• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRNG

They already got stealth from the gathering classes.

For crafting, make every attack give one stack of inner quiet, 99 Byregot's Blessing one shots the Avatar.

plake

600K is a bit more typical, plus there's a bit of interest.

Also, I'm expecting Materia prices to fall slightly be then. The markets on Ultros are still a bit inflated by CL leaving, and buying up everything in sight on their way out.

Why is CL leaving? Drama?

iammeiam

Speaking of cross-class pipe dreams, let DoL cross class a resurrection spell. It's just annoying to wait out the class change cooldowns when some poor bastard dies on an Alex map while I'm fishing or mining.

Sorian

Banned
Why is CL leaving? Drama?

I run away when Drama is around too. She's scary.

Speaking of cross-class pipe dreams, let DoL cross class a resurrection spell. It's just annoying to wait out the class change cooldowns when some poor bastard dies on an Alex map while I'm fishing or mining.

Switched to scholar when I saw someone die in an Alex map hoping I might be able to get them up in time after my cooldown. Guy sent me a whisper cursing me out because I was "taunting" him instead of just resing him already. Peaced right out of there, don't got time for assholes.

WolvenOne

Any TP Regency skill would be nice, especially for Monks, (they don't have access to invigorate right?)

Sadly any new Rogue cross class skills are indeed unlikely to benefit Warriors. I rather hope they rework the cross class system to give each class a slightly greater range of skills to choose from.

Still sore Wars can't use Invigorate, or Keen Flurry.

Monks do get to use Invigorate. Still run out of TP in a 100% uptime rotation, even without using Fracture, but with a bard it's fine.

Don't know if other classes will be able to cross class anything from rogues. That'd give them more cross class skills than other classes. Or they could make every class able to, but that also sounds weird. I could see rogue not sharing anything until the expansion.

scy

Ok well I'm Tomo Takino and I'm usually on from 9pm - 1am eastern on Ultros on Fridays and am up for doing whatever so let me know or speak up in FC chat if you want some first coil fun times.

Missed replying to this earlier but yeah, I'll (Rin Windrider) be down for that this Friday. Can help for some T5 clears too, though still only OT'd the fight. Just sort of want to see T1-T4, though I guess I could always just DF that anyway.

Not Bara level tho. XD

Nobody goes Bara deep

Yup, I was doing this and I was very disappointed in tanks who weren't expecting it. The HMs and cape west wind are already mindless enough, don't make me wait too.

Generally, I say Hi in party and then go. Unless there's a new player bonus myth message. Then I still go but feel sort of bad about it
but not really

Will say this Nexus grind has done wonders for getting over any "nervousness" towards pulling bosses hohoho.

Sorian

Banned
Generally, I say Hi in party and then go. Unless there's a new player bonus myth message. Then I still go but feel sort of bad about it
but not really

Will say this Nexus grind has done wonders for getting over any "nervousness" towards pulling bosses hohoho.

Ifrit is the best to pull because it's easy to make the tank feel bad about their aggro gaining abilities.

scy

If I can't snap back an early pull when I'm already in Shield Oath, I should feel bad.

Hell, most the time I should be able to grab it pretty fast in Sword Oath.

does anyone still have issues with armor drop rates in dungeons? i've only been doing daily roulette and have almost everything i wanted and much more. classes i rarely play.

Sorian

Banned
If I can't snap back an early pull when I'm already in Shield Oath, I should feel bad.

Hell, most the time I should be able to grab it pretty fast in Sword Oath.

I didn't have time for nonsense during the nexus grind so right when I got myself into fire stance, it was raging strikes time.

WolvenOne

I take a moment to look at the party first, at least during Roulette. If I see an less geared healer, and the other tank is geared for DPSing, I'll switch to Vit accessories and main tank.

On this subject, it rather annoys me when most paladins try to DPS instead of maining, at least in Roulette. Yeah, competent paladins can do it just fine, but if the healers are under geared and I'm in Vit gear, all that Rage of Halone spam can get irritating.

Wars at least have a decent dps combo that doesn't apply additional emnity, so we're generally better suited for the spare DPS role.

Also, yes, talented PLDs can avoid this by working in some riots blades. Again though, this is Roulette, and a lot of PLDs won't do anything but spam Halone.

Also, yeah I can typically hold emnity just fine like this, but it makes it much harder to keep up the slashing resistance debuff, so both Tanks end up doing less than optimal dps.

... This turned into a longer rant than I expected.

BadRNG

Any TP Regency skill would be nice, especially for Monks, (they don't have access to invigorate right?)

Sadly any new Rogue cross class skills are indeed unlikely to benefit Warriors. I rather hope they rework the cross class system to give each class a slightly greater range of skills to choose from.

Still sore Wars can't use Invigorate, or Keen Flurry.
As was said, MNK can use invig, all three TP dps can. They would all be screwed without it in the longer end game fights.

LNC should of been the WAR third class instead of PGL. Makes way more sense.

Valor

WAR doesn't need TP regen, because you get time off with Pacify and free off GCD at will with Inner Beast and Stun attack.

scy

I take a moment to look at the party first, at least during Roulette. If I see an less geared healer, and the other tank is geared for DPSing, I'll switch to Vit accessories and main tank.

Well, if I have time to look... :x

On this subject, it rather annoys me when most paladins try to DPS instead of maining, at least in Roulette. Yeah, competent paladins can do it just fine, but if the healers are under geared and I'm in Vit gear, all that Rage of Halone spam can get irritating.

Depends on the Primal. Generally, I go in expecting to tank (barring, say, Mog HM) and have my Tank and DPS sets ready to swap pre-pull. Though, a lot of this is just due to my "DPS" set being i90 Myth stuff since I haven't had the time to build a real set of gear lol.

WAR doesn't need TP regen, because you get time off with Pacify...

Use that time to yell at the Healers.

Ken

gilgamesh has DnT but i dont see the point when they already got DnT dudes to come to ultros

maybe they needed same server competition?

WolvenOne

WAR doesn't need TP regen, because you get time off with Pacify and free off GCD at will with Inner Beast and Stun attack.

I run low on TP as a WAR all the time. In dungeons it's because Black Mages expect you to Overpower all the things, all the time, and useually play accordingly. I can mitigate this with the occasional Flash instead, but I'd like to retire that skill from the cross class bar someday.

In boss battles and raids, the issue is the same as it is for Monks and Dragoons. Pacification is no substitute for Invigorate, and if your healer is inclined they can Esuna that away regardless.

We do last a little longer, since Inner Beast is indeed TP free, but in a long battle with little downtime, we'll easily run out of TP too.

The problem will of course, become more pronounced, once War can stack enough Skillspeed to fire off an additional Inner Beast off during Berserk, without completely crippling our Determination Stat.

And that could very well happen in 2.4. Heck, you could probably do it now with the right combination of Materia and crafted accessories.

docbon

Yeah, I don't think I have the fortitude to grind out the rest of this relic quest.

Game mechanics that encourage you to twiddle your thumbs for 2-4 hours in one spot waiting for a FATE to pop instead of actually playing the game? and I have to do this multiple times? Suck my dick yoshit p.

5PwDr8R.png

1qMy5xh.png

Ken

spell speed is beast

the difference between my two SMNs in how much i can fit in one raging strikes is illuminating

Ken

He's probably joking but might actually be on to something here

Must test for science

Though the amount of SS you'd have to stack for this to be true

Not sure if worth it

Well, being able to squeeze in a second Fester before Raging Strikes ends is pretty nice. Whether or not that one extra RS Fester is worth higher DET/CRIT dots I don't know.

I have a decent amount of SS because mask and boots won't drop.

Isn't spellspeed irrelevant for Fester since it's off the GCD instant anyway so not affected by cast speed and spellspeed doesn't affect the cooldown, meaning you'll get the exact same amount. Best thing you'd get is one more ruin.

scy

I can't wait for the day that Spell Speed / Skill Speed becomes the best.

if only so I can sell these materia

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So for those who have actually bought a personal house... was it worth it for you?
Now that there's again some money to my name (damn those swimsuits sell fast) I'm contemplating rushing to Lavender when 2.4 happens (because leaders of our FC would rather prefer boring Goblet for the company) but I'm really having a hard time convincing myself it's worth the effort and money.

BadRNG

So for those who have actually bought a personal house... was it worth it for you?
I guess? Maybe the bigger question is what I would of done with the gil had I not bought the house. I probably wouldn't of bought if it would of left me broke, but I still have a comfortable amount.

I decorated the wall/floor but haven't gotten around to doing the rest yet. The main draw for me was the garden, which is a big gil and/or time sink itself. I don't regret buying it, and making my own choco food is nice, but if you don't have extra gil to spend I'm not sure it's worth it.

scy

Both are viable stats depending which class/job you ask.

I thought BLM was pretty much it, barring fringe case MNK and then WAR to +1 GCD in Berserk breakpoint.

The moment they make SS affect cds and tp regen is when it's value skyrockets pretty much.

Think at this point it's more an issue with the amount you can reasonably stack isn't enough to matter with current encounter design.

...and, well, if it did what you said then it'd be absolutely stupid good.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I thought BLM was pretty much it, barring fringe case MNK and then WAR to +1 GCD in Berserk breakpoint.

Spell Speed is useful to WHM in large amounts.
PoM+DS+as much SS as you can get = cures for days bye mana
Or maybe I'm just traumatized by all these times PoM was on CD and I couldn't get a cure 2 in in time before the tank got his face clawed off by Nael-chan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom