• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

So basically you can now get Oil / Sands from the following:

1) CT2 Final Boss
2) 3 or 2 Blood-Soaked Hunt Logs
a) These can drop randomly off Rank A or higher elite marks
b) These can be bought for a couple hundred Allied Seals.

I'm a little annoyed it became both easier but also RNG'er to get those, when we've been working so hard in Second Coil for them.

Tabris

Planning to grab the Tank Arms, and the DRG Chest/Pants, maaaaaybe the Tank headpiece too, though Accuracy/Crit is kinda an odd pair of substats for a Tank.

After that I'll be running for Sands and Oils only.

I haven't gotten a clear answer from this, whether Sands/Oils share same lockout as gear or not.

Stuck at work club reporting in!

I managed to update the Chocobo settings, finish a variety of quests, purchase a private room, and complete a single Frontline match during lunch. Frontline is really good (outside of the stupid queuing issue). We need to do a 24 man GAF group.

3 more hours to go until unbridled patch 2.3 goodness and Ramuh/CT2 tears.

So basically you can now get Oil / Sands from the following:

1) CT2 Final Boss
2) 3 or 2 Blood-Soaked Hunt Logs
a) These can drop randomly off Rank A or higher elite marks
b) These can be bought for a couple hundred Allied Seals.

I'm a little annoyed it became both easier but also RNG'er to get those, when we've been working so hard in Second Coil for them.

For everything that is in me, I have to stop myself from saying "RNG, why do they care about Rangers so much" Even though I know what it is, it still stops me every time. Sorry, back to live action!

dark_chris

8iprjoN.png

every time

10 pm est

Square really needs to do something about trolls or people like this. If you don't queue or fail to do it for stuff like this, you should be able to queue for 1-3 mins

WolvenOne

FYI: Fan Fest Ticket Sales did go live, but traffic basically shut down ticket sales, they're supposed to go back up later sometime. <_<;;

Rather hope I can grab some, I've often wanted to go to something like this.

I should have expected that Squenix would find a way to fuck up Fan Fest ticket sales.

Site hammered, only 1800 tickets available, you could buy 4, sold out almost instantly while most people timed out.

chrono01

I cannot wait to log in this afternoon/evening. Should be fun!

they removed double flare
Do you mean infinite Flare, or double Flare? I can still cast Flare at the end of my rotation, Convert, Swiftcast, Flare, and then Transpose, right? Or does Flare itself have a CD now?

IvorB

I cannot wait to log in this afternoon/evening. Should be fun!

Do you mean infinite Flare, or double Flare? I can still cast Flare at the end of my rotation, Convert, Swiftcast, Flare, and then Transpose, right? Or does Flare itself have a CD now?

I believe it's just the infinite Flare chain based on an earlier poster. Double Flare combo should still be okay.

WolvenOne

Titan EM was supposed to be getting a nerf in this patch right? Any word what the nerf was?

I'm just curious, and stuck at work. T_T

Zomba13

So with PVP does anyone know if it's better to stack the i70 PVP gear for Morale or just wear PVE Tome/etc gear of i90-100?

IvorB

Ah, okay. Thanks! That's what I was thinking, but I wanted to see for sure.

Whew. That's a relief.

Apparently it relates to this:

An issue wherein thaumaturges and black mages were able to cast multiple fire-based spells under the effect of Umbral Ice I or II.

I was also freaking out thinking they had cancelled double Flare.

iammeiam

Titan EM was supposed to be getting a nerf in this patch right? Any word what the nerf was?

I'm just curious, and stuck at work. T_T

As far as I know, no nerf he's (along with Ifrit and Garuda EX) no longer required to do the post-Ifrit primals.

Which is working out great; I ended up in a DF Levi with a pair of healers who, with 20% echo!, were still both dying before spumes.

chrono01

I was also freaking out thinking they had cancelled double Flare.
Yeah, it sounds like they just removed the infinite Flare glitch where, if you casted a Flare a few seconds after your first Umbral ice tick, you could immediately cast another Flare afterwards [the game would give you a tick of mana despite switching over to Astral Fire].

I'm okay with this, personally. Honestly, I'm surprised it wasn't hot-fixed after it was discovered.

WolvenOne

As far as I know, no nerf he's (along with Ifrit and Garuda EX) no longer required to do the post-Ifrit primals.

Which is working out great; I ended up in a DF Levi with a pair of healers who, with 20% echo!, were still both dying before spumes.

Hmm, I actually would've just assumed they nerf those fights ever so slightly. I know people hate being stuck behind them, but really it's not as if Leviathan is THAT much easier, and I'd say Mog EM is actually a little harder. So skill progression wise, they're really not doing them any favors by fast tracking them to overall harder content.

I'd just loosen up the timing on Plumes, Landslides, and so on. Give players an extra, 1.5 seconds to dodge, to compensate for lag, slower reaction times, etc. Maybe reduce the HP on the Jails and Jailers too, though really DPS shouldn't be a problem by now.

Jayhawk

So with PvP does anyone know if it's better to stack the i70 PvP gear for Morale or just wear PvE Tome/etc gear of i90-100?

Morale doesn't work in Frontlines so, PvE gear all the way. For Wolves' Den, PVP i70 gear is better than PvE i90 and about the same as PvE i100 I think.

EDIT: If the first set of Fan Fest tickets are sold out, then it sold out much quicker than I had expected. I was expecting a sellout, unlike other east coasters, but not this quickly.

Eldren

Damn, this patch sounds so good. But I'm so far behind :( maybe I should get back to my level 50 BRD and actually get on with the story and extra content. I haven't done anything after Ultima Weapon, no relic, no hard mode dungeons, primals, Hildibrand, nothing. Either that or get my THM (well, BLM) to 50 and then decide which I want to focus on. So many decisions...

Baleoce

elite mark hunting sucks right now, but only because everyone's treating it as new content instead of a weekly thing. i think it'll be fine after the post-patch rush calms down.

chris-013

Damn, this patch sounds so good. But I'm so far behind :( maybe I should get back to my level 50 BRD and actually get on with the story and extra content. I haven't done anything after Ultima Weapon, no relic, no hard mode dungeons, primals, Hildibrand, nothing. Either that or get my THM (well, BLM) to 50 and then decide which I want to focus on. So many decisions...

Don't forget you need to level up some other classes like archer for BLM and lancer for BRD !

Zomba13

Morale doesn't work in Frontlines so, PvE gear all the way. For Wolves' Den, PVP i70 gear is better than PvE i90 and about the same as PvE i100 I think.

EDIT: If the first set of Fan Fest tickets are sold out, then it sold out much quicker than I had expected. I was expecting a sellout, unlike other east coasters, but not this quickly.

Thanks. I guess I wasted my marks getting some i70 PVP equips as I don't plan on doing wolf's den, at least not lvl50 anyway. I shoulda asked the question before spending the marks instead of after lol.

creid

A post just went up on the OF that Fan Fest tickets are not sold out - they put sales on hold and will resume at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom