• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

im holding your hair hostage until you come back tiv!

i6DYRSodKfjcj.png

Demoskinos

Anyone have a good gardening resource? Bought a house when 2.38 launched and I think I'm finally going to get into this gardening nonsense. I have no clue what I'm doing though. Not sure where to start looking for gardening resources.

LtOrange

I am so glad I decided to give this game another chance. I have been really enjoying the content and the world SE has built. I am completely addicted.

Tendo

Ok, as I have now returned to the game how can I get reinvited to the GAF guild?

Is there a crafting guide? I never messed with it and just realized I'm in my 40's and can't equip materia. I think those are related? I feel like a dumb dumb. Any guides on those systems you can point me to?

Started a tank - level 18 so far on that. Man, I forgot how good this game is.

Ok, as I have now returned to the game how can I get reinvited to the GAF guild?

Is there a crafting guide? I never messed with it and just realized I'm in my 40's and can't equip materia. I think those are related? I feel like a dumb dumb. Any guides on those systems you can point me to?

For the FC, OP has all the info on how to join. For crafting well you can google a basic crafting guide. Affixing materias to your gear does require crafting, but it can be done by someone else, there's a feature to request melds from other people. That said in most cases you don't want to, plus materias have a bunch of caps so if you were thinking of putting for example int materias in your int gear, that's not happening. It's only good to put like vit in crafted jewelry that has only one main stat, or to put some secondary stat in some gear but some secondary stats are actually valuable due to endgame relic quests so I'd forget about the whole thing until you're 50, and even then melding is mostly for 1) the relic quest 2) crafting/gathering.

dcye

Been a good week, have spiritbonded 12 sets of gathering and crafting gear in the castrum in Wineport, tonnes of useful materia and plenty of garlean steel joints :D. Max melded my botanist and miner, started on fragrant logs and umbral rocks, close to my fishing supra due to aforementioned joints.

Starting Savage 6 this week as well, should be interesting.

dramatis

If you had applied to the GAF guild before and made an account on the guildworks site, all you have to do is find a GAF fellow in game and go to View Company Profile, where you can submit an in-game app.

If you didn't apply on the guildworks site, proceed to make an account and apply here http://neogaf.guildwork.com/recruitment as well as in-game using the method above.

yaffi

Shouldn't be too bad of a catch up. You'll have 2.3 story, Ramuh, Crystal Tower and Hildebrand along with the new dungeons. Totally doable in a week. Especially if you have a group with experience on Ramuh EX.

Well, I think there's no one left I know on the server I was/am on. So finding new people to play with might be one of the bigger hurdles.

Nohar

I guess I'm going to come back a week or two for the 2.4, despite knowing it is a bad idea for me. I just want to beat Shiva and do the Hildebrand quests (and play with a gentle soon-to-be mother who I miss).

By the way, did they fix the controller issues introduced in the 2.38 patch?

Sorian

Banned
I guess I'm going to come back a week or two for the 2.4, despite knowing it is a bad idea for me. I just want to beat Shiva and do the Hildebrand quests (and play with a gentle soon-to-be mother who I miss).

I know they've done a few hot fix patches and no one has been complaining about it so I assume it has been fixed.

Demoskinos

They fixed that like the Wed after the patch. So yes its fixed.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So all I have left in crafters to level to 50 now is Armorer, Blacksmith, and Leatherworker. Armorer is 42 and the other two are in the high 30's, maybe I'll just power through those with leaves

My gathering classes are slowly getting up there now. Botanist is lvl 40, fisher is 35, and miner is 30 (lol). I've been leveling them up slowly with the daily turn ins.

I'm not sure when I should start crafting the 1 star items. They just look so daunting.

studyguy

Very impressed with the casual coil group I've been running with. Cleared T6 no problem and very nearly blew T7 last night despite it being super late. Only get to run like once or twice a week but for a group that isn't being serious about it they make nice progress. Should clear it today after some rest. Much more fun that the serious progression group I was rolling with before.

Spirit bonded an 11-piece ilv 70 Gryphonskin set in Brayflox HM and got 3x Savage Aim IV & 2x Savage Might IV :)

Damn that sounds like some really good luck. I guess you get the mats cost back if you at least get one, so sounds not so bad, not sure how long it takes to spiritbind in comparison with just spiritbinding shitty gear at urth though. Gathering especially is ultra consistent gains, since any of the IV is 150 to 250k and the 3s are 5-50k, so you pretty much never get a loss and you can spiritbind sets in like, 15mins? I guess brayflox comes with darklight accessories to desynth though, as well as myth.

orion434

Damn that sounds like some really good luck. I guess you get the mats cost back if you at least get one, so sounds not so bad, not sure how long it takes to spiritbind in comparison with just spiritbinding shitty gear at urth though. Gathering especially is ultra consistent gains, since any of the IV is 150 to 250k and the 3s are 5-50k, so you pretty much never get a loss and you can spiritbind sets in like, 15mins? I guess brayflox comes with darklight accessories to desynth though, as well as myth.

I craft a 10-piece HQ Gryphonskin set + HQ Rose Gold Ear Screws every 8 days from Oaknots. If you meld 2x crap Materia to each piece, 3 full Brayflox HM runs will get it to 100% I need / greed everything and get 1 - 2 Battlecraft III Demateria from desynth.

I don't buy the Animal Fat unless it's under 4K, I usually get 2 - 3 Aim / Might IV per set. For the times I get 5... I'll get 0 as well... really dissapointing but in the long run it averages out, been doing this since the Ixal beast tribe gives out ilv 70 mats like water.

Nohar

I dreamt about Naja Salaheem beating Hildebrand to a pulp with her morgenstern...

Heh, I liked that gal from Treasure of Aht Urhgan.

So, I gather spiritbonding is easier / more rewarding now?

I craft a 10-piece HQ Gryphonskin set + HQ Rose Gold Ear Screws every 8 days from Oaknots. If you meld 2x crap Materia to each piece, 3 full Brayflox HM runs will get it to 100% I need / greed everything and get 1 - 2 Battlecraft III Demateria from desynth.

I don't buy the Animal Fat unless it's under 4K, I usually get 2 - 3 Aim / Might IV per set. For the times I get 5... I'll get 0 as well... really dissapointing but in the long run it averages out, been doing this since the Ixal beast tribe gives out ilv 70 mats like water.

Right but like, you could sell the mats you get from the oaknots so there's still a cost associated to it, the time you spend doing the daillies and the money you could have made from not crafting it. I thought it would spiritbind slower than that though, that sounds really quick and brayflox pops pretty fast, so that sounds nice enough since you also get the dungeon drops and myth(which makes more materials or ventures or alexandrite or whatever really).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom