• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading all these negative comments online about Dragoons, the players being dumb, the class dying constantly and people not wanting to raid with them...I've got a complex now. Every time I die I start thinking it's because of the class. I feel super self-conscious going into a raid I haven't done before. I passed up a dungeon today because of it. "Nah, not now...I should go get better gear first."

Like I'm seriously about to drop it and go tank.

Reading all these negative comments online about Dragoons, the players being dumb, the class dying constantly and people not wanting to raid with them...I've got a complex now. Every time I die I start thinking it's because of the class. I feel super self-conscious going into a raid I haven't done before. I passed up a dungeon today because of it. "Nah, not now...I should go get better gear first."

lol. drg's are fine, every class has dumb players that wipe constantly. I will say that all the end game drgs do get cleaved a lot for some reason. Example myself when I was one and "The Last Dragoon" endcat

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
SO I am leveling crafting skills. Have Weaver, Goldsmith and Culinarian at 50

Of Armorer, Blacksmith, Leather worker, Carpenter and Alchemist, which has the best lvl 50 cross class skill? I am thinking Carpenter.

iammeiam

The alternative would be not going DRG and then knowing every time you die it's not the class at fault, so then you wonder if the real problem is just that you're a bad. That doesn't really feel better.

SO I am leveling crafting skills. Have Weaver, Goldsmith and Culinarian at 50

Of Armorer, Blacksmith, Leather worker, Carpenter and Alchemist, which has the best lvl 50 cross class skill? I am thinking Carpenter.

Carpenter by far, Byregot is the best cross class skill, though Culinarian is better as a job overall because it gets you 2 good cross class. Alchemist 50 is nice after that, LW is mostly I think 15 or 37 whichever gets you Waste Not, Armor and Blacksmith are kinda meh until endgame crafts(Ingenuity 2 for 1star and higher, Piece by Piece for 3star).

scy

I feel super self-conscious going into a raid I haven't done before. I passed up a dungeon today because of it. "Nah, not now...I should go get better gear first."

As a tank with a similar complex, not necessarily sure being a tank helps that :x

Most the DRG joke is that it's easy to get killed due to jumping during an AoE and being unable to get out of it. And then low Magic Resist but most of that damage is avoidable / tuned for you to survive it anyway.

WolvenOne

Dragoons are kinda an odd class, and they probably could use a subtle Buff. Thier magic defense is indeed pretty low, not so low that the class is unplayable, but Dragoons need to be a lot more careful to avoid damage than monks. This is somewhat glaring, as thier toolset suggests that they are supposed to be a sort of Tank-lite.

Second, thier base non burst damage is dramatically inferior to monks. Thier burst is amazing, but takes a fair degree of skill to fully utilize, and doesn't fully compensate for the lower base-line, especially in longer fights.

Basically, DRG needs slightly higher defense, and the potency of its basic rotation could use a subtle Buff.

Nothing major though, Dragoon isn't a fundamentally broken class, it just needs balancing.

Sorian

Banned
For every bad dragoon, there is a bard who has back flipped off the Titan arena. I wouldn't worry about it.

Edit: also a bard who has back flipped into the death wall in T5.

BadRNG

The loldrg thing is a joke, I wouldn't take it too seriously. Anyone who'd seriously not want to raid with you because of your class is not worth raiding with to begin with. Can't imagine how insufferable learning a fight with someone like that would be. There's bad players on every job, sometimes unbelievably bad, and it's going to shine through no matter what class they are on. There's nothing inherently bad with DRG, though I will say it requires a lot more practice in my experience and the difference between good/bad players is night and day as the rotation isn't obvious just from glancing at the skillset like it is for most classes. If you are dying more as DRG you don't know the mechanics and will probably die no matter your class, with major exception being knowing fights well enough to know when it's safe to use Jump, but that should become obvious after a single run through.

I can't imagine tanking being any less stressful if you are worried about what people will think on new content.

Sorian

Banned
The loldrg thing is a joke, I wouldn't take it too seriously. Anyone who'd seriously not want to raid with you because of your class is not worth raiding with to begin with. Can't imagine how insufferable learning a fight with someone like that would be. There's bad players on every job, sometimes unbelievably bad, and it's going to shine through no matter what class they are on. There's nothing inherently bad with DRG, though I will say it requires a lot more practice in my experience and the difference between good/bad players is night and day as the rotation isn't obvious just from glancing at the skillset like it is for most classes. If you are dying more as DRG you don't know the mechanics and will probably die no matter your class, with major exception being knowing fights well enough to know when it's safe to use Jump, but that should become obvious after a single run through.

I can't imagine tanking being any less stressful if you are worried about what people will think on new content.

Well their shit magic defense is a weird difference between them and others.

There is a guy on my server (Balmung) named Super Mario.

This happened:

Ffxiv_mario.jpg

Ken

Unable to obtain Amon's coat.
Unable to obtain the flask of oil of time.
Unable to obtain the unidentified Allagan tomestone.

look what you've done yoship

--

woah is it really possible to win two sands in one week?

Miso Gloomy rolls Need on the pinch of sands of time. 45!
Mizuki Miyakua rolls Need on the pinch of sands of time. 16!
You roll Need on the pinch of sands of time. 98!
Zephsace Woodsoul rolls Need on the pinch of sands of time. 88!
You obtain a pinch of sands of time.

Unable to obtain the unidentified Allagan tomestone.
Unable to obtain the flask of oil of time.
Miso Gloomy rolls Need on the pinch of sands of time. 81!
Mizuki Miyakua rolls Need on the pinch of sands of time. 44!
You roll Need on the pinch of sands of time. 79!
Zephsace Woodsoul rolls Need on the pinch of sands of time. 86!
Zephsace Woodsoul obtains a pinch of sands of time.
If I rolled the winning roll on both I wonder if it would void the second sand?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Another bow...
Well, my luck was bound to run out.
Got two accs this week, a summer halter which sold in a flash and rolled 99 on Throne Gem.
So it's not all bad.

Ken

Yeah I've done a similar thing Ken, no idea if you can win two as I lost the second roll though.

yeah normally you can't roll on the second item at all if you win one, but since I hit need on both before the rolls completed, i was surprised to see that both of my rolls were counted despite winning one

docbon

We have a coil group that needs a paladin tank, along with one melee / two ranged dps. I'd prefer a bard / summoner for ranged DPS, and anything other than a dragoon for melee.

We don't have a schedule set up at the moment, but we're aiming to get together around 6-7 pm EST three days out of the week. Will probably be running for 2~ hours on these nights.

If you're interested, send me a PM. I'll post this on the GAF guildworks as well.

docbon

Just general preferences, broskis. Nothing is set in stone. Anyone is welcome to apply if we think we can make it work.

CRO0FOh.png

iammeiam

Holy shit has my fishing luck been comparatively awful this week.

It's like the game itself is now actively discouraging me from playing.

orion434

As primarily a crafter, I always wonder how players have alts, lol I've been thinking of starting an all Crafters FC on Ultros, I have the funds to buy any Large plot available :)

As primarily a crafter, I always wonder how players have alts, lol I've been thinking of starting an all Crafters FC on Ultros, I have the funds to buy any Large plot available :)

You should buy Plot 13 in Ward 7 of The Goblet so that you can look down on all the gaffers in The Brimming Heart!

homer-laughing.gif

Although I'm guessing you're still loyal to Gridania. :p

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Does anyone have any gathering gear melding guides that they could recommend? I want to start topping up miner and botanist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom