• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between all the roulettes, hunts, ST etc you can easily get the myth together for a book. I cleared one book on Saturday and made enough for my second. The waiting hasn't been that bad for me. There's something quite soothing about just patiently waiting for something to happen. I just leave it on and do something else for a while.

It seems you missed my point. That's NOW. When people were complaining about books, getting 1500 myth was quite a chore. Low level roulette would give you the most at 70. People were doing Bray speed runs up to the second boss for a reason. 50 myth in 20 minutes was the best you could do. You'd be done with the book and still not have nearly enough to buy the next, today getting 1500 myth is trivial. It's almost impossible to finish a book and not have enough to buy the next nowadays.

As for the FATEs having to leave the game on while you do something else has got to be the worst game design in the history of mankind and I'm not even exaggerating. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?

studyguy

gw-itcrowdmosspopcorn.gif

Well?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It seems you missed my point. That's NOW. When people were complaining about books, getting 1500 myth was quite a chore. Low level roulette would give you the most at 70. People were doing Bray speed runs up to the second boss for a reason. 50 myth in 20 minutes was the best you could do. You'd be done with the book and still not have nearly enough to buy the next, today getting 1500 myth is trivial. It's almost impossible to finish a book and not have enough to buy the next nowadays.

As for the FATEs having to leave the game on while you do something else has got to be the worst game design in the history of mankind and I'm not even exaggerating. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?

I don't think he was contradicting you.

The only real drama this past weekend was me getting locked out of my account. It was like solitary confinement being unable to play FF XIV while it was right there in front of me. I did a marathon of How I Met Your Mother on Netflix. That's how bad it got.

studyguy

I did a marathon of How I Met Your Mother on Netflix. That's how bad it got.

Could be worse.
Also it's wild how bad SE's customer service still is for this game. I love it but I'd hate to ever have to deal with them again on any issue that couldn't be resolved without their help.

iammeiam

The only real drama this past weekend was me getting locked out of my account. It was like solitary confinement being unable to play FF XIV while it was right there in front of me. I did a marathon of How I Met Your Mother on Netflix. That's how bad it got.

I'd assumed you'd restored your new phone prior to token transfer or I'd have said something.

Did you watch streams and play along on a phantom controller at any point?

Could be worse.
Also it's wild how bad SE's customer service still is for this game. I love it but I'd hate to ever have to deal with them again on any issue that couldn't be resolved without their help.

So I forgot what address I used on my account when I was verifying my info to get the token removed.

Guy on the phone said "Everything was wrong except for the California part".
So then I guessed my previous address, but it wasn't right. Then I asked if it was my a work related address by giving the city name, and he said yes. So I gave the address but forgot the zip. I said first 4 digits, but forgot the last one. So I guessed one. He said nope. He suggested I keep throwing numbers out to him. At which point I was like "let me grab my business card and look up the old address". So I got it right finally. But seriously, I feel like somebody with enough basic info could seriously remove my security token and ask for a new password and steal my account. I would feel better if they asked for my payment method or something a bit more stringent.

So...kind of scary. But glad I got access to my account again.

I'd assumed you'd restored your new phone prior to token transfer or I'd have said something.

Did you watch streams and play along on a phantom controller at any point?

Sequence of events:

1) Got new phone
2) Removed software token from account using emergency removal code
3) Deleted software token from old phone
4) Downloaded software token to new phone
5) Registered new software token to account
6) Verified software token
7) PC restarted (Windows Update in background had countdown I never saw)
8) Windows boots up, connect to game using new software token
9) New phone was connected to PC, iTunes runs
10) iTunes restores an old backup to my new phone, essentially giving it all the old media/app data from my old phone
11) Log out of FF XIV for the night not realizing this happened and had no on-screen warning from iTunes
12) Next day, try to login using the code from the software token, but it acts like it needs to still be registered and wants that info again
13) Can't login to account to get emergency removal code OR new registration code for software token
14) Didn't get emergency removal code because Chrome page with it closed too fast upon Windows shut down the prior night
15) Try using old emergency removal code, doesn't work
16) Try re-using the new software token registration code I got by e-mail, it expired
17) Tried getting support, realized Square Enix doesn't offer any type of weekend support
18) Found out GMs can't help with this issue, so making a new account to contact them would have been a waste
19) Cried and formed a plan to sleep as much as possible to make 9am PDT come as fast as possible so I could get access to my account again

I listened to some Ultima Part 1/2, Garuda, and Titan music and watch some of my previous SCoB clears. I played through the last two episodes of The Walking Dead Season 2. I watched all of Season 7 of How I Met Your Mother. I slept several times, too, for about 12 hours total each day.

studyguy

So I forgot what address I used on my account when I was verifying my info to get the token removed.

Guy on the phone said "Everything was wrong except for the California part".
So then I guessed my previous address, but it wasn't right. Then I asked if it was my a work related address by giving the city name, and he said yes. So I gave the address but forgot the zip. I said first 4 digits, but forgot the last one. So I guessed one. He said nope. He suggested I keep throwing numbers out to him. At which point I was like "let me grab my business card and look up the old address". So I got it right finally. But seriously, I feel like somebody with enough basic info could seriously remove my security token and ask for a new password and steal my account. I would feel better if they asked for my payment method or something a bit more stringent.

So...kind of scary. But glad I got access to my account again.

That's pretty nutty, isn't that how that one dude got ripped out of his twitter account worth some $50 grand? Just phonecalls and talking his way through customer support...

That's typically how I do it. Guess I just need to play less passive during Iron Chariot.

if you want a legit view, watch my history twitch.tv/irfaanator. The professional probably keeps his twitch close to the chest. I lose stacks at the end since I'm still new to the end but it should give you and idea of what the first phases should be like

aceface

Leveling Culinarian sucks. Every recipe takes tons of items...

And I'm out of leeves...

I leveled Cul from 1-45 only using the ixal quests. Just maxed my rep last night!
It's the only crafting I've done in the game and considering never doing crafting again. So close to 50 though.

Sorian

Banned
I listened to some Ultima Part 1/2, Garuda, and Titan music and watch some of my previous SCoB clears. I played through the last two episodes of The Walking Dead Season 2. I watched all of Season 7 of How I Met Your Mother. I slept several times, too, for about 12 hours total each day.

You almost sound like an addict.

Jayhawk

if you want a legit view, watch my history twitch.tv/irfaanator. The professional probably keeps his twitch close to the chest. I lose stacks at the end since I'm still new to the end but it should give you and idea of what the first phases should be like

Bookey has archives of his two clears as Snap Punch with my group on his archive.

Bookey

Professional Monk
check my channel, i have most of the clears on there with my alt and my main char
edit: Also, dont be afraid of the chariot

Taruranto

Don't even know what you guys are talking about tbh.

Lets get back to catgirls then.
Why are people who play catgirls so terrible?

I found cat people terrible in general, tbh. Maybe it's the tail?
Or the fact they spend half of their game time trying to look pretty and ERPing?

I don't remember cat-people being so bad in XI. I wonder what happened?

Drac

The 450 dps our MNK puts up in T9 says you're wrong

450 o_O ? I was happy with my 350 tonight on my first kill T_T Either I don't know how to play monk or I'm missing something :( My max was 430 on T8 :(

But yay ! T9 finally down ! And we got Drg weapon with no Drg in our roster, of course :p

Moaradin

450 on T9 seems a bit high. I can get 450 on T8 but that fight has zero downtime. Even if you're maximizing everything in T9, it still has a fair amount of downtime.

Ken

I think we have two bards in T8?
How bad can two dragoons possibly do.

also I can never remember our DPS compo because it literally changes for every turn >_>

The only downside of stacking Dragoons is that Disembowels get overwritten by new ones but you need to do Disembowel to get Chaos Thrust. I don't know if anyone did the math on Disembowel buddy + second Dragoon skipping CT thouguh so!

klee123

Does anyone here play this game using a mobile wireless connection?

Currently during the weekdays, the internet at the place where I stay is so poor that I can barely load up the game. Figured that maybe 3G wireless would be a decent substitute.

Valor

Noctis isin't nearly as [un]interesting as Lightning. Get out.
Why doth thou continue to blaspheme against The Goddess?

I don't know if anyone did the math on Disembowel buddy + second Dragoon skipping CT thouguh so!
Probably because no one cares enough ;3

Off the hip, I would say that straight up Phlebotomize + Full Thrust rotation spam would end up being a bit higher in the end with someone else keeping Disembowel up. Hard to say, though, since Chaos Thrust is a pretty nice DoT. Gotta assume the constant Full Thrusts might make that up. Maybe.

studyguy

I found cat people terrible in general, tbh. Maybe it's the tail?
Or the fact they spend half of their game time trying to look pretty and ERPing?

I don't remember cat-people being so bad in XI. I wonder what happened?

It's truly an unfortunate mystery my friend.

dcye

Double Jumps and Iron Chariot invalidate GL3, don't they? That happens 3 times in Phase 1 total.

If you all stack for Iron Chariot and bait it behind the boss then the Monk barely has to move. We only do it once though cause we skip the second one.

Teknoman

I kinda want to give frontlines a shot just so I can net some cool vanity stuff, but im also hoping people dont get pissed my first few battles because I dont know "wtf2du".

I pick up fast though, so I guess it shouldnt be too bad.

I kinda want to give frontlines a shot just so I can net some cool vanity stuff, but im also hoping people dont get pissed my first few battles because I dont know "wtf2du".

I pick up fast though, so I guess it shouldnt be too bad.

a lot of ppl don't know what they're doing in frontlines. don't sweat it. just follow your party

TheMink

Why doth thou continue to blaspheme against The Goddess?

Probably because no one cares enough ;3

Off the hip, I would say that straight up Phlebotomize + Full Thrust rotation spam would end up being a bit higher in the end with someone else keeping Disembowel up. Hard to say, though, since Chaos Thrust is a pretty nice DoT. Gotta assume the constant Full Thrusts might make that up. Maybe.

If im not mistaken both phlebotomize and chaos thrust stack over multiple players so idk what the implications of that are for total DPS.

I'm really only getting to high Lvl stuff for the first time, but my solo DRG rotation goes like so:

BfB->Heavy T->Chaos T combo->phlebotomize->main combo->repeat main combo->reset

While throwing in properly timed leg sweeps and jumps when I have them obviously.

I feel like can generally get two full main combos going before my buffs and enemy debuffs ware off and I have to re-buff/debuff

Any comments, am I making it harder than i had to be or is that basically the idea.

Side note for regular mobs is it applicable to do the same thing? Or does that really only get effective when enemies have higher Hp?

Tabris

The completionist in me kinda wants to play Lightning Returns because I did Platinum both FFXIII and FFXIII-2, which I enjoyed. They were decent games. I liked and disliked some things in both games.

How much does LR undo everything decent with the first two games?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The completionist in me kinda wants to play Lightning Returns because I did Platinum both FFXIII and FFXIII-2, which I enjoyed. They were decent games. I liked and disliked some things in both games.

How much does LR undo everything decent with the first two games?

LR takes everything the first two games did and throws it out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom