? I'm guessing the former would help with dots while the later could benefit ruin spam? =\

Sorian

Banned
SMN stat question time!

Now that I have access to Second Coil, what are the accuracy caps there. I've been seeing mixed information on the internet, so not entirely sure. Some places say 460-ish for Turns 6 and 7 while others have it at a little over 470.

Also, what secondary stats should I be going after? I'm guessing Crit is the big one, but after that should I be focusing on DET or SS? I'm guessing the former would help with dots while the later could benefit ruin spam? =

You're going to see mixed info because there is a caster acc cap that you need to meet to hit things and then a slightly higher acc cap so Garuda can hit. The "trick" is that Garuda doesn't get the benefit of any food you eat, so your gear has to get to the Garuda cap on its own for your full DPS. I don't know Garuda numbers offhand but the caster numbers are 451 for T6 and 7 and 471 for 8 and 9.

Sorian

Banned
VR1Q0xt.jpg

Oh dear

Pssh, weak.

Disclaimer: I'm probably double posting, I'm on mobile and don't care.

SMN stat question time!

Also, what secondary stats should I be going after? I'm guessing Crit is the big one, but after that should I be focusing on DET or SS? I'm guessing the former would help with dots while the later could benefit ruin spam? =\

DET because it increases your overall damage.

BadRNG

So uh. Yeah.
I'm 75% done with my Nexus. This is painful.

Why you people doing this to yourselves. Scything has it right
for once
, go play a different game or do something actually fun.

With every new addition to the relic line I find myself caring less and less about it. At the rate they are going I don't see myself ever bothering with it unless they super nerf it in expansion time so new people can play catch up. I'm not even sure who the content is for anymore, most of the people who seem to be doing it these days are players who don't even need it.

Thread seems dead.
Blue Chocobo > Green Chocobo > Black Chocobo > White > Purple=Pink >>>>>>>>>>>> Yellow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...
>>>> Red

Come at me
Now this is just silly.

Drac

Unless you plan on going there for the 250 tickets they have at the door(and the line already waiting to get them) then most likely ya.

hum there'll be tickets at the door ?... I'll already be in London anyway, to try or not to try my luck, that is the question...
Why am I so easy going with this type of stuff, I should have got it when I bought my train ticket >_> Not like I don't already have tone of people to see but the Fan Festival would have been a nice bonus.

hum there'll be tickets at the door ?... I'll already be in London anyway, to try or not to try my luck, that is the question...
Why am I so easy going with this type of stuff, I should have got it when I bought my train ticket >_> Not like I don't already have tone of people to see but the Fan Festival would have been a nice bonus.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...-being-sold-at-the-door?p=2464738#post2464738

This was for the US fanfest but I would assume/hope it would be the same for the rest.

Kenai

True story: During my insane fishing spree yesterday I spent four or five weather windows out in S Than fishing for Olgois. I had max melds, the best food (Bara Brand Best Brand!), best gear, and the FC gathering buff. It is not possible to have more gathering than I had at this time. My CUL desynth is 93.2.

I caught one fucking olgoi that whole time (five or six got away.) I then botched the desynth. Fuck farming Olgois for cotton, srsly. I'd much prefer The Lone Ripper (no mooch!), but it only galed once.

True story of my own: I desynthed 4 NQ and 2 HQ Olgois, 3 Sweetnewts and 1 Lone Ripper the day before yesterday. Half of them busted outright and I still got 2 cotton out of it. 86 Culinarian desyth.

On the other hand, I broke over a dozen Primal weapons with at LEAST a 50% chance of success on each one before I finally successfully desynthed my first one (Ifrit Book at a 79% chance).

RNJesus truly is a fickle god.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm on Animus Book 8. May as well keep going. I'll just do the rest super casual. Grab an Alex per day, try a materia. Move on. Nexus? I'll just play the game normally and eventually it'll get the light or whatever.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Made 16 of the weaver Artisan specs synth items. Out of them, I only get 2 HQ ones, and that's with 10 of them being over 50% and 5 of them being over 80%.

Fuck you, Square

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I'm on Animus Book 8. May as well keep going. I'll just do the rest super casual. Grab an Alex per day, try a materia. Move on. Nexus? I'll just play the game normally and eventually it'll get the light or whatever.

Decided to slowly work on mine for a bit despite not liking the relic weapon grind. On Animus Book 2 atm, and it hasn't been too obnoxious yet. Got lucky on the first one and was able to get Giant Seps and Enmity of My Enemy pretty quick. Had to wait a while for Heroes of the 2nd on book 2. Just trying to get the fates out of the way first, then worry about everything else after.

Teknoman

Well i'm more confident in fighting Twintania now got the rotation and now its just about actually winning, so thanks everyone that helped out tonight.

Carlius

Banned
god, titan extreme is kicking my ass. whats the secret to this douchebag, even if you know the fight! i get to last part but we just get fatigued or something and we cant finish it.

IvorB

god, titan extreme is kicking my ass. whats the secret to this douchebag, even if you know the fight! i get to last part but we just get fatigued or something and we cant finish it.

Yeah. It's pretty f**ken tough. The worst is falling to the landslides. I feel like such a loser. :-(

Caelestis

Just curious, does anyone else on Fios keep having lag at night? I switched to their service a few days ago and come 6 pm the game becomes unbearable, while before it I never had lag once. ><

dwix

Would anyone be able to send me an invite to a Hunt LS? Haven't really been doing them but I'd like to accelerate the acquiring of myth gear.

Demoskinos

Really the trick is just to keep at it. I know that sounds like obvious advice but it really is the best advice. Primal fights are all about your party getting in a rhythm with each other. Once you do that you should be able to fell the big stinky bastard.

I'd recommend voice chat of some kind with your party if you aren't already using it.

aceface

what are the peak hours for this game? so i can HOPEFULLY find titan extreme on party finder and not stupid duty finder.

What's your server? On Ultros it picks up during the evening hours in North America on the east coast.

I've gotten to the point where I love doing Titan ex. It's like my favorite battle in the game. It's really hard finding people to do it though.

I just hit the Titan Arc in the Main Quest. So far the story had been decent, but it's kind of taking a dive now.

"The dangerous primal Titan has returned? So what. Go gather these ingredients for this rich dude's meal."

I know the previous arcs had you doing relatively trivial quests too, but I feel like they were integrated better.

scy

10% more to go...

Garuda is sorry.

I just hit the Titan Arc in the Main Quest. So far the story had been decent, but it's kind of taking a dive now.

"The dangerous primal Titan has returned? So what. Go gather these ingredients for this rich dude's meal."

I know the previous arcs had you doing relatively trivial quests too, but I feel like they were integrated better.

It is a pretty dumb questline. But the things you do for cheese.

Taruranto

It gets worse and worse.

Sorian

Banned
It gets worse and worse.

Is Titan the primal that had you going around talking to the "heroes" that put him down last time he was summoned? That was the only part of the story that was glaringly bad when it came to hiding the fetch quest nature of MMOs. I actually didn't think Garuda and post Garuda area of the story were that bad (also bonus points for still having the best cutscene in the game so far).

Taruranto

I found Garuda equally bad and also has an equally infamous fetch quest (the wind/earth crystal one)

Also the game keeps giving you fetch quests even at level 50 post-story content. Stop sitting in Mor Dhona and come getting your fucking uniforms, you morons.

Orcastar

Got my second relic weapon today, woo!

Completed all three hard mode primal fights on my first try even though I had no idea what I was doing. The healers I got paired up with were so good that I felt kinda redundant... Guess I've still got a lot to learn.

Personally, I feel the story picks up after Titan.

I did like Y'shtola lampshading the fetch questy nature of the events leading to Titan, though.

IvorB

What's your server? On Ultros it picks up during the evening hours in North America on the east coast.

I've gotten to the point where I love doing Titan ex. It's like my favorite battle in the game. It's really hard finding people to do it though.

Any time you wanna run it I'm down. I've got to beat him at some point.

Teknoman

I'd help with EX anytime. You would think people would be a little less apprehensive since the death penalty in XIV is really forgiving.

Back in my day, we would lose lvls and have to walk 200 yalms in the snow to retry fights.

Seriously though, its all about staying focused and enduring through the fight rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom