• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorian

Banned
So here is a fun thing I'm kind of curious about. I think I already know the answer but could a BLM cause a wipe on Turn 8 by using Convert while the Allagan Field debuff is up? I...sort of want to test this for funsies.

Yes, the damage counts. I did it by accident once but we were in a good place and I took no other damage during my debuff so it was easy to heal through.

Ken

My issue with petrifaction at first was that I thought it was safe to look at the boss right when the cast finished but there was a slight delay so I would get hit. Luckily I'm almost always a fireball target so I don't think it ever caused a wipe on it's own.

Yeah that aspect of petrifaction is annoying. Square really ought to tighten up animation vs cast bar vs actual cast shenanigans because Lunar dynamo also suffers from ambiguous cast bars.

studyguy

I've never been hit by petrifaction.
I thought for the longest time it was broken since I actually turned to face the add once during petrifaction to see if it'd hit and nothing happened. I blame Verizon

Sorian

Banned
Could be worse... you could BLM LB3 during Titan Extreme and cause everyone to die from plumes because they can't see. >_>

I did this on my first Tex kill >_> except people dodged perfectly fine and proceeded to curse at me in mumble.

Yeah that aspect of petrifaction is annoying. Square really ought to tighten up animation vs cast bar vs actual cast shenanigans because Lunar dynamo also suffers from ambiguous cast bars.

I don't mind if there's a delay because a lot of MMOs do it where the animation is the thing you need to wait for and not the cast, I just want SE to be consistent. People complained about the same thing for ballistic missiles because the yellow circles would disappear before it was safe to move.

PowerTaxi

Banned
8 T9 Kills

1 Bow(Yay)
1 Lance
1 Summoner book
3 Fists
2 Axes

I shouldn't moan but feck, it's annoying.getting 5 weapons nobody uses.

WolvenOne

I did this on my first Tex kill >_> except people dodged perfectly fine and proceeded to curse at me in mumble.

I don't mind if there's a delay because a lot of MMOs do it where the animation is the thing you need to wait for and not the cast, I just want SE to be consistent. People complained about the same thing for ballistic missiles because the yellow circles would disappear before it was safe to move.

Ah yes, that, one of the only instances in the game where it's not safe to run back in as the animation is going off. Kinda weird considering that the game practically trains you to run into battle animations and such.

Not a huge hurdle mind you, but yeah, consistency would be nice.

Ken

ibqzbWfUtkXVuy.png

Tendo

Played on pc at launch and have taken a break since April or so. I'm interested in rejoining but on ps4. Is ps4 and pc cross play? Any major new updates besides endgame?

pablito

8 T9 Kills

1 Bow(Yay)
1 Lance
1 Summoner book
3 Fists
2 Axes

I shouldn't moan but feck, it's annoying.getting 5 weapons nobody uses.

0 T9 kills :(

Finally got a group that is willing to put the practice in, though. Working on that fire/ice/thunder shenanigans.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
[NA] FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Hotfixes (Oct. 9, 2014)

Regarding the retainer’s “quick exploration venture,” the following have been added to the list of rare items a retainer can only obtain once they are above a certain item level/gathering ability.

pot of pure white dye
pot of jet black dye
pot of metallic silver
pot of metallic gold
Oh boy

Untradable :(

There goes my plan to spam quick exploration to make millions today.

Oh really? That's weird I would have expected them to be tradeable, and as such worth millions. Maybe they'll add them to normal exploration ventures and remove the tag eventually? It's a bit weird to add something to quick ventures only, I mean some stuff is already quick ventures only like 1.0 stuff, but adding specifically stuff only to that seems curious.

Hope I can get a golden dye, then I'll craft the AF augmentation for sure, golden AF so gaudy, so good.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It is "an item most rare" which means you'll be lucky if you get one sometime this year somewhere with your shipment of enough lominsian anchovy to feed a small neighborhood for ten years.

aceface

Ooh. So there's the workaround for profiting from the new dyes. I wonder what the markup will be for the Saurian/Cashmere Stuff: Obnoxious Gold Edition.

The thing is, how would people know it's Gold? I suppose the little dot in the corner of the item icon thingie?

The thing is, how would people know it's Gold? I suppose the little dot in the corner of the item icon thingie?

Pretty much. They'd have to open up the item, scroll down to yours, then see the little dot on the tooltip, or try it on from your item rather than the search result in the main market board window. :(

If you wanted to sell a dyed item, you'd probably have to actively advertise it.

iammeiam

Pretty much. They'd have to open up the item, scroll down to yours, then see the little dot on the tooltip, or try it on from your item rather than the search result in the main market board window. :(

If you wanted to sell a dyed item, you'd probably have to actively advertise it.

If these end up a decent money-maker, I'd expect to see people taking commissions in PF. A lot depends on ultimate rarity; they don't sound super rare but unsure if everyone will get tons of all of them, or if getting the one specific color you want in sufficient quantity could prove tricky.

Jayhawk

I suppose I will use the materials I am saving up for a metallic gold version of an augmented Saurian or Cashmere body armor.

Could advertise in shout that you can craft X and Y with gold/silver dye or whatever. Like 2.0 crafting when people were always shouting about being able to make 1star/2star stuff and melding relics.

Bunch of stuff you can't craft to dye though, so guess it depends on what people want to glamour. I think BLM AF in gold is going to be fabulous.

iammeiam

I suppose I will use the materials I am saving up for a metallic gold version of an augmented Saurian or Cashmere body armor.

I think silver is going to end up being better than gold--Augmented Saurian/Cashmere Thing Glow + Nexus Glow + Metallic Silver Dye = Become Disco Ball

I've never done anything with sending my retainers out to do stuff, how do I do that?

There's a quest somewhere, though I don't remember where it starts, most likely a capital(or all of them). Limsa maybe. Anyway you do the quest then you have access to ventures. If you've never done it though, you have to level the retainers first, which takes like a long time especially if you can't spam ventures every hour.

studyguy

Wait are they through QUICK or XIV ventures?
Also most people trying to dye stuff are probably doing it on stuff they've already used.
If it's bound then you're SOL for "commissioning" a dye

Also that preview, it'sfuckingnothing.jpg

The more we ask the further it gets pushed back.
I think it was delayed to Nov iirc now.

Also I picked up XIII on steam lmao
Lightning strikes again
This a HL3 kind of thing? Lol. My friend said this month was likely, but that seemed too soon for it not having a date, but I hope it can make October.

And good on you. One of the worst FFs, but still a fun and enjoyable game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom