• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorian

Banned
Got both the shield and ramuh ring for tanks recently.
I need to get the BRD ring, but it's so fucking dull and everything but the BRD ring drops for whatever reason.

As with everything else in this game, we had healer rings falling from the sky. Followed by a light drizzle of caster rings. I think we still want to go in to get one more tank ring? Or maybe the melee ring, can't remember I don't pay attention.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
My blacklist is approaching 150 now. About 3 people on there are actual dicks that I don't want anything to do with. The rest are RMT spammers. I really wish we had an unlimited blacklist. T_T

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
My blacklist is approaching 150 now. About 3 people on there are actual dicks that I don't want anything to do with. The rest are RMT spammers. I really wish we had an unlimited blacklist. T_T

You can start deleting those earlier RMT's, the accounts are probably disabled.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I really like Ramuh, but despise Leviathan- Leviathan barely has any party co-ordination at all for DPS, it's the same dance every time. (INSERT JOKE ABOUT ENTIRE GAME HERE)

studyguy

Ramuh at least forces people to pay attention moment to moment I suppose.
You could basically sleep through Levi since the song and dance is always 100% the same.

The rolling and chaotics are at least a little dynamic.

Rawk Hawk

FU SE for making me do three dungeons before I can get a retainer, haha. Figured before I start leveling other jobs and crafts when I feel the urge to change it up, I should have some sort of storage for the stuffs that will soon start piling up.

I did get through the first two last night, and I appreciate the people who offered to come help, but the DF timers weren't actually that bad. Really glad they have roulette though, otherwise I can imagine these dungeons would be, well a lot like getting people to do instances in FFXI years later. I didn't realize that mechanic was even in the game until someone mentioned it in FC while I was standing outside Sastasha, pretty nice.

Sorian

Banned
Ramuh at least forces people to pay attention moment to moment I suppose.
You could basically sleep through Levi since the song and dance is always 100% the same.

The rolling and chaotics are at least a little dynamic.

At least Levi can surprise you with a dive through the middle. I still fell for that every once in awhile even after all that farming I did.

Sorian

Banned
Dangit.

My flight leaves at 4pm on Sunday, so I'm going to miss the last few hours of the event. :p

I was betting it would mostly be wrapped up by then.

Oh man, you don't even get to see the live letter.

Edit: all of it I should say. But then I don't know if it's a close door type deal where you have to stay in from the start.

studyguy

Someone ask at the lore panel who exactly killed Flammin's husband. I've always been of the mind that Thancred had already been indoctrinated very early in the 1.0 storyline. Just the team took such a hard left turn that it's hard to prove how early it was since everything got sidetracked for ARR. I need hard proof, not speculation.

Also someone ask the battle team about Regiments and how that all spiraled out in the end. That system was hilariously broken.
Also /playtime when

WolvenOne

Oh man, you don't even get to see the live letter.

Edit: all of it I should say. But then I don't know if it's a close door type deal where you have to stay in from the start.

Depends how quickly I can get from the Hotel to the airport, but I'll probably have to skip out of the last fifteen minutes or so. <_<;;

Doesn't look like it's closed door.

Allard

Any of that gonna be streamed?
Also, an hour and a half for LL, dayum.

We know the live letter is going to be streamed and I hope they at least stream the panels and key note as they are taking questions for the lore panel right from the forums. The fanfest is sold out so I hope that means they will give a stream at least for the major events. Guessing the Keynote is where they will reveal the new expansion and some of its basic features and the dev panel will talk about the future of the game leaving the live letter to talk about 2.4 as initially discussed.

Sorian

Banned
Depends how quickly I can get from the Hotel to the airport, but I'll probably have to skip out of the last fifteen minutes or so. <_<;;

Doesn't look like it's closed door.

As someone who lived in vegas for many years, have fun cutting it close at the airport.

WolvenOne

I may have no choice but to catch the bulk of the Live Letter via Stream, unless I can find a way to either fast-track myself through airport security, (Not likely,) or get a flight a few hours later, (also not likely.)

Kiiiiiiiinda frustrating. :p

I knew scheduling my flight before knowing their schedule was a gamble, but I didn't think they'd wait until so late into the Fan Fest to hold the main event.

Sorian

Banned
I may have no choice but to catch the bulk of the Live Letter via Stream, unless I can find a way to either fast-track myself through airport security, (Not likely,) or get a flight a few hours later, (also not likely.)

Kiiiiiiiinda frustrating. :p

I knew scheduling my flight before knowing their schedule was a gamble, but I didn't think they'd wait until so late into the Fan Fest to hold the main event.

Do you fly semi-often? I know people that do have the option to sign up for a TSA pre-screening thing that gets you into a seperate much shorter line. You could probably get away with getting to the airport an hour before your flight if you get that.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
iEKnqqx11wm3E.png

I think I've spent my RNG reserves for the day.
Now Coil is gonna give me jack all.

WolvenOne

Do you fly semi-often? I know people that do have the option to sign up for a TSA pre-screening thing that gets you into a seperate much shorter line. You could probably get away with getting to the airport an hour before your flight if you get that.

I don't fly often, and it looks like this only applies to the major airlines anyway, (I'm going with a smaller airline, it's partly why my ticket was so cheap.)

Catching the Live Letter via stream isn't the end of the world, though if I'm going to do that I'd probably just watch the entire thing at the airport. Just, rather annoys me that I'll have missed the main event.

Couldn't have ended and hour earlier, noooooo. XD

Probably shouldn't give up just yet though. There may yet be a way to pull this off.

Edit: My airline has no later flight going out of Las Vegas that day, so that pretty much settles it. I'll have to leave early and watch the Live Letter at the airport on my cellphone.

Baaah.

Jayhawk

After visiting a walk in clinic, I was advised to go to a hospital for possible surgery. So I might not be available for coil tomorrow night. Please tell Exelon.

WolvenOne

Okay, I've come to grips with this. I'll bring a laptop and watch it at the airport, I'll probably have a better view of everything than if I was actually there. I'll be there for the first day maybe part of the second, and I'll be able to visit with a couple key people whom I know are also going.

Not ideal, but I'll probably have plenty of fun with it.

studyguy

After visiting a walk in clinic, I was advised to go to a hospital for possible surgery. So I might not be available for coil tomorrow night. Please tell Exelon.

What a casual.
I had a tooth out and was fucked up for the day and still ran.
We made 0 progress that day, tell the doc to stitch it up you have important business to attend to.

Ken

Oh yay, they revealed the schedule. Everything looks fun, but not too much into the lore of XIV so will probably skip that one.

the only lore i'm interested in is anything pertaining to the allagan empire

everything else like ishgard and primals kind of bore me

WolvenOne

the only lore i'm interested in is anything pertaining to the allagan empire

everything else like ishgard and primals kind of bore me

The Primals Lore seems to interweave heavily into Allagan Lore, at least at points. As for things like Ishgard, Dravania, or, uh, the civilization that built Wanderers Palace, by in large they haven't had much of a chance to feature prominently into either the story or the endgame.

I would think that, once they started making Raid Content centered around these things, they'd start becoming a bit more interesting.

I mean, actually having visuals and larger chunks of thier history revealed should help in any case.

Also I'd love to hear more about the rise of the Garlean Empire, and it's internal political structure.

Ken

The Primals Lore seems to interweave heavily into Allagan Lore, at least at points. As for things like Ishgard, Dravania, or, uh, the civilization that built Wanderers Palace, by in large they haven't had much of a chance to feature prominently into either the story or the endgame.

I would think that, once they started making Raid Content centered around these things, they'd start becoming a bit more interesting.

I mean, actually having visuals and larger chunks of thier history revealed should help in any case.

Also I'd love to hear more about the rise of the Garlean Empire, and it's internal political structure.

ok let me clarify

i'm more interested in the allagan space people who fly around the universe and have raids on the moon with glowy blue and red lights

Do not DF any of those fights, seriously. That's a recipe for disaster. In this game, people who have no idea how to run a fight use DF to feel it out. As such, it is almost impossible to run of those fights using the Duty Finder.

Party Finder, "can," be successful, especially in comparison to a DF, but they're by no means a magic bullet either. Your best bet is to try to put together a group of people that still need that fight, and to practice it together. That way you can all figure it out together.
Most PF groups that I've seen are farm groups and require a clear to join. Anyway, can anyone here help, then? I play on Ultros but I'm on another FC.
I've gotten up to Twisters on the DF... but probably most of that party was pre-made. Everyone seems to mess up on the second set of divebombs. And I don't think "mercing" (...is that what it's called? idk) is necessarily wrong, but eh... I'm not that desperate.

aceface

Most PF groups that I've seen are farm groups and require a clear to join. Anyway, can anyone here help, then? I play on Ultros but I'm on another FC.
I've gotten up to Twisters on the DF... but probably most of that party was pre-made. Everyone seems to mess up on the second set of divebombs. And I don't think "mercing" (...is that what it's called? idk) is necessarily wrong, but eh... I'm not that desperate.

Yeah I'm always around to help for stuff like this on Friday nights, starting around 9 eastern if you're on then. What's your name ingame?

aceface

Oh, thanks! I'm Gylbart Saint. Not sure if I'll be on this friday, though.

Who wants to help run a first coil carry? Will wear a metal bikini and race change to cat girl if required.

I'd be down for just running First Coil for the sake of learning it (+ gearing alt classes >>).

Ok well I'm Tomo Takino and I'm usually on from 9pm - 1am eastern on Ultros on Fridays and am up for doing whatever so let me know or speak up in FC chat if you want some first coil fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom