• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Well right now I'm looking at T8 more than T9. I'm liable to have to replace one of my DPS by the time we hit T8, because multiple DRG's is sub-optimal. (I've been up front about this, and we're keeping on the likely replacee, so he'll at least have solid Coil experience when it's time.)

Mainly just asking, so I know what classes I should be looking for once that time comes.

Guess I'll probably need to be looking for a Monk. <_<;;

Edit: Yes I know, sub-optimal situation. I do feel like a bit of a jerk because of all this, but I'm trying to handle it the best I can. I don't want anyone walking away from this angry.

Double Jumps and Iron Chariot invalidate GL3, don't they? That happens 3 times in Phase 1 total.

double jumps yes for double meteor swarm. The one after lunar dynamo he shouldn't lose stacks. You can keep gl3 during iron chariot. Tell your monk not to stack for therm

iammeiam

My one and only T8 clear was in a double LOLBRD party; we managed to skip fifth tower set entirely despite me Paeoning until OOM I think twice (I never know when to shut it off), so I think outgearing has eased up the DPS check a lot.

studyguy

My one and only T8 clear was in a double LOLBRD party; we managed to skip fifth tower set entirely despite me Paeoning until OOM I think twice (I never know when to shut it off), so I think outgearing has eased up the DPS check a lot.

Outgearing makes T8 a fucking joke once you have the mechanics down

WolvenOne

Outgearing makes T8 a fucking joke once you have the mechanics down

While true, not everyone in our party is terribly out geared for that fight. Though, enough may be so as to make the point moot.

Really, may not be an issue for T8. I'm still going to quietly encourage at least one of my two DRG's to level and practice up another DPS class though, if only as a means to discourage loot squabbles in third coil.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
While true, not everyone in our party is terribly out geared for that fight. Though, enough may be so as to make the point moot.

Really, may not be an issue for T8. I'm still going to quietly encourage at least one of my two DRG's to level and practice up another DPS class though, if only as a means to discourage loot squabbles in third coil.

Anything over i100 is overgeared for that fight.

BadRNG

Well right now I'm looking at T8 more than T9. I'm liable to have to replace one of my DPS by the time we hit T8, because multiple DRG's is sub-optimal. (I've been up front about this, and we're keeping on the likely replacee, so he'll at least have solid Coil experience when it's time.)

Mainly just asking, so I know what classes I should be looking for once that time comes.

Guess I'll probably need to be looking for a Monk. <_<;;

Edit: Yes I know, sub-optimal situation. I do feel like a bit of a jerk because of all this, but I'm trying to handle it the best I can. I don't want anyone walking away from this angry.
You could run 5 brds and still destroy T8, especially in the gear you guys are in. I also find it kind of hilarious you are talking about someone being replaced for optimum dps with all the discussion that just occurred over tanking setups in T8 and your stance on that.

If you guys end up having dps problems with your current set up, it will be due to a skill problem, not a composition problem. Only having one of each class gives you more versatility and faster LB, but if someone doesn't have another dps or doesn't want to switch there is not really much reason to have them leave. You're not world first group, "optimum" setups are irrelevant, you already overgear the content. Just focus on mechanics and not being bad and you will clear everything in the game.

WolvenOne

You could run 5 brds and still destroy T8, especially in the gear you guys are in. I also find it kind of hilarious you are talking about someone being replaced for optimum dps with all the discussion that just occurred over tanking setups in T8 and your stance on that.

If you guys end up having dps problems with your current set up, it will be due to a skill problem, not a composition problem. Only having one of each class gives you more versatility and faster LB, but if someone doesn't have another dps or doesn't want to switch there is not really much reason to have them leave. You're not world first group, "optimum" setups are irrelevant, you already overgear the content. Just focus on mechanics and not being bad and you will clear everything in the game.

Point taken.

studyguy

Just focus on mechanics and not being bad and you will clear everything in the game.

This honestly, once the jump rope game is out of the way, beating encounters into the ground becomes trivial. Some groups get to that point right away, my initial static got very good at picking up mechanics, the latter end before we blew up, not so much when you have dudes eating attacks left and right. Oh well.

Tabris

The 450 dps our MNK puts up in T9 says you're wrong

Ah. I'm not playing MNK in T9. Maybe Moara can explain better but he mentioned he was losing GL.

Oh man the irony is soo good.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I think we have two bards in T8?
How bad can two dragoons possibly do.

also I can never remember our DPS compo because it literally changes for every turn >_>

WolvenOne

I think we have two bards in T8?
How bad can two dragoons possibly do.

also I can never remember our DPS compo because it literally changes for every turn >_>

Depends on
how many AoEs they eat I suppose
I'm sure they'd do perfectly fine. There's a 3 tank T8 video up somewhere, can't be any worse than that.

3 Tank, wha?

Isn't the DPS check in T8 something like 1700?

What did they sacrifice a healer or something?

BadRNG

Ah. I'm not playing MNK in T9. Maybe Moara can explain better but he mentioned he was losing GL.
Key I think is to keep beating on her after jumps. MNK doesn't really need to stack for beam unless they are targeted.

Oh don't start. I'm sure nobody here wants us talking about THAT in public.
...I do.

popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif

WolvenOne

Well it's not happening, cause if I started saying what I really think, it'd probably get me banned. So please do me a favor, and stop tempting me.

studyguy

Highlander > Roe > Hume >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sahagin > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> those pudding models >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Catboys.

No need to discuss hard facts.
Sorry, no potatoes on this chart.

Moaradin

Key I think is to keep beating on her after jumps. MNK doesn't really need to stack for beam unless they are targeted.

Doesn't she do a big AOE on the tank after Iron Chariot? That's why I usually just stack up in the middle with the rest of the group and play safe.

Iron Chariot and double Meteor Stream are the two things in Phase 1 that always drops my Greased Lightning.

Tabris

I guess I'll leave it alone, sorry drama seekers (I love drama myself). Doesn't really matter, in the end, worked out perfectly for both of us. We got the tank I wanted. And Tia got his own group he wanted.

TheMink

Real DRGs fight in front of boss for the bleeds, chase down all homing missiles, and jump into other peoples ballistic circles.

We got approval!

C'mon folks, got like a month till patch, without drama what do we have to talk about.

Can you explain? I'm trying to be a better DRG. I can't understand what this means though.

WolvenOne

Doesn't she do a big AOE on the tank after Iron Chariot? That's why I usually just stack up in the middle with the rest of the group and play safe.

Iron Chariot and double Meteor Stream are the two things in Phase 1 that always drops my Greased Lightning.

You'll never get back to Neal fast enough to get hit by the post jump Tank Aoe. What they mean is to hit Neal while everyone stacks for Therm. There's a point in there where Neal leaves the Tank, to hit somebody else, right before Therm goes off. At that point you'll only have enough time for a few hits, but it should be enough to keep Greased Lightning up.

Tabris

She jumps up and lands on a party member, does Iron Chariot which is an aoe, then therm blast which we have everyone gather in the middle for, then jumps back on tank with a small aoe (same as traditional jump land range which you already dodge without issue when he returns from things like double jump).

I guess there's an opportunity there to continue attacking her and not stacking on party during therm blast. So we should do that instead unless you get blast on you.

Moaradin

She jumps up and lands on a party member, does Iron Chariot which is an aoe, then therm blast which we have everyone gather in the middle for, then jumps back on tank with a small aoe (same as traditional jump range which you already dodge without issue when he returns from things like double jump).

I guess there's an opportunity there to continue attacking her and not stacking on party during therm blast. So we should do that instead unless you get blast on you.

I'll experiment more next time we go in. I usually group up for the beam and start running back immediately after it blows up. I'm usually on the boss pretty fast after she lands and it's still not enough to keep Greased Lightning up. It will definitely help if I can get GL going during Iron Chariot.

double jumps seems to always drop GL though. She's in the air far too long during that one.

Sorian

Banned
I'll experiment more next time we go in. I usually group up for the beam and start running back immediately after it blows up. I'm usually on the boss pretty fast after she lands and it's still not enough to keep Greased Lightning up. It will definitely help if I can get GL going during Iron Chariot.

double jumps seems to always drop GL though. She's in the air far too long during that one.

I'd assume right after iron chariot AoE, you walk over and beat on her then when she finishes beam and teleports, you'll shoulder tackle over there and keep it going.

And yeah, looks like the common occurrence is that double jumps will knock off GL.

Jayhawk

rofl, if he's gotta use pb there, then he isn't thinking in the long run. I only use pb once in that fight and that's right at the 1st heaven's fall

PB at start and after 1st heavensfall. Don't do ToD before first jump if you fear you'll lose GL from Iron Chariot. Double jump will make you lose stacks.

Isaccard

lol dafuq happend in this thread

lets all focus on what's important here

Lightning. I heard Yoshi-P is considering a LIGHTING STRIKES THRICE: THE GODDESS RETURNS event to celebrate the XIII duo games coming to Steam.
LR doesn't exist

Slightly more on topic before I get banned, I got my warhorse :eek:

only took over 500 games but I got it

maybe I'll retire

iammeiam

Hasn't Lightning already struck thrice?

They should just make her a permanent fixture, TBH. I was so heartbroken when she left the last time I had to redo all my glamour.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
lol dafuq happend in this thread

lets all focus on what's important here

Lightning. I heard Yoshi-P is considering a LIGHTING STRIKES THRICE: THE GODDESS RETURNS event to celebrate the XIII duo games coming to Steam.
LR doesn't exist

Slightly more on topic before I get banned, I got my warhorse :eek:

only took over 500 games but I got it

maybe I'll retire

Get out.

studyguy

On the real though, we're gonna get a Noctis visit. Just watch.
They'll pop into Eorzea on a car and we'll all go for a magic journey.
Noctis, YoshiP and Nomura in the car along for the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom