• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorian

Banned
Relic nerf will come in a couple ways I'd imagine:
* +1 Relic mat costs lowered to almost nothing
* Atma chance raised eventually
* Animus requires less books eventually
* Novus Alexandrite costs lowered for trade ins
* Nexus just takes less time

I mean there are a fuckton of ways it can be moved along faster, but they'll probably do none of that and simply add another step because fuck you, please look forward to it.

A part of me wants them to keep it ridiculous so that the eventual whining will be less when the final relic incarnation blows all other weapons out of the water.

iammeiam

The problem with removing books, is that undoubtedly some people will already have the books in thier inventory when they're patched out.

Changing Novus so you can meld more 1-3s could work, but I tend to think that simply increasing the tier 4 supply would do it better. The prices are already dropping, albeit slowly, so it wouldn't take too much of a supply increase to put the market price back to some point where casual players could potentially afford it.

I still think they should introduce Allied Rings of X (Savage Aim, Savage Might), to be purchased with allied seals, that gives 100% drop rate of tier IV materia of X type when converted. Drastically increase the supply, keeps hunts semi-relevant, etc. yes it would blow up the tier IV market, but the tier IV market is crazy and deserves it.

studyguy

I'm honestly curious as to how long the Relic quest will even go.
I mean I'd say too many steps is ridiculous but as it stands we're already pretty far along that path. Super Rare EX Plus ALPHA II TURBO Relics.

At that point I feel like they're just going to go, oh check it out we found these other relics! RELIC 2: Electric Boogaloo and the whole thing starts over rather than builds

Sorian

Banned
I'm honestly curious as to how long the Relic quest will even go.
I mean I'd say too many steps is ridiculous but as it stands we're already pretty far along that path. Super Rare EX Plus ALPHA II TURBO Relics.

At that point I feel like they're just going to go, oh check it out we found these other relics! RELIC 2: Electric Boogaloo and the whole thing starts over rather than builds

Pretty sure the smart money is these relics will go all the way to expansion and then new ones will be found when the level cap increases. The real kick in the balls will be if they make you turn in your completed zodiac relic to start the new relic chain.

studyguy

Pretty sure the smart money is these relics will go all the way to expansion and then new ones will be found when the level cap increases. The real kick in the balls will be if they make you turn in your completed zodiac relic to start the new relic chain.

That's what worries me, like they'll just go...
Oh? What those old n busted relics?
Naw toss them, you don't need them to start these brand new ones.

Like not even joking my money is them giving you like a hat and an achievement if you complete the old relics assuming they just hand you new ones that don't require the old.

Sorian

Banned
That's what worries me, like they'll just go...
Oh? What those old n busted relics?
Naw toss them, you don't need them to start these brand new ones.

Yeah but the alternative is these quests become longer and longer and alienate new players even more. It's easy for someone who's been playing since launch or close to launch to shrug it off but these weapon must be absolutely terrifying to new players.

You're required to move up tiers. For instance, a 44 stat (e.g., Crit) you have to slot 11 of each. You don't have a choice.

Oh I see, I'm still on books, assumed it worked like materias with the % chance going down instead of up by increasing materia ranks and so you ended up having to use IVs in the last slots to get it done. Sounds even worse than I thought it was. Still I'm sure there's a few ways to fix it without touching the materia drop rate itself, by unlinking the alexandrites and the actual stats on the weapon for example(so you don't need 1materia+1alex for +1stat necessarily).

Watch Patch 2.4 arrive the same day as Naruto ends. That would be so legendary.

I would stream all day with the best Naruto music tracks playing...

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Good times in T7

ffxiv_10072014_211743m8xjt.png

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I now have collected every Healing loot from 6 through 8. None from 9 however.
Oh boy. Happy farming days ahead.

So when I do my initial pull as WAR, what should I use? Usually run in with Tomahawk and then Overpower twice.

...On a single target or group?

Why would you overpower a single target...just infuriate, unchain, tomahawk and start your BB combo. You should have solid threat once skull sunder hits, BB will seal it. Just do that twice then you can toss in a Storm's eye combo or path to get maim up before another BB combo. After that there shouldn't be an issues at all barring gear discrepencies

Ken

...On a single target or group?

Why would you overpower a single target...just infuriate, unchain, tomahawk and start your BB combo.

i think overpower supposedly has a higher emnity multiplier than even tomahawk so in terms of emnity generation it'd be a better starter than tomahawk

but i didnt look too deep into it and i doubt the difference matters

iammeiam

Perfectly functional ST is really, really boring. Get in, kill everything, get sands, get out.

This game is just no fun without hilarious wipes.

i think overpower supposedly has a higher emnity multiplier than even tomahawk so in terms of emnity generation it'd be a better starter than tomahawk

but i didnt look too deep into it and i doubt the difference matters

OP modifier seems to be up in the air between 4x and 5x. Either way though I wouldn't use it more than once at a start of a single pull. And that would be in place of Tomohawk. After that you really shouldn't have any issue just doing a BB combo.

On PLD I don't have any issue going lob to 1-2-3 combo and those have the same modifiers and WAR's BB combo.

A toma + 2 OPs puts you at like 600 tp already which is not good for 5 seconds into what could be a 8-10 min fight

Yeah, I have had a few issues with tp with my opener. Will change accordingly!

Now to just get a better weapon so I don't lose hate to Flare happy BLM's. Or BRD's initial opening.

Qvoth

hey BLMs teach me how to BLM

go 251 piety with sch buff, even if that meant you have to re-spec
start fights with thunder 2/3 (depending on preference, i personally do t3 but cast early) > fire 3 > raging strikes > fire (use firestarter and thunder procs, if both procs online always use firestarter proc 1st) > swiftcast flare at low mp> convert > fire > blizz 3 > thunder 2/3 depending on mp

alstein

Yeah but the alternative is these quests become longer and longer and alienate new players even more. It's easy for someone who's been playing since launch or close to launch to shrug it off but these weapon must be absolutely terrifying to new players.

I just skipped it entirely and went the other direction. If the relic weapons blow everything out of the water to the point where it's necessary to go through all that grind or else, I'll just give up and stop playing.

Our healer finally got her coat in coil today.

It almost doesn't feel real. Never seeing it for so long and seeing so many damn people with it, it became a joke every week.

Those times are done. New age.

If it's really as bad as you guys says, I'll never do it.

I just skipped it entirely and went the other direction. If the relic weapons blow everything out of the water to the point where it's necessary to go through all that grind or else, I'll just give up and stop playing.

relic is pretty unnecessary. you don't need it as a casual, and you don't need it as a raider to function. there will always be -less effort- weapons of similar quality around. i just got novus recently after a very long trek. it's palatable over a longer time span. personally, i wouldn't push for it.

WolvenOne

Despite my complaints about Oddly balanced upgrade mechanics, I've rather enjoyed talking my Relic upto Nexus.

Again, my favorite step was probably Animus. A couple of the fates were annoying, but it got me out into the world, made me do some dungeons I hadn't done in a long while, and I rather like scavenger Hunts, so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom