• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

4944285060_1206_oh_god_no_why_answer_2_xlarge.png

Premade only.

About 14 days in and I am becoming my own little entrepreneur. I have leatherworking up to lv. 21 and Goldsmithing up to 18 and Mining up to 20. I ended up making my own Goatskin Belt and Goatskin boots last night which my Lancer sorely needed ( lv. 23 ). Selling materials and such has gotten me up to 50k Gil so far without much effort.

GOOD LORD MATS ARE EXPENSIVE

Can't even buy things that are sold by vendors for anything less then 9K per 99 it seems. I'll go look for something simple and end up staring at a whole bunch of 0's.

I caught an item up in the market I had been gathering funds to buy for 53K lower then it had been the day before lol. Forget the name of it but its very nice, +30 defense +30 magic defense on my lancer with materia slots. I picked it up for 7K when it once was 60K. Ended up putting it on ... hating the look of it and putting it back up on the market again lmao. I love my FoeStrikers chest piece, hard to get rid of it when the next piece was so gawt dayum ugly.

Love being able to make my own gear though. Saves me at minimum 10K for each piece I will end up needing. Recently found Iron Ore spot along with the Alumen and Abgoat(?) skin spot so I'm all set for a bit. Fun stuff scouting the world looking for those hot spots. You always know you find em when you see people all over the place killing things and mining.

Now I am making high quality items next for my crafters and gatherers. Trying to make full high quality suits for those extra points. And almost have a full set of CP jewerly and looking to meld materia for extra CP.

Orcastar

Don't buy gear, dungeon drops and quest rewards will be enough until end game.

This. All the pre-lvl 50 dungeons and quests are very forgiving when it comes to gear, especially if you're playing DPS; you don't need to be wearing the best gear available to progress. Just use quest rewards and any drops you happen to get from dungeons and you'll be fine. Buying gear from the marketplace is a huge waste of money.

alstein

Yet people continue to get hung up on it and skip working on endgame content because they need to update their relic to max...

I haven't , I just got the other lvl 110 bow. Trying to get the rest of my gear to 110 as much as possible before 2.4. Won't be able to finish due to cap.

I'm getting PVP level up there since that's my method of grinding soldiery though

If Relic ever did become super-necessary, I would probably walk before being too gimped.

aceface

Due to the fact that a couple of people from my coil group can only go on Fridays, looks like I won't be able to do Friday help nights for awhile. I'l be available to do stuff Thursday night from 9pm eastern on Ultros instead if anyone wants ex primals or T5 (or anything else really). Friday night help nights can live on if anyone else from UltrosGAF wants to do it. I'm looking at you, Haman.

Ken

Due to the fact that a couple of people from my coil group can only go on Fridays, looks like I won't be able to do Friday help nights for awhile. I'l be available to do stuff Thursday night from 9pm eastern on Ultros instead if anyone wants ex primals or T5 (or anything else really). Friday night help nights can live on if anyone else from UltrosGAF wants to do it. I'm looking at you, Haman.

Hey I'll carry the torch on help nights I'm super helpful yes of course.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Great job to our static last night. We downed T6 and we are getting solid progression in T7 in one night. Shout outs to Red and Rin Windrider for solid tanking, Rin did a fantastic job handling the voices for his first time in T7, and to Drama and Doc Bon for their great healing.

We still have some DPS openings if anyone is interested. We usually run from 7-9/10 ish.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
About 14 days in and I am becoming my own little entrepreneur. I have leatherworking up to lv. 21 and Goldsmithing up to 18 and Mining up to 20. I ended up making my own Goatskin Belt and Goatskin boots last night which my Lancer sorely needed ( lv. 23 ). Selling materials and such has gotten me up to 50k Gil so far without much effort.

GOOD LORD MATS ARE EXPENSIVE

Can't even buy things that are sold by vendors for anything less then 9K per 99 it seems. I'll go look for something simple and end up staring at a whole bunch of 0's.

I caught an item up in the market I had been gathering funds to buy for 53K lower then it had been the day before lol. Forget the name of it but its very nice, +30 defense +30 magic defense on my lancer with materia slots. I picked it up for 7K when it once was 60K. Ended up putting it on ... hating the look of it and putting it back up on the market again lmao. I love my FoeStrikers chest piece, hard to get rid of it when the next piece was so gawt dayum ugly.

Love being able to make my own gear though. Saves me at minimum 10K for each piece I will end up needing. Recently found Iron Ore spot along with the Alumen and Abgoat(?) skin spot so I'm all set for a bit. Fun stuff scouting the world looking for those hot spots. You always know you find em when you see people all over the place killing things and mining.

Now I am making high quality items next for my crafters and gatherers. Trying to make full high quality suits for those extra points. And almost have a full set of CP jewerly and looking to meld materia for extra CP.

Most people wouldn't recommend focusing on making money from crafts at that low of a level, but if you indeed want to focus on crafting that much, make sure you are using the daily turn ins and leves to level them up as soon as possible. Also there are certain cross class abilities from other crafters that greatly benefit you.

studyguy

It costs a ton more, how could you not notice???

I was talking to my girlfriend and playing on controller.
I didn't even notice till I got back to my plot and started trying to fertilize some plants and it was like NOPE NO FERTILIZER.
300k isn't really anything to me but I was like

Oh-shit-Im-okay.gif

I still need krakka roots for leveling my chocobo though... so it not all bad?
It's all bad :/

scy

If it's really as bad as you guys says, I'll never do it.

To put it in perspective, it took me around a month to go from no Relic to Nexus with only semi-poverty melds (24/31 Determination) as a new player. It let me not spend 3 weeks of my limited time of capping Soldiery (5 weeks so far since I already capped this week) so I have more Soldiery slots and a i115 weapon. Granted, I'm also crazy.

The biggest problem I had with it is how much it rewards not doing current content. Either someone at SE really wants us in HM Trials or nobody went "1 Light per minute seems good, lets make dungeons and ST worth nothing though."

Hey I'll carry the torch on help nights I'm super helpful yes of course.

pls

...Rin did a fantastic job handling the voices for his first time in T7...

time to stone the raid

iammeiam

Ideally you eat a Petrifaction from Melusine, then get voice and have it go off before the MT realizes they need to run like hell. Bonus points for surviving until Petrifaction wears off so you're technically last man standing.

Sorian

Banned
My issue with petrifaction at first was that I thought it was safe to look at the boss right when the cast finished but there was a slight delay so I would get hit. Luckily I'm almost always a fireball target so I don't think it ever caused a wipe on it's own.

studyguy

You haven't lived till you hit the entire party with a voice.
The trick is to catch the team during the time when the outside ring lights up.

Drac

Do we get bonus point for stoning both healers and proceed to kill boss 2s later or is it just cheap trick from our tank ?
What about turning as the voice goes off, stoning a blm and making the game displaying the stone gaze in two directions from the same person (one looking behind to the blm as the "real" one and the other covering both tanks and 2 other dps), resulting in a long moment of silence while people try to process what just happened (boy did I felt bad about this one >_>, first time I forgot the voice...)

Sorian

Banned
Do we get bonus point for stoning both healers and proceed to kill boss 2s later or is it just cheap trick from our tank ?
What about turning as the voice goes off, stoning a blm and making the game displaying the stone gaze in two directions from the same person (one looking behind to the blm as the "real" one and the other covering both tanks and 2 other dps), resulting in a long moment of silence while people try to process what just happened (boy did I felt bad about this one >_>, first time I forgot the voice...)

I've done this a few times, I times it almost perfectly where it looked like I stoned both tanks and our melee but no one was actually hit. Riou started freaking out then realized nothing was wrong. I don't think he noticed which direction it came from and I didn't say anything so he'd sound crazy :p

Demoskinos

So here is a fun thing I'm kind of curious about. I think I already know the answer but could a BLM cause a wipe on Turn 8 by using Convert while the Allagan Field debuff is up? I...sort of want to test this for funsies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom