• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

Brayflox is really a challenge for tanks and by association healers. As DPS you should be ok, just move out of poison.

Same for Titan really, just avoid stuff, break people out of jails, and remember to DPS the heart when it comes up. Titan story is not all that challenging, it's story Garuda where it ramps up a bit.

scy

this money laundering talk

Who knew GAF was filled with such crime.

Welp I think I am going to try running Brayflox for the first time tonight. Any tips for a first run? I think I will do just fine, but I am still a bit nervous. Titan on the other hand is really scaring me, lol.

Brayflox as a DPS is pretty much just don't pull aggro. Not much special mechanics wise to worry about short of the third boss and breaking bubbles by shooting them until they die. The final boss hassle is pretty much entirely on the tank moving him around / not getting hit in the face with breaths.

Who the fuck is CL and what's going down on your servers?

their earlier split and move are now part of the mythos on the ultros server. The adventures of Le Roy, Fold, and Kyoko are whispers in the wind and just rumors now. No one knows for sure what really happened. Some claim to have been there when calamity struck, but only old wives tales at this point. There are even people that say that CL wasn't even an FC but bahamut reincarnated in Eorzea, bent on destruction of it's people and the causation of despair and ruin. The truth will never be known

studyguy

Oh Collision, honestly idgaf about any of the endgame salt that happens. Only association I have is playing with a BG dude who I knew long before he entered it and started running with their lead group. /shrug

Jayhawk

Ultros is known as a backwater server for raid content. NOT GOOD ENOUGH PLAYER POOL FOR WORLD FIRSTS. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, GALEN?

iammeiam

Unlocking second coil will also mean people are more open to trying unusual group compositions for the turns!

Please don't tell me you bought your materia during CL's gil laundering phase. I've been pointing a few CL members towards certain items on the market board to diversify their portfolios. Can't put all their eggs in one basket.

Tell them to invest heavily in frilled shark swimwear. Abuse your influence!

BadRNG

but is ultros salty that they left and do they even want them back?
The dramatic Twitch stream they did where they announced where they were moving severs to really pissed some people off, I even saw people burning CL kill videos, but in a few years after we fail to even have anyone make it into the coils we will want them back.

is this still a final fantasy thread

dramatis

How is this stuff affecting the market though?
When you change servers, you can only carry a limited amount of gil. If you have a fortune above that amount of gil, then obviously you want to turn that gil into assets you can take to other servers—materia, minions, rare tradeable items, things you can stack on your retainer.

Because of the CL move, the members moving with them are buying up expensive items on the market and driving the prices even higher. Hence, 'laundering'.

WolvenOne

Ultros does seem to lean towards more casual players for the most part, but there isn't anything wrong with that. Still plenty of really talented people here, and the bulk of the population seems to at least not be wound tight.

Aaaaaanyhow. If we're indeed not seeing 2.4 until late October or Early November, then Not a Euphemism may be able to get Second Coil down before then, or at least clear it before they Echo it unto oblivion.

It'll probably depend on how much time and effort the rest of the group wants to put into it, and I don't really know the answer to that yet.

2.4 is out so late, ahhh.

It's likely going to come October 30th/November 1. They won't do it right after Fan Fest due to key members of the team traveling back to Japan that week, so the week after is the earliest it can happen.

As for server firsts and all that stuff ... there are extremely talented players out there that have no interest in that. Server firsts require you to have the ability to take off time from your life for like a week or more to play an excessive amount of the game (and that's coming from somebody who thinks they play excessively). Not everyone can just do that. I would probably be fired if I tried to take a week off to just play FF XIV. So as long as I clear stuff without echo, I'm fine.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It's likely going to come October 30th/November 1. They won't do it right after Fan Fest due to key members of the team traveling back to Japan that week, so the week after is the earliest it can happen.

:E

Well, at least they will be showing new gears at fan fest.

hey korra you got the PC yet?

It shipped today. Should arrive next week.

WHERE WAS THE NEW GEAR AT TGS? ;_;

And people, there is a big difference between world-first and server-first. Nobody cares about server-first.

Yes, there's a difference. The truth is I just don't care about either. I didn't post this originally in my last post, but I view the fist kill of MMO raid content to be on a much lower level of impressive than something like a speedrun, a skill run (ie, achieving all S ranks in Rising's Revengeance mode on a fresh file), or most anything I see in competitive gaming (FGC, eSports).

myraoriales26_09_2014pkjbv.jpg

{I don't feel well.}

Tabris

I think it's opposite? Isn't Gilgamesh one of the main NA servers? Maybe going there to increase their competition?

How far was every other FC in terms of savage coil? Only FC I heard taking on savage coil was CL and they beat T9 Savage like a couple weeks ago.

Jayhawk

nobody outside this game cares about world first so it's all the same to me

While some people care enough to spend whatever it costs now to create 8 characters and then transfer those 8 characters to another server to maximize the amount of gil that can be transferred.

Moaradin

Jesus, I thought Korra was done. How many seasons are they going to shoot out? (I should actually watch it eventually).

This is the last season. Probably won't see any more shows in the Avatar universe for a long time if ever with the way Nickelodeon treats it.

Brayflox is really a challenge for tanks and by association healers. As DPS you should be ok, just move out of poison.

Same for Titan really, just avoid stuff, break people out of jails, and remember to DPS the heart when it comes up. Titan story is not all that challenging, it's story Garuda where it ramps up a bit.

Brayflox as a DPS is pretty much just don't pull aggro. Not much special mechanics wise to worry about short of the third boss and breaking bubbles by shooting them until they die. The final boss hassle is pretty much entirely on the tank moving him around / not getting hit in the face with breaths.

Thanks to the both of you! I will give it a shot tonight.

studyguy

Thread seems dead.
Blue Chocobo > Green Chocobo > Black Chocobo > White > Purple=Pink >>>>>>>>>>>> Yellow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...

>>>> Red

Come at me

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So out of 30% of the fish being storm riders around 15-20% are HQ from which you have a 15% change to get a catch you want that has a positive chance of getting away after which it's about 60% chance that you can desynthesize it properly into an item that has a 15% drop rate and I need 3 of those items to make virtual swimsuits.

I think what I'm trying to say here is that my life went terribly wrong at some point.

WolvenOne

Unless you enjoy grinds, there's no need to go crazy on the Nexus right now. The Soldiery 110 weapons alone are sufficient for any encounter in the game at the moment...

.... With the possible exception of Savage Coil.

Anyhow, it's more important to make steady progress, and to stay sane. Help with Alexandrite maps, so some PVP, run the occasional ST when the bonus is up, stuff like that.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Unless you enjoy grinds, there's no need to go crazy on the Nexus right now. The Soldiery 110 weapons alone are sufficient for any encounter in the game at the moment...

.... With the possible exception of Savage Coil.

Anyhow, it's more important to make steady progress, and to stay sane. Help with Alexandrite maps, so some PVP, run the occasional ST when the bonus is up, stuff like that.

You can do everything in the game with an i90 weapon, including Turn 9, if you want the real truth.

iammeiam

So out of 30% of the fish being storm riders around 15-20% are HQ from which you have a 15% change to get a catch you want that has a positive chance of getting away after which it's about 60% chance that you can desynthesize it properly into an item that has a 15% drop rate and I need 3 of those items to make virtual swimsuits.

I think what I'm trying to say here is that my life went terribly wrong at some point.

True story: During my insane fishing spree yesterday I spent four or five weather windows out in S Than fishing for Olgois. I had max melds, the best food (Bara Brand Best Brand!), best gear, and the FC gathering buff. It is not possible to have more gathering than I had at this time. My CUL desynth is 93.2.

I caught one fucking olgoi that whole time (five or six got away.) I then botched the desynth. Fuck farming Olgois for cotton, srsly. I'd much prefer The Lone Ripper (no mooch!), but it only galed once.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
True story: During my insane fishing spree yesterday I spent four or five weather windows out in S Than fishing for Olgois. I had max melds, the best food (Bara Brand Best Brand!), best gear, and the FC gathering buff. It is not possible to have more gathering than I had at this time. My CUL desynth is 93.2.

I caught one fucking olgoi that whole time (five or six got away.) I then botched the desynth. Fuck farming Olgois for cotton, srsly. I'd much prefer The Lone Ripper (no mooch!), but it only galed once.

What about sweetnewts?

Jayhawk

Keep fishing up those swimsuits for me to blow-up and get 0.01 weaver skill ups!

iammeiam

What about sweetnewts?

Sweetnewt I haven't bothered with much because I don't like the apparent catch conditions. Weather-specific from 11PM-3AM sucks, because there's a potential weather change at midnight. I also don't have a teleport to Lavender Beds, so it's kind of annoying to get to for (if you're lucky) 4 in-game hours of fishing.

Olgoi and and Ripper are fairly easy to get to and can be caught any time the weather is right, and you're guaranteed an eight hour window of eligibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom