• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ah, Fenrir as Snowcloak boss. What a waste. Felt the same about Diabolos as well. Well known figures just tossed out there as minor hurdles with no love or story to them. =/

Yoshi and crew's use of major FF figures is very suspect. =/ Then again, they couldn't be bothered to make use of their own major primals either so this is no surprise.

studyguy

Can someone rehost, or describe what's there?
My work PC is mad restricted.

Also I'll pick up a premium stream when it goes up I guess.

Frazley

Here is the NA lodestone page on the livestream. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/65d4a985ffbfdcdff033703deda36a7387c69877

I'm curious to see costs, I'm thinking between $30-$80 for the stream, hoping for closer to the former.

From Reddit: The Piano Album is coming soon. http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/ff14/atou/ No word of minion included or not and the Amazon JP page doesn't allow you to buy it yet. 12/17/14 release date. http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00NWU1NMO/

Busy morning! My Artbook is only a few days away from being released (17th) and then shipped to me from lovely Japan! As long as Square doesn't pull a "JP code region locked" thing (they didn't with the soundtracks thankfully) we are golden!

studyguy

Ah, reddit had alternate hosts.
Nifty, that new hairstyle lol

250px-398Staraptor.png

aceface

Here is the NA lodestone page on the livestream. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/65d4a985ffbfdcdff033703deda36a7387c69877

I'm curious to see costs, I'm thinking between $30-$80 for the stream, hoping for closer to the former.

From Reddit: The Piano Album is coming soon. http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/ff14/atou/ No word of minion included or not and the Amazon JP page doesn't allow you to buy it yet. 12/17/14 release date. http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00NWU1NMO/

Busy morning! My Artbook is only a few days away from being released (17th) and then shipped to me from lovely Japan! As long as Square doesn't pull a "JP code region locked" thing (they didn't with the soundtracks thankfully) we are golden!

Include that Odin mount and you have a deal square.

Munba

The main story should become interesting more and more now (especially if they link new dungeon snowcloack, shiva and stuff into it), i'm looking forward to it.

Shandy

Hey, Eorzea-GAF. I'm a new player (I guess it's been about a week) and I've spent the last couple of days levelling up a character on Ultros so I seem slightly less pathetic.

EaoKOsT.png

Yona Falconfist, Punch Enthusiast, says hi.

I'm a level 21 (22? 21? 20-who cares) pugilist at the moment. I look forward to meeting some of you in-game. I've seen a few GAF members here and there already. Haven't said anything, though, since I'm a bit on the shy side and it would have been weird since I hadn't introduced myself yet.

Hey, Eorzea-GAF. I'm a new player (I guess it's been about a week) and I've spent the last couple of days levelling up a character on Ultros so I seem slightly less pathetic.

I'm a level 21 (22? 21? 20-who cares) pugilist at the moment. I look forward to meeting some of you in-game. I've seen a few GAF members here and there already. Haven't said anything, though, since I'm a bit on the shy side and it would have been weird since I hadn't introduced myself yet.

No one really cares about what level you are, feel free to join the guild...=p

iammeiam

II want a 2.4 gathering changes preview. I have like 1.3 million banked, and can probably hit 2 before patch without much effort, but if the next rod is going to be another gil sink, or if I have to buy and meld new accessories, that might not cover it. And I like being BiS on something, so would hate to lose it.

I'm totally fine with fishing and CUL desynth remaining useless vanity only, since it's an entertaining enough side system, so I'd also like to see new vanity gear.

II want a 2.4 gathering changes preview. I have like 1.3 million banked, and can probably hit 2 before patch without much effort, but if the next rod is going to be another gil sink, or if I have to buy and meld new accessories, that might not cover it. And I like being BiS on something, so would hate to lose it.

I'm totally fine with fishing and CUL desynth remaining useless vanity only, since it's an entertaining enough side system, so I'd also like to see new vanity gear.

The economy must be protected

WolvenOne

Man, it didn't occur to me that we were already within two weeks of the Fan Fest. I better step things up and get the final few things ready to go. XD

Also, on Fenrir being a mere dungeon boss, rather than a primal or whatnot. Yeah that's a little frustrating, but Fenrir isn't a big mainstay like Ifrit, Shiva, and Ramuh, so I won't let it get to me too much.

Besides, maybe they'll do something with Diabolos and Fenrir later. It's already been heavily implied that the Diabolos we've fought was a shell of it's former self, so maybe we'll fight a fully revived Diabolos at some point.

*shrug*

Valor

Ah, Fenrir as Snowcloak boss. What a waste. Felt the same about Diabolos as well. Well known figures just tossed out there as minor hurdles with no love or story to them. =/

Yoshi and crew's use of major FF figures is very suspect. =/ Then again, they couldn't be bothered to make use of their own major primals either so this is no surprise.

Fenrir is a major FF figure? Since when? Those two times you're able to summon him? That shit add-on to Cloud's emo identity in AC onwards?

Siren and Diablos are B-rank summon celebrities, and that's being kind. Them being used an end-of-dungeon bosses are way more interesting than the way they've treated either Odin or Behemoth, which are just zerg-fest world events that no one cares about.

Instead they added Siren/Diabolos and Fenrir now as part of the not-rehashed dungeon going experiences for each of the new patches. It's just fanservice. Nothing wrong with that.

chrono01

Hmm, assuming the stream isn't too costly, I can see myself purchasing it [if only for that Moogle Suit/Nightmare Fuel].

If it's more than $30, though...

chrono01

Why does this price seem likely? :(

Well okay, if it's $29.99 OR $30.00, I might have to pass. Honestly, $19.99/$24.99 seems like the right area for me, but seeing something in the range of $29.99/$30.00+ wouldn't surprise me at all.

iammeiam

Why does this price seem likely? :(

Well okay, if it's $29.99 OR $30.00, I might have to pass. Honestly, $19.99/$24.99 seems like the right area for me, but seeing something in the range of $29.99/$30.00+ wouldn't surprise me at all.

I'm trying to put a pricetag on being part of a roaming pack of Lalafell in Moogle costumes, swarming over the land like locusts, and I just can't.

The creepiness alone justifies $10 extra in the price.

Jayhawk

I'm trying to put a pricetag on being part of a roaming pack of Lalafell in Moogle costumes, swarming over the land like locusts, and I just can't.

The creepiness alone justifies $10 extra in the price.

What if it costs $1000?!

I don't think the world is ready for a cat-girl in a Moogle costume spamming /grovel.

iammeiam

What if it costs $1000?!

The fact that I paused to actually consider the answer to this question is probably a really bad sign.

at $1000 they price it too high for enough people to buy it on all servers to form Lala swarms, so my primary temptation is removed.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So whats the state of the game currently? Been itching to come back and mess around a bit, but I had quit within a couple weeks of 2.3 when the game had pretty much degraded to "hunts are the only content anyone is doing". Has it improved any?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So whats the state of the game currently? Been itching to come back and mess around a bit, but I had quit within a couple weeks of 2.3 when the game had pretty much degraded to "hunts are the only content anyone is doing". Has it improved any?

Hunts got nerfed a bit and Yoshi-P made Ramuh actually worth doing. Along with Sycrus Tower.

studyguy

Male Highlander and Roe hairstyles are still underpowered and need a buff.
YoshiP hates us.

Tabris

I really wish they made the racial differences much larger. Have them scale with your level.

I would like to see more Elvaan's or whatever they are called, and a lot less cat girls.

iammeiam

Because what this game really needs is to invite drama and bitching every time somebody chooses to play a class on anything other than the optimal race. Too many DF runs pass without people hurling invective at one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom