• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

I came to the realization long ago that I'm never going to get a primal horse.
Ever. I wanted the levi one too...

I've seen two ponies drop. Second place roll both times, IIRC. No Levi pony yet, but maybe I'll go back to obsessively DFing Levi for a few weeks. The problem is finding a slow farm group that won't kick me for general stupidity. DF is generally safe and fulfills my hilarious wipe needs. Also gives me something to do between frilled shark windows.

Kyari

The more we ask the further it gets pushed back.
I think it was delayed to Nov iirc now.

Also I picked up XIII on steam lmao
Lightning strikes again

It never had a date to get pushed from, nor does it have a date now. It'll likely be after uk fanfest. I could see it being that Tuesday or the week after.

studyguy

It never had a date to get pushed from, nor does it have a date now. It'll likely be after uk fanfest. I could see it being that Tuesday or the week after.

I have my doubts that we'll see it in Oct, but I'd be glad to be proven wrong.
The fact that we're getting some patch previews now raises my spirits, but then again XIV has crushed enough hopes.

pablito

Anyone know if there are any requirements for levequest "Big Bad Idea?" I've been doing both Grand Company leves as well as the leves from K'leytai and it refuses to show up on the list. Spent 16 allowances just trying to get it to show up and it hasn't. Starting to get frustrating.

Sorian

Banned
Anyone know if there are any requirements for levequest "Big Bad Idea?" I've been doing both Grand Company leves as well as the leves from K'leytai and it refuses to show up on the list. Spent 16 allowances just trying to get it to show up and it hasn't. Starting to get frustrating.

Sounds like bad RNG. Remember, you only need to do one leve from a quest givers list to get them to refresh their entire list. Also double check you are talking to the right quest giver and looking in the correct tab if it's a grand company one.

This is probably a double post, sorry.

scy

Oh man, they aren't going to tell us what class needs to be at 15 for ninja? I already have DRG and MNK over that threshold. Think I'm safe?

No idea on the class or the stats still! It's a secret to everyone! Watch it be like PGL + ACN / THM and they're a DEX-based class that benefits from INT for spell damage. Might as well throw in every mechanic we can here!
and all your saved gear is useless

If I remember right, that's from K'leytai so no use checking the GC Leve NPC. That only rotates a list of like 6 total quests.

Edit: And the GC Leves don't actually matter which GC you get it from. They have the same pool, the only benefit for certain GCs is a small seal bonus. They just rotate 9 quests and duplicates can appear if I recall. Just check all three tabs every refresh when you have a GC Leve for a book.

pablito

Yeah I'm doing each leve and going back one by one. 20 leves so far and it hasn't popped yet lol.

GOT IT. I'm stupid and didn't realize I had already accepted the quest eons ago and just checked it off....

Valor

It's time to shine

Edit: Oh hey, the class/job preview is up and, well, it doesn't say much.

10/10 would read again. Valuable information within including finally confirmation that Rogue AND Ninjas will both have class quests up to, AND INCLUDING, level 50. Also confirmed that you'll need an additional mystery class as well in order to presumably unlock Ninja. Please use this overflowing cornucopia of information wisely, everyone.

WolvenOne

Quest names probably haven't been localized yet. As for the subclass, well, I didn't expect them to reveal that. They probably don't want people to rush out and pre-level that class, before the patch actually hits.

I don't really agree with that move, but, it's kinda the way they've been operating.

scy

10/10 would read again. Valuable information within including finally confirmation that Rogue AND Ninjas will both have class quests up to, AND INCLUDING, level 50. Also confirmed that you'll need an additional mystery class as well in order to presumably unlock Ninja. Please use this overflowing cornucopia of information wisely, everyone.

Also, the Level 15 Rogue quest is named Rogue level 10.

Those devious bastards.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Somebody who's going to Fanfest please tell Koji-Fox to stop trying to turn ARR into World of Warcraft. This pop culture reference shit has to stop.

Nah. The localization puns are the bright spot in the darkness of poor quests and lore.

rubius01

Hey now, lets not be Russian to judgement here.

*rimshot.*

....Don't ban me.

,1294475295,dxqq4O_19274_tumbleweed.GIF

Reknoc

what is with the lame rogue quest names, fire this guy

* Quest names are subject to change.

ok good but leave:

Quest / Required Level
Rogue level 10 / Rogue level 15

edit: i'll be severely disappointed if the ninja quests don't have "no need for tenchu" and/or "Tenchu Muyo"

edit: Obi Wan Shinobi

studyguy

Most of the lore issue is that it's brought over largely from 1.0 forum posts that are kind of lost in the wind. They really do need to condense it all into some ingame feature.

Ken

You guys realize that ninja preview only exists to show off those screenshots that could have been viewed since like last week on Famitsu.

NA team pls.

Demoskinos

Most of the lore issue is that it's brought over largely from 1.0 forum posts that are kind of lost in the wind. They really do need to condense it all into some ingame feature.

Yeah,we had to have one of the members of my static explain to everyone else the significance of Nael being the final boss in Coil 2 since all of that happened in 1.0 and as you said there is little to no in game context for that stuff.

WolvenOne

Nael is actually mentioned in the 2.0 storyline, but not often.

I would agree that the game needs an in game library to explain back story and lore.

studyguy

Nael is actually mentioned in the 2.0 storyline, but not often.

I would agree that the game needs an in game library to explain back story and lore.

The full impact of Nael is pretty lost on ARR players. Unless you have context for how much of a driving force Nael was in 1.0, he's just some big bad dude people mention in passing. Even his coil appearance wasn't much to one of the newer people in my static. A lore feature ingame would be great. Someone seriously ask them at the Fanfest if they would consider adding it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yeah,we had to have one of the members of my static explain to everyone else the significance of Nael being the final boss in Coil 2 since all of that happened in 1.0 and as you said there is little to no in game context for that stuff.

I understand weekly treadmill devalues the narrative of the instances but Alisaie explains who Nael was in... Turn 7 I believe.

Short of that there's an entire bonus Blu-ray that came with the physical collector's edition that sums up the milestones of 1.0 plot development.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
How is this on PS4? Does it play and feel good?

Also, does my PC Legacy status have any bearing on PS4 if I wanted to play?

FPS in busy areas can be a bit lacking but generally it's as good as a PC version running on High. You can even use KBM!
If you attach the PS4 license to your existing account your Legacy benefits (whatever character you had on there and the subscription discount) are gonna transfer. If you by chance get a hold of a PC version as well you can play them interchangeably at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom