• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell your Bard to stop being lazy and do missiles and brainjack.

^

The melee deeps really should not be doing missiles and brainjack, for reasons that should be bindingly obvious.

The BLM should not do it either, for a different reason.

The SMN shouldn't have to do it and he has enough shit to manage already.

The healers obviously can't do it.

So that leaves, um, the OT if your party has one, or the BRD.

People will complain if the tomes are too easy. People will complain if the new tomes are too hard to obtain. People will complain if the new tomes exist or not. I don't think there's a real solution that would cause people to not complain even if they over delivered on content.

Shit I was complaining about hunts a page back and it's like the easiest thing ever.
Suppose this treadmill is wearing thin, where's my new model YoshiP. I don't want this carrot anymore, it's old n busted and smells like hunts.

Get ready for Phil tomes to come back so you can use them and Myth tomes to upgrade Sol tomes to Mastery tomes to buy one i125 piece a week. ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Why shouldn't melee do Brainjack?

The only actual reason is that as a melee you can't hit from the side if you need to during brainjack, keeping the missle away from the group isn't exactly hard though when you just go on the other side of the boss away from the party and keeping hitting it. It is technically a dps loss to do brainjack as a melee because of that, where as a bard and ot(if you're even using an ot) lose nothing.

BadRNG

The only actual reason is that as a melee you can't hit from the side if you need to during brainjack, keeping the missle away from the group isn't exactly hard though when you just go on the other side of the boss away from the party and keeping hitting it. It is technically a dps loss to do brainjack as a melee because of that, where as a bard and ot(if you're even using an ot) lose nothing.
Not quite accurate. You can do both flank and rear attacks fine as melee while doing brainjack, just a few steps in the right direction and the attack will count. Takes some practice on spacing but easy to get the hang of.

dcye

Don't know why you wouldn't want to do Missiles/Brainjack as a bard. Its the only thing that keeps me awake in T8 these days.

Taruranto

hkeB98x.jpg

ySpbfzV.jpg
I broke Coil.

Don't know why you wouldn't want to do Missiles/Brainjack as a bard. Its the only thing that keeps me awake in T8 these days.

The whole fight honestly puts me to sleep now lol. Only time where I wake up is an oh shit moment where I forget to look at the cast bar for brainjack and reach the middle just as it goes off.

Says the guy who put accuracy on his Novus.

Just wait for that 520+ acc cap in Coil 3 and they decide to not put acc on any of our tome gear this time.

WolvenOne

The whole fight honestly puts me to sleep now lol. Only time where I wake up is an oh shit moment where I forget to look at the cast bar for brainjack and reach the middle just as it goes off.

Just wait for that 520+ acc cap in Coil 3 and they decide to not put acc on any of our tome gear this time.

There's a reason why I'm keeping accuracy on my Novus. If it turns out the next Tome gear is full of accuracy, and the next cap isn't hard to reach, then I can replace it with something else.

Respeccing means you can have that sort of flexibility.

WolvenOne

Who needs to think when you can just throw mountains of gil at things, really?

If I had mountains of Gil, I would. XD

Really though. I'm in a tough position right now, in that I'd need to spend gil to make gil , but I also need gil for things like Novus respeccing, maybe a house, paying for food for any underprivileged member of my Coil group, etc etc etc.

Heck, I need Gil so badly right now, that if it weren't for the obvious risk to my account and computer security, I'd be sorely tempted to just buy it. :p

Don't worry, I'm not, I know that's a dumb move.

WolvenOne

Biggest hit to my income was that change they made to spiritbinding awhile back. Almost everything lvl45-50 turn into level 3's, and the chance of getting a level 4 of an actual valuable type is pretty darn remote.

I'd just use higher level accessories and gear, of course. But, stuff from dungeons is non-convertible, and level 70-90 gear is so expensive that if you don't get a high value Tier 4, you'll have lost a lot of money.

.....Why are level70 crafted pieces still selling for so much, anyway?

Tabris

The materials needed cost GC seals / drop from dungeons (i.e. coke, hardened sap, animal fat, etc) That's the primary cost.

Why are those still so expensive? Because they are used to get the crafting items needed for the master crafting books for the i70 crafting unique gear (artisan spectacles, artisan tools) and other gear (3 star items).

Those take 5 items x 9 crafting items x every book you want. So for master crafters with all crafts leveled, that's up to 360 of those items needed. Each item costs 2500 seals. Which is 900k GC seals.

EDIT - Double checking whether it's 5 or 10 items needed. I only did the master book for LTW.

EDIT - Corrected math as it's 5.

EDIT - Needed to correct again lol as I forgot Culinarian as a crafting class.

Sorian

Banned
Biggest hit to my income was that change they made to spiritbinding awhile back. Almost everything lvl45-50 turn into level 3's, and the chance of getting a level 4 of an actual valuable type is pretty darn remote.

I'd just use higher level accessories and gear, of course. But, stuff from dungeons is non-convertible, and level 70-90 gear is so expensive that if you don't get a high value Tier 4, you'll have lost a lot of money.

.....Why are level70 crafted pieces still selling for so much, anyway?

This post makes me laugh because I converted 4 sets of the ilvl 48ish jewelry (so 20 things total) and got 3 savage might IVs. RNG gonna RNG.

Not quite accurate. You can do both flank and rear attacks fine as melee while doing brainjack, just a few steps in the right direction and the attack will count. Takes some practice on spacing but easy to get the hang of.

Or just use a brd and not have to worry about any of that. :3

WolvenOne

This post makes me laugh because I converted 4 sets of the ilvl 48ish jewelry (so 20 things total) and got 3 savage might IVs. RNG gonna RNG.

Converted a similar amount in the few weeks following that patch, I only got three tier 4s, and they were all low value types.

On a similar subject, I think the most effective means of permanently lowering the price of tier 4s, would be to introduce a few sets of i90 armor, that dropped in dungeons, and was actually convertible.

Tabris

I personally think gear should only spirit bond during solo / companion play.

That would solve people under gearing content, as no matter how easy the content is, under gearing slows it down. And slowed down content is only tolerable when you are having fun chatting / socializing with the group.

Sorian

Banned
I personally think gear should only spirit bond during solo / companion play.

That would solve people under gearing content, as no matter how easy the content is, under gearing slows it down. And slowed down content is only tolerable when you are having fun chatting / socializing with the group.

This is why you aren't allowed to be in charge. I agree on difficult content but they do a good job of listing the correct minimum item level for dungeons. If you are at or above, go nuts with what you're wearing.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Culinarian is indeed a crafting class, but Spicy Tomato Relish doesn't use any philo mats. It's why it's the preferred method for grinding Artisan Spectacles.

Only book tokens use philo mats.
i70 tokens don't.
Relish is still the easiest to produce on the account of mat prices (ALC is harder to HQ and everything else requires larger amount of crystals and unspoiled mats than CUL does)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom