• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
ibtSKLpqesTQb4.png

d91.gif

orion434

Devised a nice new set of Crafting gear to Spiritbond. 7 ilv 46 gear + 2 ilv 45 + 2 ilv 37 rings. Had to go with Raptorskin Choker for Neckless to keep it under ilv 46. At Urth's Fount I can bond 5x sets of rings in the time it takes to bond 2x sets of ilv 46 gear. In about 40 mins I can get 18 Type III / IV + 10 Type II Materia :)

It's like 1.3 on Excalibur and isn't going at all anymore.
Oh, well that makes things easy :p

Congrats! Been trying to do maps for the off change that I could maybe get one of those maps with the rare drops and MAYBE get a nutkin drop ... but my wifi or server connection sucks too much to play for some reason :/

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Wow, didn't realize Spoken Blood sold for so much. Had a bunch from spirit bonding the other day, and made a nice profit off of them.

Some people on Ultros baffle me when it comes to raiding. They'll say how they want to do progression content, then when I suggest we start putting together a group to do it, everyone falls silent. >_< Starting to wonder if a server transfer would make sense for tackling that content.

iammeiam

Some people on Ultros baffle me when it comes to raiding. They'll say how they want to do progression content, then when I suggest we start putting together a group to do it, everyone falls silent. >_< Starting to wonder if a server transfer would make sense for tackling that content.

Huh? PF on Ultros is pretty active for SCOB, and PF groups can and do clear so I'm not sure what server transferring would do unless you had a set group waiting for you elsewhere.

Fuck.

I downloaded the new software token to my new iphone 6 plus and it worked fine, but when I hooked the phone up to my PC it installed the last backup I had, returning the old token. Now I can't login and customer service is closed to Monday. Anyone have any suggestions?

Ken

Fuck.

I downloaded the new software token to my new iphone 6 plus and it worked fine, but when I hooked the phone up to my PC it installed the last backup I had, returning the old token. Now I can't login and customer service is closed to Monday. Anyone have any suggestions?

emergency removal password?

studyguy

Fuck.

tumblr_inline_mjoxd7mxra1qz4rgp.jpg

emergency removal password?

It's invalid. I did not get the new one because I had JUST setup my new software token and THEN plugged in my new phone to the PC and it invalidated that token. So I wasn't logged in to my Square Enix Account and can't even do that. They really need weekend support -_-

Ken

It's invalid. I did not get the new one because I had JUST setup my new software token and THEN plugged in my new phone to the PC and it invalidated that token. So I wasn't logged in to my Square Enix Account and can't even do that. They really need weekend support -_-

gg

Noi

The feeling of getting minion drops legit is great. I did Borskin maps for a month before I got my Tonberry drop, then I just proceeded to show him off non-stop even if buying him outright wasn't that expensive. Even the Tiny Bulb from Toadskins made me tingly.

I outright bought my Bluebird tho, those drop rates are way too much and I'm too lazy to party up with people to do Peisteskin (and risk a rando backstabbing me when it drops).

The feel of two million gil on your shoulder.

Tabris

Wow, didn't realize Spoken Blood sold for so much. Had a bunch from spirit bonding the other day, and made a nice profit off of them.

The key is when you play. Ultros PFer for progression and clear activities is most active Tue - Thu 6pm EST to 12pm EST.

Cmagus

i've been trying to get the tonberry or that thing from toad maps legit for many many months, no luck. that's all that keeps so subbing! oh well, not really, but i'd like to believe....

bluebird is nice too.

The Tonberry minion drops from the boarskin maps not the toad maps. I remember reading that it came from the toadskin maps but that is incorrect, I've gotten multiple ones from boarskin.

Not sure if you know about this site but it explains how to get all the minions and mounts.

XIV Minions

Sorian

Banned
Nevermind, they don't reply on weekends. Back to crying.

Whip out a vita and marathon dangan ronpa 1 and 2

/commercial

The Tonberry minion drops from the boarskin maps not the toad maps. I remember reading that it came from the toadskin maps but that is incorrect, I've gotten multiple ones from boarskin.

Not sure if you know about this site but it explains how to get all the minions and mounts.

XIV Minions

I've done a gross number of boar skin maps and have never seen a tonberry.

XIV Minions

yes, i knew about that. i usually focus boar, but if it takes too long or i'm just impatient, i'll grab a toad.

I just hit the Titan Arc in the Main Quest. So far the story had been decent, but it's kind of taking a dive now.

"The dangerous primal Titan has returned? So what. Go gather these ingredients for this rich dude's meal."

I know the previous arcs had you doing relatively trivial quests too, but I feel like they were integrated better.
We must be right together in terms of progress, I sloughed through that line to beat Titan last night. It just kept going, and going, and going, and the lack of urgency and mundane nature of the tasks was frustrating and waaaayyy too drawn out.

I don't care about how it did finally play out, it felt like padding for the 2-3 hours I was forced to do it, and the justification was still really dumb IMHO.
Glad to hear things pick up after this though! (and at least Costa del Sol is easy on the eyes)

Tabris

I dunno why someone who has T9 on farm, and has their HA weapon, would be so motivated to get Nexus done when there will be a month until anything else happens in this game. It's going to be a slow month.

Sorian

Banned
I dunno why someone who has T9 on farm, and has their HA weapon, would be so motivated to get Nexus done when there will be a month until anything else happens in this game. It's going to be a slow month.

Better in slot for the new content going forward, completionist mentality, one of the few new things to work on. I'm sure I could keep thinking of reasons.

Tabris

Better in slot for the new content going forward, completionist mentality, one of the few new things to work on. I'm sure I could keep thinking of reasons.

Yeah, but I mean you have a month to do it. There's nothing that getting that Nexus will benefit her before the month is over. It makes sense for us though due to us trying to still beat T9 / no HA weapons.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, but I mean you have a month to do it. There's nothing that getting that Nexus will benefit her before the month is over. It makes sense for us though due to us trying to still beat T9 / no HA weapons.

Kind of a moot point, we could all put on our ilvl 95 allagan weapons and AF2 armor and go complete T9. If the weapon is better than the HA one in secondary stats then she may be slightly cutting the time on their weekly clears. That's all any gear above ilvl 90 has been doing for groups since 2.2.

Kind of a moot point, we could all put on our ilvl 95 allagan weapons and AF2 armor and go complete T9. If the weapon is better than the HA one in secondary stats then she may be slightly cutting the time on their weekly clears. That's all any gear above ilvl 90 has been doing for groups since 2.2.

Wish I could go ahead in time to when the expac launches and these things actually exist.

? Isn't that what people call the ilvl 90 gear you buy with myth?

That's what people call it when they don't care to see that af2 armor was "leaked" a year ago when the game launched, yet it has yet to be implemented. The only "official" af2 is not even in the game yet, everything else has various different names that have no official name other than the gerolt masterwork gear.

That's what people call it when they don't care to see that af2 armor was "leaked" a year ago when the game launched, yet it has yet to be implemented. The only "official" af2 is not even in the game yet, everything else has various different names that have no official name other than the gerolt masterwork gear.

We still don't care.

Nor should you.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Well right now a bunch of people on the server are grouping together to farm content. It might not be like that a few weeks from now.

Sorian

Banned
If we're going by past FF terms, wouldnt that be Relic Armor?

I guess the technical term would actually be AF+1 but everyone called it AF2 during the time that the armor was in fashion so it stuck with me. Honestly, I think trying to be technical with a term for something that doesn't even exist yet is kind of over the top but that might just be me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom