• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

Stuff like this is why we can't have nice things.

It would be more fun if people learned the dungeons themselves instead of always relying on other peoples strategies.

It was fun-ish hitting the new dungeons blind this morning (it's a little weird to know you're out-gearing certain mechanics from the start; there are a couple of spots where I want to try out theories of how things were supposed to go), and I'm not reading anything about CT2 until after tonight's Full GAF Adventure. There's such a narrow window of opportunity for doing this, I intend to enjoy it.

ReaperXL7

Just want to say that Frontlines is awesome. A win nets you 50 myth, 25 soldiery, 300 PVP EXP, and 450 wolf marks. It's also a ton of fun!

Zalasta

I guess I could use the BRD hands and legs, but I'm going to use CT2 to gear up my other jobs, no reason to go as my main when we're already doing Second Coil.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Sorry for ruining everything in CT2 by explaining things.
These fights are pretty complex and I don't feel like wiping to simon says.
People still wipe anyway.

chris-013

CT2 down ! Second boss was really fun. ;P

Sorry for ruining everything in CT2 by explaining things.
These fights are pretty complex and I don't feel like wiping to simon says.
People still wipe anyway.

I don't really see anything complex only for the first boss maybe but the others are very easy.

Jayhawk

I guess I could use the BRD hands and legs, but I'm going to use CT2 to gear up my other jobs, no reason to go as my main when we're already doing Second Coil.

My thought process of aiming for the CT2 DRG body, when DRG is now my main in coil is that the High Allagan DRG body drops from T9. The CT2 body piece is better than the i100 Soldiery body, and it will be a while before I get a Sands of Time to upgrade the body piece.

orion434

I got to de-synth level 72.84 on Leatherworker, now the only de-synths that give more than 0.05 is ilv 55 Gear.

From what I've been testing, it doesn't look like HQ items yield any more or better de-synth items.

Sophia

Frontlines sounds amazing. Too bad I'm still waiting for 72 players to hit accept.

Also Tam Tara hard mode is extremely morbid, for lack of a better spoiler free term.

ReaperXL7

Frontlines sounds amazing. Too bad I'm still waiting for 72 players to hit accept.

Also Tam Tara hard mode is extremely morbid, for lack of a better spoiler free term.

I have been having the same issue all morning but I got into 3 matches. It's frantic, and can be crazy when people refuse to work together, but I just keep quing for it because it's a lot of fun.

450 wolf marks will earn me my PvP armor in no time

Sophia

I have been having the same issue all morning but I got into 3 matches. It's frantic, and can be crazy when people refuse to work together, but I just keep quing for it because it's a lot of fun.

450 wolf marks will earn me my PvP armor in no time

Yeah I'm in it now. After seeing Frontlines, I don't even know why they bothered with Wolves Den at all. This is way more fun and better fits the game mechanics.

Also this is what happens when you make a comeback and win:

ffxiv_07082014_1202453bsa8.jpg

ReaperXL7

Yeah I'm in it now. After seeing Frontlines, I don't even know why they bothered with Wolves Den at all. This is way more fun and better fits the game mechanics.

Also this is what happens when you make a comeback and win:

100 wins for warhorse and a better way to farm marks. The myth and Soldier are nice bonuses also which you get the same win or lose

Item Box

Why?

Anyone knows CT2 gear stats for tanks?

Edit: found the body, not good:
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/a297801e077/

Only one tank per alliance, so only 3 tanks max per run. Good news for dps, at least

Stuff like this is why we can't have nice things.

It would be more fun if people learned the dungeons themselves instead of always relying on other peoples strategies.

Yep, but unless you're playing with people you know, there's always gonna be that one guy who dictates the battle, no matter how early you log in to play. Hell, I'm only playing right now so I can try them out with other people blind since people will start doing serious runs by the end of the week and expect you to know everything.

And I suppose people are quick to look for strats as they don't want stuff like this happening:

WolvenOne

Assuming you don't super rush through cut scenes, about how long does it take to get to the Rahmuh fight? Can't really do Trial Roulette until I've cleared the HM version.

Sophia

They really need to change the queue system so that once you hit accept, you're committed. No more hitting accept again, but no more cancelling out either.

That would solve all the queue issues if people didn't have to constantly keep hitting accept.

IvorB

What I quoted from the patchnotes before:

If you timed it correctly you could cast a Flare right as the mana tick from Umbral Ice filled up your MP bar. Then you could cast another Flare straight away.

They have tried to "fix" that in 2.1. now they did it apparently.

Ah okay. I did see a guy doing this in WP once, chaining Flares like a joke. I thought they might have cancelled FLARE -> CONVERT -> SWIFTCAST -> FLARE which would have made me pretty furious. This is just fixing a bug so that's okay.

Sophia

Frontlines is out? Are we going to invade it and claim it as our own? Does it work like that?

It's closer to Battlegrounds in World of Warcraft than true open world PvP. Everyone has to be on the same grand company too. That said, it's insanely fun when you can actually get in.

IvorB

It's closer to Battlegrounds in World of Warcraft than true open world PvP. Everyone has to be on the same grand company too. That said, it's insanely fun when you can actually get in.

Cool. I'm gonna level up my archer for that since I really don't fancy going in as a squishy mage.

MechaX

I'm still stuck at work, but at the very least I managed to sneak in Tam-Tara HM before work this morning.

That... was a pretty dark dungeon, even for video game standards.

We should start a "Stuck at Work Club". Worst club ever.

Yes, also a member. I know that by the time I get home everyone will expect me to know every fight. I wanna go in blind and figure it out as I go. But as the only tank in CT2, that may not be in the cards.

When is the GAF run supposed to happen? I might try to join that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom