• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcye

Best way to make consistent money spiritbonding is to spiritbond crafting and gathering gear, no chance of Elemental or Primary stat materia and some of them are worth a pretty penny.

Loci

How is this game's OST so god damn good?
I sometime stand in a camp and don't wanna leave cause the music is too good.

Only book tokens use philo mats.
i70 tokens don't.
Relish is still the easiest to produce on the account of mat prices (ALC is harder to HQ and everything else requires larger amount of crystals and unspoiled mats than CUL does)

Huge brainfart on my part! Thanks for the correction.

I guess what I was thinking of was Sauteed Coeurl for the CUL book... it does require Cooking Sherry, but that's incredibly cheap compared to the other book token recipes. Anyway.

iammeiam

I don't know that it's a waste of sold--it'll be useful for a month and by the time it's completely obsolete sold will be uncapped. Im not sure any other soldiery gear would be less obsolete in a month.

Spent most of the day queuing and then withdrawing from stuff (before the queue popped, no trolling.) Based on how low my motivation is to actually do most content (lol Ramuh) I'll be rocking a Rosenbogen until 2.5. At least it's glamoured to be less hideous.

If it's like the previous tier, then it'll be useful for almost 2months, 1month until 2.4 and then 3weeks until you have enough new tomes to get the new weapon tier. You'll want a soldiery weapon for these 3weeks anyway, and while solds will be uncapped, it doesn't make much of a difference if you get soldiery weapon now and armor later or armor now and weapon later. In fact weapon first is still better afaik. Obviously you could just do roulettes and whatever to get your new tomes with a zenith and skip, but that doesn't really matter, you kinda should spend your soldiery as you get them regardless of what happens in one month, no point in them sitting there doing nothing.

hm i could get a rosenbogen too. have a stonething plus 1800 soldiery sitting there. i assume they won't introduce a ninja weapon that uses soldiery. already have war, mnk, drg boosted to 110. bogen is the only one left i could use to fool around.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
hm i could get a rosenbogen too. have a stonething plus 1800 soldiery sitting there. i assume they won't introduce a ninja weapon that uses soldiery. already have war, mnk, drg boosted to 110. bogen is the only one left i could use to fool around.

idk man. There is going to be a ninja high allagan weapon so who knows.

alstein

I am fairly new to this, I've never capped soldiery in a week (still working on getting crafting classes up), only i96 total so far.

So might not be too bad. It's not like I"m out there doing t9 bahamut yet. (I haven't even gotten to t3)

WolvenOne

7 Ramuh clears today, and I didn't get a ring.

Still, feels good to actually farm that fight for once. Though I'll admit, that fight still gets pretty hectic later in. XD

Gotta say though, I hope future primal battles aren't all going to need that level of communication. I mean, yeah I know that you can do it with some sort of tier system, but I'm not really sure how that works.

WolvenOne

It's okay. Took me over 25.
Pretty scary I could get a group that would be able to consistently farm for two dozen attempts.

Oh, it's not surprising, just adding that too all my previous runs and all, comes upto a pretty decent sized tally for not getting any loot.

That's fine though, the fights still fresher than the previous Extreme Primal fights, so I enjoy it.

WolvenOne

Got the 3 Ramuh rings I needed in my first 5 clears #lootlife.

I only want two, the Slayer and Fending ring. They'll put my at 110 for my Strength Build set, and 109 for my Fending Set, (The High Allagen Fending neck has thus far eluded me.)

No big deal that I don't have em, they're only a very small improvement to my stats and all that. Still, it'd be rather nice to be full 110 on both builds before 2.4 hits.

WolvenOne

Ramuh is kinda boring.

What tension there is, mostly comes from occasionally frantic communication of what's going on, and what needs to be done. So, yeah, it's still fun for me now, but I imagine after a few more successful runs it'll start getting a bit boring.

IvorB

How is this game's OST so god damn good?
I sometime stand in a camp and don't wanna leave cause the music is too good.

Yeah the Thanalan field music still gets me to this day. It was that track that truly hooked me during the beta and even now when it comes on I slow down what I am doing to appreciate the whole thing.

hold on, Sol weapons are totally worthless now?

I'm still really enjoying my Levia - whatever. Best decision to buy that and then work on my relic on the side. Even if it's obsolete soon you just get a new one. That's how RPGs work isn't it?

dcye

I love this games OST but it is nothing compared to XI. Maybe it's just the feeling of nostalgia but I was spinning it last night and it got me good. Rolanberry Fields <3.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
On my first attempt at a full Frilled Shark window I got one loss, one Megalodon and one Frilled Shark. 58% chance of desynth... Yoship pls.

I love this games OST but it is nothing compared to XI. Maybe it's just the feeling of nostalgia but I was spinning it last night and it got me good. Rolanberry Fields <3.

XI OST was a lot more cosy. This one feels the need to be expansive and epic all the time. Kinda exposes the general shallowness of the game WHOOPS DID I JUST TYPE THAT DOWN

I went through a couple of levels of alchemist last night...does crafting ever get interesting? It was my first stab at it and it felt super grindy.

Marauder is starting to grow on me. After switching back to lancer I was reminded of the existential terror of having more than one enemy target you at once. I'm not sure if being able to inflict slow and 2 seconds of stun is totally worth it.

After exploring the other cities I also see how good I had it starting in Gridania. Prettiest of the three for sure, especially once you get deeper into the Shroud.

iammeiam

Wait who cares about Ramuh when slime and dodo earrings went up after the patch?

I can add more faces to my WHM glamour!

...when I get home from work. So far away.

studyguy

Got both the shield and ramuh ring for tanks recently.
I need to get the BRD ring, but it's so fucking dull and everything but the BRD ring drops for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom