• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRNG

Took 6 boarskin maps (1 on me, 3 retainer, 1 opened and then one from today's gather) but got a hidden leather map.

K5t7EZR.jpg

Pretty good spoils. The map says i70 recommended, but I'm a bit above that so not sure how difficult mobs would normally be. There were like a dozen mimics just swarming me.

Took 6 boarskin maps (1 on me, 3 retainer, 1 opened and then one from today's gather) but got a hidden leather map.

Pretty good spoils. The map says i70 recommended, but I'm a bit above that so not sure how difficult mobs would normally be. There were like a dozen mimics just swarming me.

easy enough to alt tab/talk in fc chat while doing it?

Eldren

Don't forget you need to level up some other classes like archer for BLM and lancer for BRD !

I'm a BRD, I have an archer at 50 already! I actually started as THM, got to 15 and decided to try some other classes before getting into dungeons; I figured that I'd need archer for BLM anyway so I tried it out and really liked it and got it to 50 before THM. Lancer though, I still need to do that. Invigorate and Blood For Blood, right? I should get on with that, I still have a ways to go.

BadRNG

It looks so amazing. I am not even going to go sands, gotta get me that vanity chest. Can't decide yet between the DoW or tank one, both look amazing. Prefer the top part of tank but the chainmail sleeves are a bit eh. Almost at 300 seals now. might be able to get it before end of week.

Hunts are fun, but they need to scale HP like fates do. Current situation:

Sophia

Hmm... the UI could use some PvP improvements for Frontlines. Especially for healing. Better indicators of who is out of range on the party list, and an easier way of targeting the other two alliances would be fantastic.

I'm gonna try it as a Paladin now. This should be good...

Hmm... the UI could use some PvP improvements for Frontlines. Especially for healing. Better indicators of who is out of range on the party list, and an easier way of targeting the other two alliances would be fantastic.

I'm gonna try it as a Paladin now. This should be good...

A scoreboard would be nice too. Unless I'm missing something it's just integrated into the duty finder text right now.

Sophia

A scoreboard would be nice too. Unless I'm missing something it's just integrated into the duty finder text right now.

I don't think it is. All that's available is the one that appears at the end. Even more annoying as it can't be sorted by category. So it is difficult at first glance to compare how much healing I did compared to other healers.

IvorB

Yeah, it sounds like they just removed the infinite Flare glitch where, if you casted a Flare a few seconds after your first Umbral ice tick, you could immediately cast another Flare afterwards [the game would give you a tick of mana despite switching over to Astral Fire].

I'm okay with this, personally. Honestly, I'm surprised it wasn't hot-fixed after it was discovered.

I didn't manage to play much this evening but I can confirm that double Flare is still very much on the menu. :)

Aeana

The last boss of Stone Vigil HM is so easy as long as you pay attention, and yet convincing people to look at the direction the bosses are facing is super hard. Sigh.

Kenai

The last boss of Stone Vigil HM is so easy as long as you pay attention, and yet convincing people to look at the direction the bosses are facing is super hard. Sigh.

Stone vigil is the new Brayflox with a group imo. Without one? Hmmm...

Hey XIV friends <33

So I'm doing the Garuda primal for the first time (level 44) in the next day or so.. I don't want to look like a total newb to my duty (like with Titan), so does anyone have tips or something? <3

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Elite Marks are going to be impossible during the peak hours.
What's with Collision finding every mark and then BR pulling them ahead of everyone.
Enjoy those 2 seals.

WolvenOne

I did all the dungeons this morning, but I was sleepy enough that that I'm not sure I picked up all the mechanics. At a glance, most of them aren't really speed run friendly, but, yeah you might be able to do it with Stone Vigil, with the right group.

Brayflox is probably going to continue to be the go to place for speed run farms though.

IvorB

Hey XIV friends <33

So I'm doing the Garuda primal for the first time (level 44) in the next day or so.. I don't want to look like a total newb to my duty (like with Titan), so does anyone have tips or something? <3

What?? Mwah ha ha ha ha ha!!!! She's gonna kick your a*s, buddy. :) If you thought Titan was bad you're in for a real good time with that lady. Seriously, I would at least read up on the strat for fighting her otherwise it's gonna be really brutal if you go in blind unless someone is very patient to explain everything.

Edit: This should explain it for you.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I did all the dungeons this morning, but I was sleepy enough that that I'm not sure I picked up all the mechanics. At a glance, most of them aren't really speed run friendly, but, yeah you might be able to do it with Stone Vigil, with the right group.

Brayflox is probably going to continue to be the go to place for speed run farms though.
You don't even need mythflox with hunts and all the myth increases though
I hard capped myth just in one day.

What?? Mwah ha ha ha ha ha!!!! She's gonna kick your a*s, buddy. :) If you thought Titan was bad you're in for a real good time with that lady. Seriously, I would at least read up on the strat for fighting her otherwise it's gonna be really brutal if you go in blind unless someone is very patient to explain everything.

Edit: This should explain it for you.

Great thank you for the link I appreciate it.. :)

I was okay with Titan.. I just had a bit of difficulty with his aoe's that knock you off of the fighting area at first :S

Teknoman

Stuck at work club reporting in!

I managed to update the Chocobo settings, finish a variety of quests, purchase a private room, and complete a single Frontline match during lunch. Frontline is really good (outside of the stupid queuing issue). We need to do a 24 man GAF group.

3 more hours to go until unbridled patch 2.3 goodness and Ramuh/CT2 tears.

I just got from work myself. Its unlocking time! Just heard some thunder outside too...

Wilsongt

CT 2 is fun as hell. I grabbed a tomestone in the process. That's all the time I had for that moment. Will dive into the patch more later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom