• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRNG

So, guess on the release of 2.4? I am guessing after Thanksgiving.
I'd be surprised if it's that late, I'm expecting either last week of October or first of November.

Also someone ask Yoshida at the convention if we can move away from this crappy loot system.

Demoskinos

Oh man, finally got Summoner to level 50 just now. I'm totally kiting the Renauds in Turn 7 next week. This should be fun.

54387d5722c3925ba050d72b.jpg

Mairu

last week of october wouldn't be too surprising considering we're already getting a bunch of the patch preview articles going up

THIS PANEL IS OVER

That was supposed to be Natasha jumping on stage with Yoshi-P at TGS. We were robbed.

Seriously, need to get home ASAP. I am only 40 light from Nexus. I should be blind right now, but I got an upset stomach that rekt me last night and couldn't keep going.

rubius01

That was supposed to be Natasha jumping on stage with Yoshi-P at TGS. We were robbed.

Seriously, need to get home ASAP. I am only 40 light from Nexus. I should be blind right now, but I got an upset stomach that rekt me last night and couldn't keep going.

Hey, upset stomachs that wreck you are good luck. We cleard T7 while I had one.
BTW we should run T9 today. I've got the flu so we'll most definitely one shot it.

Tabris

Hey, upset stomachs that wreck you are good luck. We cleard T7 while I had one.
BTW we should run T9 today. I've got the flu so we'll most definitely one shot it.

Yeah, that was funny. It was our first clear of T7.

*Melusine dies*
Everyone - Whoooo!
Skoje - I can finally go to the bathroom!

iammeiam

Apparently my mere presence gives Melusine some kind of crazy buff.

When 2.4 hits and they nerf her mechanics into the ground, snake lady is gonna pay.

Considering their only p2p competition is coming out with an expac on November 13th, there's no chance 2.4 will be any later than that. We are getting this between the end of fanfest and the 13th, anything else is just asking for a bigger sub drop.

just cleared Ramuh ex in duty finder. good thing i didnt waste my time with the bad folks on the behemoth server

GD2wa.gif

also i thought yoshi said Urianger wont be in Western Thanalan anymore.

first week of nov is my guess.

studyguy

So one of our BRD's was afk going in and we all moved out and... I don't even know.

Neither side can attack, even the BRD in the instance.
He can't open menus or abandon.
Pls, team just left and T7 went uncleared.

Some say that BRD is still there even now.

Ken

So one of our BRD's was afk going in and we all moved out and... I don't even know.

Was he unkillable or something? Or are you saying the mobs can't attack either?

studyguy

Was he unkillable or something? Or are you saying the mobs can't attack either?

The mobs could attack, but nothing hit him.
Voices were going off and stuff but he couldn't do any damage nor could they.

Every time he tried to do an action it just said something like AETHERIAL INTERFERENCE IS AFFECTING YOU or some BS

WolvenOne

Can't, stop, laughing. XD

Tendo

Ok. I'm back and resubbed and looking to start a new character to "relearn" the game. Any classes to avoid? Any to suggest? I have a 40 something Summoner already and looking for something new. Maybe a tank?

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, that was funny. It was our first clear of T7.

*Melusine dies*
Everyone - Whoooo!
Skoje - I can finally go to the bathroom!

And wasn't Tira sick when we cleared T8? You guys missed out, I was sick on Wednesday and Thursday, we should have steamroled T9.

Ok. I'm back and resubbed and looking to start a new character to "relearn" the game. Any classes to avoid? Any to suggest? I have a 40 something Summoner already and looking for something new. Maybe a tank?

Everything's good pretty much, tanks/healers get faster queues as usual.

yaffi

Hm, I was thinking of getting back into the game; I left shortly after the Leviathan update. How difficult/time-consuming is it to catch up with people doing endgame content right now?

Hm, I was thinking of getting back into the game; I left shortly after the Leviathan update. How difficult/time-consuming is it to catch up with people doing endgame content right now?

Not hard, or time consuming, though it'll take time due to caps to weekly soldiery and stuff like that, as usual. Unless you don't mean coil2, then it takes like 3hours to catch up.

Gear reset in a few weeks though, so you could start playing again, just mess around to see new content, and once 2.4 hits you'll be more or less on equal terms with a lot of people(not quite with current hardcore raiders though since they'll probably go to coil3 right away while you'll still need to gear up a bit/find a group).

Demoskinos

Shouldn't be too bad of a catch up. You'll have 2.3 story, Ramuh, Crystal Tower and Hildebrand along with the new dungeons. Totally doable in a week. Especially if you have a group with experience on Ramuh EX.

scy

At this point, you're really just at the mercy of weekly Soldiery caps / Syrcus Tower loot lockout for gearing up to i100+. Everything up to that point is going to be really easy to catch up on.

...well, then there's the relic...

WolvenOne

At this point, you're really just at the mercy of weekly Soldiery caps / Syrcus Tower loot lockout for gearing up to i100+. Everything up to that point is going to be really easy to catch up on.

...well, then there's the relic...

Honestly, Relics beyond Zenith aren't really necessary. Mostly they are just a sign to other players that you take x or y class seriously.

I mean, once you hit Novus, assuming they're probably slotted they're certainly better than any other weapon at the same ivl, but the improvement is pretty darn subtle.

scy

Honestly, Relics beyond Zenith aren't really necessary. Mostly they are just a sign to other players that you take x or y class seriously.

I mean, once you hit Novus, assuming they're probably slotted they're certainly better than any other weapon at the same ivl, but the improvement is pretty darn subtle.

Most likely. Was more just saying that if they wanted their Relic, that catch-up will be the biggest hurdle.

Can always hope really hard for that change to the early steps!

Fraud detection alert. And don't say it was to check it out for the site. Everyone knows we only play games for 1 hour and then make up our minds about the verdict...and I see 2.7 hours there.

Wait, you actually play them?

scandalous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom