• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

I think it's finally time to do the 2.3 Hildebrand stuff; I've been putting it and Postmoogle off so I'll always theoretically have something to do but... Ultros, man. That hype.

WolvenOne said:
So, basically, it just takes a lot of practice. Wish I had better advice, but tanks don't generally directly deal with those tethers all that often, and when we do it actually simplifies the fight some, since we can both break tethers and get the charge status simultaneously. Planning to take some people through that fight soon, so I should probably do some additional research I suppose. <_<;;

Practice makes sense but it's just. so. frustrating. because usually doom comes from a direction I'm not expecting and can't plan for. The DPS check in particular because I'm having a hard time getting an internal sense of how long the timer is, so the failure takes me by surprise every time (I know, I know, DPS harder.)

I should probably just shut up and be glad for any boss whose mechanics do not, at any point, involve full group stacking.

Talaysen

I don't think you need to clear anything once you're past the adds since you get the link then tank swaps, so you pretty much need 6 orbs constantly which is what I think drops. Though I guess if tanks end up extending due to an issue, you might want to clear orbs.

8 orbs drop between Rolling Thunder. It's 4 per Thunderstorm. So you do need to clear orbs.

Practice makes sense but it's just. so. frustrating. because usually doom comes from a direction I'm not expecting and can't plan for. The DPS check in particular because I'm having a hard time getting an internal sense of how long the timer is, so the failure takes me by surprise every time (I know, I know, DPS harder.)

I should probably just shut up and be glad for any boss whose mechanics do not, at any point, involve full group stacking.

I believe it's always after three Chaotic Strikes.

B-Dex

Ultros should have been the hull breaker isle boss.

Not some generic kraken. It wasn't even coloured like the FFIV one.

&#128545;

Only piece left is my bracelet. I'll get that to HQ and re-melded at some point tonight or tomorrow. Couldn't believe I got that chest piece for 5k. History shows it selling in the 50 - 60K range for a long time. Thing boosted me by 30+ defense and magic.

Don't waste your time melding low level equipment. It makes very little difference and the materia that might be somewhat useful is far too expensive to be worth wasting on low level equipment (Like a Det Tier I materia is like 7k).

Fan Fest in one week. Who is going? Friday has nothing going on thankfully, but Sat/Sun is seriously packed with panels/events.

I wonder how they will handle the panels/events, is it just get in line 2 hours before it to get inside or will they actually hand out advance tickets and stuff?

Jayhawk

I wonder how they will handle the panels/events, is it just get in line 2 hours before it to get inside or will they actually hand out advance tickets and stuff?

LINE UPS? You're supposed to scout the convention hall, wait for the panel presenters to pop, claim dibs, and then shout "GET GAF'D".

WolvenOne

So, we're indeed getting an Ultros trial.

That's nice, shame it'll probably be of comperable difficulty to Gilgamesh, and similarly it probably won't have a drop...

...Wish they'd get around to doing the whole, "The Mistrals Ballad: Battle on the Big Bridge," Greg Extreme, already. I want more Extreme level content.

Sorian

Banned
So, we're indeed getting an Ultros trial.

That's nice, shame it'll probably be of comperable difficulty to Gilgamesh, and similarly it probably won't have a drop...

...Wish they'd get around to doing the whole, "The Mistrals Ballad: Battle on the Big Bridge," Greg Extreme, already. I want more Extreme level content.

Who knows, we may get surprised with it in the coming days in the form of a preview page.

Edit: I also hope not healing confusion breaks mechanics like it does on normal mode :p

chrono01

I wonder when they'll announce the price for the Fan Fest stream. I kind of want to watch it, as well as get that nightmare-inducing Moogle costume, but not if it's ridiculously-priced.

Give us the details, Yoshida!

It's worth it for that Moogle costume.

Well, that and seeing the expansion name/release date [?] revealed live. Yes, I am being optimistic.

There's a normal stream for free too, the one you pay for is HD and shows a bunch of pointless stuff on top, mostly it's for the moogle costume I'd say.

WolvenOne

It's worth it for that Moogle costume.

Well, that and seeing the expansion name/release date [?] revealed live. Yes, I am being optimistic.

Sadly, if that's happening during the liveletter, I'll be missing it.

Shame, if the live letter started just an hour earlier I could manage it. >_<;;

WolvenOne

I think live letter is about 2.4 and developers panels about the expansion. My assumption.

Unless they have absolutely nothing to show for the expansion, I don't know why they would do it like that. The live letter will be the most heavily viewed event, it makes sense to show things off there.

studyguy

I hear for the panel they're going to only have the doors open once every 3 hours.
After you go inside there will be hundreds of seats with envelopes under them. 2% of the envelopes will be empty.

The other 98% will be filled with anthrax.
Praise be.

Allard

Unless they have absolutely nothing to show for the expansion, I don't know why they would do it like that. The live letter will be the most heavily viewed event, it makes sense to show things off there.

Live letter is explicitly the second half of 2.4 as stated right on the page for the live letter. The Expansion stuff is likely during the key note (1 hour long and at other fanfests like Blizzcon, is usually the place they showcased unannounced material) and developer panels scheduled on Saturday (specifically the 1 hour one at the end of the day, likely will talk about some of system changes scheduled for 3.0+) and maybe parts of the closing ceremony on sunday (although given previous year fanfests I expect that to be a mini concert of sorts, it is 2 hours long though). These parts are also the spots that are blocked from the free stream.

LINE UPS? You're supposed to scout the convention hall, wait for the panel presenters to pop, claim dibs, and then shout "GET GAF'D".

This is going to be the one convention where I have a press badge that I hope it lets me skip the lines to get in ahead of attendees. That would be the true essence of "GET GAF'D."

Don't worry, I'll reset the panel at 50%...

studyguy

Don't worry, I'll reset the panel at 50%...

kanye-west-steals-taylor-swifts-spotlight-2009-20140828105128-53ff09b011436.gif

THIS PANEL IS OVER

Don't waste your time melding low level equipment. It makes very little difference and the materia that might be somewhat useful is far too expensive to be worth wasting on low level equipment (Like a Det Tier I materia is like 7k).

I find it enjoyable myself. I plan on building up my own suits throughout if possible. Unless I run across dungeon gear that is just unbelievably awesome.

I understand the established peeps think it is time wasting but ... i don't plan on dying anytime soon so I'm good, thanks though lol.

scy

Crafting your own stuff is fine. I did it throughout my first character's 1-50 grind.

Melding materia, though, is just wasting money. Especially with many of them having their prices artificially inflated due to people suddenly working on Novus / Nexus weapons + nobody SBs low level gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom