• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKJest

You get 20 seals for an elite mark, 2 seals for a regular mark.

Prices: 200 seals for an Alexandrite, 500 for an Oil, 750 for a Sand.

Ken

You get 20 seals for an elite mark, 2 seals for a regular mark.

Prices: 200 seals for an Alexandrite, 500 for an Oil, 750 for a Sand.

Doesn't seem so bad especially if elite marks sound like they're essentially fate boss zergs. Could see players getting a sand a week from this without much fuss.

IMBored

Doesn't seem so bad especially if elite marks sound like they're essentially fate boss zergs. Could see players getting a sand a week from this without much fuss.

Don't you only get one elite mark a week, and a normal daily? The rest give less seals afaik.

Ken

Don't you only get one elite mark a week, and a normal daily? The rest give less seals afaik.

From what I understand you can just kill elite marks without a hunt for them since they just exist in the open world, and be rewarded with 20 seals. The weekly elite hunt just gives a bonus seals on top of the normal payout (think roulettes) plus a specific target.

Could be wrong though.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
From what I understand you can just kill elite marks without a hunt for them since they just exist in the open world, and be rewarded with 20 seals. The weekly elite hunt just gives a bonus seals on top of the normal payout (think roulettes) plus a specific target.

Could be wrong though.

That's correct.
Elite marks have a large HP pool, so you wanna get lots of people on it, like a full party, and they drop 20 allied seals, 80 myth and 20 soldiery to everyone.

Noi

Man, my eyes lit up as soon as
Jessie
popped up for the Magiteknical Difficulties quest. It's about time an FF acknowledges the most important member of the trio!

That's correct.
Elite marks have a large HP pool, so you wanna get lots of people on it, like a full party, and they drop 20 allied seals, 80 myth and 20 soldiery to everyone.

Wow that's pretty amazing. Just logged on gonna unlock the new dungeons then tackle the main quest

Cmagus

Is anyone having problems actually getting the game to start since the update? Every time I launch the game I get the splash screen then black. I've tried everything but I can't get the game to work since I installed the patch. I s there a way to uninstall the last patch?

IMBored

So how much are the dodore wings going for at the mb now? I almost discarded a bunch of them a while ago, but thankfully saved them after checking the prices.

Btw, remember guys, don't watch CT2, don't read CT2. We're going in blind, full gaf style.

Did a few elite hunts including Naul, which I didn't get to in time to make any real effort (ended getting one seal). Daily hunts aren't worth it (three sets of enemies, two enemies from FATEs). You'll only get 7 seals from completing all tasks in the bill (although the gil is nice)

Only other quest I did besides getting the ability to do hunts, was get access to Syrcus Tower. I'll try that out later with hopefully a GAF party. I'll try out Ramuh Hard later too

Zomba13

Downloading the patch now and shall be making my return. Gonna need to buckle down and work on getting my Curtana Animus at the least I think.

How are the new dungeons? I unlocked the quest but won't be doing them till later. I also see that unlike the last two sets of patch dungeon you have to complete the dungeon before finishing the quest

Frumix

Suffering From Success
New dungeons are all really well made and a blast to figure out.
Probably no speedrunning venues like Bray anymore, but man, are they great.
Tamtara is probably the most interesting dungeon in the game.

IMBored

New dungeons are all really well made and a blast to figure out.
Probably no speedrunning venues like Bray anymore, but man, are they great.
Tamtara is probably the most interesting dungeon in the game.

I'm so jelly. Listening to the mrhapy stream, no work being done.

BKJest

What do you mean?
What I quoted from the patchnotes before:
An issue wherein thaumaturges and black mages were able to cast multiple fire-based spells under the effect of Umbral Ice I or II.
If you timed it correctly you could cast a Flare right as the mana tick from Umbral Ice filled up your MP bar. Then you could cast another Flare straight away.

They have tried to "fix" that in 2.1. now they did it apparently.

Apoptomon

Man, my eyes lit up as soon as
Jessie
popped up for the Magiteknical Difficulties quest. It's about time an FF acknowledges the most important member of the trio!
I thought that too when I saw
her_
. In a similar vein,
Hildibrand preview contains Godbert, Greg, and everyone's favourite cephalopod

dcye

Just had a wind up onion knight drop for us in CT, and a friend just had an OIL OF TIME drop. What? Thought they weren't going to be in there. Awesome.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Jebus Christo @ the CT/Allag info dump. Such a weird contrast to how the game doles out lore info everywhere else. Looks like Yoshi and crew just said "fuck it" and dumped it in your lap.

Noi

Ahh, the arguments about whether Hunts are a waste of time or not have begun in Coerthas while looking for Naul.

Record time too.

Ken

So I take it Ramuh Hard is piss easy right. I see people battling the EX version already on streams

No different than Levi hm and em then.

They probably learned their lesson from Titan hm lol

---

Savage rafflesia being its first iteration of the fight is pretty obvious haha

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
New shirt is nice. :eek:

AqpgvUY.jpg

Kandinsky

Reading all this info patch is so overwhelming that I will just ignore it and worry about in a year or so, when I'm actually there lol.

Noi

Jesus. So I get DC'd at the worst possible moment (right when the 30 minutes for the Elite Mark are up, as its being counted so far) cause my power goes out, and I'm in a rush to log back in. Thankfully Naul is still MIA as I get back, so I go forward a bit, turn to my right twice only a bit, and what do I see at the distance...

I was so nervous that I then proceeded to fuck up the <pos> three times in a row.

But man, this thing has like no health. I flashed him all the while the rest of my party made it to him, and their auto attacks were enough to get him to half health before someone else shouted his location. Bunch of people gathered just in time to watch his corpse lie on the snow.

meep!

Neo Member
Love the new patch, lots of new stuff to get into!
But oh man, the Borderlands queue system is so messed up. 72 people has to press accept, if one cancel you have to accept again.
Why can't they handle it like other games do battlegrounds. Start the game without having everyone needing to accept oO

creid

Did a few elite hunts including Naul, which I didn't get to in time to make any real effort (ended getting one seal). Daily hunts aren't worth it (three sets of enemies, two enemies from FATEs). You'll only get 7 seals from completing all tasks in the bill (although the gil is nice)
Ugh, this. While I was getting ready for work I idled waiting for the FATE that has my daily mark. ~40 minutes later, I get 2 lousy seals. Also "just missed" Naul about 3 times this morning D:

Kenai

Tam-Tara HM, the "victory" CS
and the final CS of the completion quest
was pretty messed up, not sure what to say about it besides that. First boss mechanics were pretty clever.

Got the i80 healer body piece too, i kinda like the look. Might try to make a glamour set out of it.

Jayhawk

The new gathering tools need 99 NQ of a new item. At 408 gathering, you get 81% chance and it is NQ-only. You can use the ability to increase yield per hit, but you also want to use GP to up that %. The Botanist item is Redolent Log at Central Shroud, Greentear, 6AM, slot 6. The Mining item is Antumbral Rock at Eastern Thanalan, 2AM, slot 7.

EDIT: Based on early reports for desynthesis, you need high level desynthesis skill to reliably desynthesize the primal weapons so I wouldn't try doing it right away. NQ/HQ and spiritbond % do not make a difference on desynthesis chances. People recommend working on lower-level items first and going from there. I might buy a bunch of equipment from NPCs later tonight and desynthesize those to bring my skills up.

EDIT2: I said Botanist item twice. :(

IMBored

The new gathering tools need 99 NQ of a new item. At 408 gathering, you get 81% chance and it is NQ-only. You can use the ability to increase yield per hit, but you also want to use GP to up that %. The Botanist item is Redolent Log at Central Shroud, Greentear, 6AM, slot 6. The Botanist item is Antumbral Rock at Eastern Thanalan, 2AM, slot 7.

Not that bad, better than 90HQ items. Even without playing the odds, that's 17 visits max.

Jayhawk

Ramuh item stats and CT2 chest contents information from BG forums:

Judgment Rings:

Fending: VIT+18, Acc.+12, Crit.+17
Slaying: STR+16, Crit.+17, Det.+9
Aiming: DEX+16, Crit.+17, Sk.Spd.+12
Casting: INT+16, Crit.+17, Det.+9
Healing: MND+16, Acc.+3, Crit.+12, Det.+12

Weapons:

Thunderstrike (GLA/PLD): STR+26, VIT+30, Parry+20, Ltng.Res.+14, Det.+21
Thunderhead (GLA/PLD): STR+11, VIT+12, Ltng.Res.+5, Det.+6, Sk.Spd.+12
Thundercrack (PGL/MNK): STR+37, VIT+42, Ltng.Res.+19, Det.+29, Sk.Spd.+28
Thunderstorm (MRD/WAR): STR+37, VIT+42, Parry+40, Ltng.Res.+19, Det.+20
Thunderbolt (LNC/DRG): STR+37, VIT+42, Acc.+40, Ltng.Res.+19, Sk.Spd.+28
Thunderdart (ARC/BRD): DEX+27, VIT+42, Crit.+40, Ltng.Res.+19, Det.+20
Adjudicator's Gavel (CNJ/WHM): VIT+38, MND+37, Acc.+8, Ltng.Res.+19, Det.+20, Sp.Spd.+40
Adjudicator's Staff (THM/BLM): VIT+38, INT+37, Acc.+28, Ltng.Res.+19, Det.+29
Ona Ramuhda (ACN/SMN): VIT+38, INT+37, Acc.+40, Ltng.Res.+19, Sp.Spd.+28
The Law of Levin (SCH): VIT+38, MND+37, Acc.+8, Crit.+40, Ltng.Res.+19, Sp.Spd.+28

Boss 1: Scylla
Coffer: Tank Hands, Tank Belt, Healing Hands, Healing Belt, MNK Hands, MNK Belt, DRG Feet, BRD Feet, Casting Feet

Boss 2: Glasya Labolas
Coffer: DRG Hands, DRG Belt, BRD Hands, BRD Belt, BLM Hands, BLM Belt, Tank Feet, MNK Feet, Healing Feet

Boss 3: Amon
Coffer: DRG Head, DRG Legs, MNK Head, MNK Legs, Casting Head, Casting Legs, Tank Body, BRD Body, Healing Body

Boss 4: Xande
Coffer 1: Tank Head, Tank Legs, BRD Head, BRD Legs, Healing Head, Healing Legs, DRG Body, MNK Body, Casting Body, Oil of Time, UAT
Coffer 2: Throne Gem, Wind-up Onion Knight

I downloaded the patch this morning but I'm stuck at work for the time being. I'm not going to be able to really play until about 7 hours from now but I should be able to hop on during lunch, setup the Chocobo stables and do a few other things.

iammeiam

Rowena needs to break into the materia market; I accidentally capped myth running the new dungeons and getting marks this morning.

Tam-Tara HM, the "victory" CS
and the final CS of the completion quest
was pretty messed up, not sure what to say about it besides that. First boss mechanics were pretty clever.

First boss framing innocent bards with AOE!

WolvenOne

Okay, mostly satisfied with the new gearing options. I'm a little annoyed with the Rahmuh spear.

"Accuracy yay! Skill speed? boo!"

But it'll still be a slight upgrade for me.

Also, tried the new dungeons, and they're fantastic. Though I mostly just Brute Forced through them today. I'll work on polishing up mechanics when I'm less tired. I'll try new CT and Hunts when I'm off work, and then work on unlocking Ramuh proper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom