• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't say it undoes anything though, it just mostly ignores it, or vaguely mentions it. Game stands on its own, kinda, story is pretty poop regardless. Gameplay is nice though I found, even though I'm not sure what was the point of the time limit considering it's only frustrating early game and becomes a non factor later on, resulting in more negatives than positives.

Valor

If im not mistaken both phlebotomize and chaos thrust stack over multiple players so idk what the implications of that are for total DPS.
Ken was talking about running Double Dragon and having one person use both combos, which would leave the second free to skip Disembowel, since only one instance of the debuff can be on any one enemy.

tSX45o6.gif
plz no ;.;

Edit: Also, totally making this metallic gold just for kicks if that dye ends up being cheap.

A dye that will drop from XIV(XV?) ventures only at a low rate, yeah, I'm sure it'll end up being cheap, like 1house cheap. They look pretty nice though, which is why I'm bothering with getting forager nonsense stuff so I can do these ventures.

Isaccard

Ken was talking about running Double Dragon and having one person use both combos, which would leave the second free to skip Disembowel, since only one instance of the debuff can be on any one enemy.

plz no ;.;

get rekt

false devouts shall be smited!

Sorian

Banned
A dye that will drop from XIV(XV?) ventures only at a low rate, yeah, I'm sure it'll end up being cheap, like 1house cheap. They look pretty nice though, which is why I'm bothering with getting forager nonsense stuff so I can do these ventures.

Was it actually dropping from a venture? First I heard that.

BadRNG

Just leave their business to them. I blame Krael!
I blame Yoshida for coil lockout and nothing in-game to do. We need some scandalous events to keep us busy. For example...

KAGARI USES PERFORMANCE ENHANCING LOOT ROLLS, I'VE SEEN IT.
and possibly supplied it

Discuss.

Damn it, Krael!
Are you a rich mining entrepreneur yet?

450 on T9 seems a bit high. I can get 450 on T8 but that fight has zero downtime. Even if you're maximizing everything in T9, it still has a fair amount of downtime.
I assume the 450 he talked about is on a single phase, not the entire thing. As you said there is way too much downtime to every reach anything close to 450 over the whole fight.

The only downside of stacking Dragoons is that Disembowels get overwritten by new ones but you need to do Disembowel to get Chaos Thrust. I don't know if anyone did the math on Disembowel buddy + second Dragoon skipping CT thouguh so!
Not sure how that is a downside, Disembowel is not a dot, just a debuff. If anything it is an upside as with two drgs you can pretty much guarantee the debuff is up 100% of the time in case one of them has to go off boss due to a mechanic. As for a disembowel buddy, I'm 99% sure it'd be a loss in dps to drop CT. Every step in the CT line has more potency than the same thrust step, that's why IMPULSE DRIVE!11!1 is the entire low level drg combo. Thrusts are just filler for a DRG, to give you something to do between buffs/debuffs. It's not the same as MNK where you are only using DK for the debuff, the entire CT line is just better than Thrust, especially the final step (like 100 potency difference fully buffed iirc)

They should give DRGs a Thundercloud like ability for CT. Things would explode.

So FF13's story is incomplete? Were they expecting to make a 4th one or something?
These haters are missing what you're asking. The story is complete, the ending to FFXIII-2 is explained, and all loose ends more or less are tied up. It's just the story goes in a really weird direction from that ending and it's a bit of a convoluted mess. Well worth playing the game though, best battle system of the trilogy and despite it's flaws it's still a fun game.

Stuff cause this post gettin long
Rotation needs a bit of work, HT would of fallen off before second thrust combo, so you should do HT before it, and after the second thrust combo refresh PhB before doing CT combo or else you will clip it. Should just read this. It's by far the most useful guide for new endgame DRGs.

As for normal enemies out in the world, no, most of the time the full rotation isn't needed. HT and thrust plus a jump or so will kill most things dead before your dots can ever fully tick. Getting behind enemies for disembowel when solo sucks anyway. (You can run through an enemy and use HT, if you time it as you run through it will count as a side attack during their turn animation.)

chrono01

Are you a rich mining entrepreneur yet?
I soon will be! Just working on getting those 60HQ Umbral Rocks so I can go after the 2* items. Unfortunately I was busy today [had a couple appointments] and the same seems to go for tomorrow, but Wednesday for sure I'll get back at it again! Maybe pick out a nice selection of MP3's to listen to whilst I grind away.

Thanks again for your assistance in getting me the gear. While the Materia drained most of my Gil, I'm sure I'll be able to make it back with time. Your deed will not be forgotten!

SkyOdin

So FF13's story is incomplete? Were they expecting to make a 4th one or something?

The original FF XIII has a complete story if you look at it on its own. While it has some larger unexplored mythos, that was originally intended to link it in to FF Agito XIII and FF Versus XIII, before those games were split off to be their own things. In of itself, FF XIII doesn't even have any built-in sequel hooks.

No idea how conclusive the late games are, I'm still early in XIII-2. XIII-2 opens up by taking a nonsensical turn that retcons the ending of XIII, so I think for hoping for conclusive continuity with the XIII sequels would be in vain.

I forgot where I saw it, if it was the live letter or a translation post somewhere, but yeah they mentionned it'd be tied to ventures. They could change it but I guess it kinda makes sense for them to add new stuff to ventures and the whole super RNG aspect I guess is something they're looking for to make the dyes rare and in demand. So yeah prices will probably be completely dumb.

They made it known that the mats will be venture drops, so will go ahead and assume that either means it will be a new r14 rare drop, or they will make a r15 and make use of that ilvl 100 gear that people will think is junk in 2.4 when we're rolling 130+. Make it as hard to be a pimp as possible.

Ken

Not sure how that is a downside, Disembowel is not a dot, just a debuff. If anything it is an upside as with two drgs you can pretty much guarantee the debuff is up 100% of the time in case one of them has to go off boss due to a mechanic. As for a disembowel buddy, I'm 99% sure it'd be a loss in dps to drop CT. Every step in the CT line has more potency than the same thrust step, that's why IMPULSE DRIVE!11!1 is the entire low level drg combo. Thrusts are just filler for a DRG, to give you something to do between buffs/debuffs. It's not the same as MNK where you are only using DK for the debuff, the entire CT line is just better than Thrust, especially the final step (like 100 potency difference fully buffed iirc)

They should give DRGs a Thundercloud like ability for CT. Things would explode.

Well there you go Nuadha. Double Dragoon all the way.

Meciu

I think we have two bards in T8?
How bad can two dragoons possibly do.

also I can never remember our DPS compo because it literally changes for every turn >_>

We have two DRG's in most of our weekly coil runs and they DESTROY ANYTHING that stays in their way, no problem there.

Semper88

My alt is a dragoon, i normaly play Warrior in second coil but lately i've been running as a dragoon so we could take another player along.

I've heard stories of sick dragoon pulling a steady 400 dps in T8, how the hell do they pull that off?

So i gave it my best, I parsed steady on 300ish and peaked on 350, mind you i'm ilvl97 with a 110 soldiery weapon. I was on missle and brainjack duty. My rotation is solid (from the FF forums).

Any tips and tricks?

Does it at least finish the story? Explains what happened at the end of FFXIII-2?

It doesn't, and in fact it successfully ruins the XIII saga. This is of course coming from someone who enjoyed both XIII and even XIII-2. (Though I still believe XIII is a much better game.)

Valor

My alt is a dragoon, i normaly play Warrior in second coil but lately i've been running as a dragoon so we could take another player along.

I've heard stories of sick dragoon pulling a steady 400 dps in T8, how the hell do they pull that off?

So i gave it my best, I parsed steady on 300ish and peaked on 350, mind you i'm ilvl97 with a 110 soldiery weapon. I was on missle and brainjack duty. My rotation is solid (from the FF forums).

Any tips and tricks?

Tell your Bard to stop being lazy and do missiles and brainjack.

IvorB

It seems you missed my point. That's NOW. When people were complaining about books, getting 1500 myth was quite a chore. Low level roulette would give you the most at 70. People were doing Bray speed runs up to the second boss for a reason. 50 myth in 20 minutes was the best you could do. You'd be done with the book and still not have nearly enough to buy the next, today getting 1500 myth is trivial. It's almost impossible to finish a book and not have enough to buy the next nowadays.

As for the FATEs having to leave the game on while you do something else has got to be the worst game design in the history of mankind and I'm not even exaggerating. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?

Yeah I remember. I used to farm WP heavy just to scrape enough for my myth armor pieces. Then Square starts handing them out like candy for hunts. *sigh* I don't think I will ever do low level roulette again though. That sh*t is just too painful now.

studyguy

People will complain if the tomes are too easy. People will complain if the new tomes are too hard to obtain. People will complain if the new tomes exist or not. I don't think there's a real solution that would cause people to not complain even if they over delivered on content.

Shit I was complaining about hunts a page back and it's like the easiest thing ever.
Suppose this treadmill is wearing thin, where's my new model YoshiP. I don't want this carrot anymore, it's old n busted and smells like hunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom