• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

Looks like they're not targeting November for 2.4.
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20141014_671158.html

iUMA16anbNUda.jpg

Demoskinos

Not everyone is going to enjoy Coil, I know more people who can't stand it than those who can. The percentage of folks who actually raid is always a lot smaller than what you think

The percentage of people who actually CAN raid I'd wager is pretty small. I'd be willing to bet that like no more than 10% if that have even cleared Turn 5 much less second coil.

Shamdeo

Wow. So, next Tuesday? That's what happened with 2.2 They did a live letter and then it was released that following week.

Well, patches thusfar have released on Tuesdays and once on a Thursday:

2.0: A Realm Reborn - Tuesday, August 27, 2013
2.1: A Realm Awoken - Tuesday, December 17, 2013
2.2: Through the Maelstrom - Thursday, March 27, 2014
2.3: Defenders of Eorzea - Tuesday, July 8, 2014

This may narrow it down to one of four days:

Tuesday, October 21 (/yoshidadropmic)
Thursday, October 23
Tuesday, October 28
Thursday, October 30

studyguy

Sonova... damnit YoshiP I thought I had more time to shitter around. Had the suspicion that the expansion title might lead to something big at Fan fest getting announced. Well shit, I guess this is good news though.

Nice find btw

Eccocid

Focused DPS definitely gets mobs down faster, for a few reasons.

1: Once you're down to a handful of mobs, the damage your receiving as Tank goes down far enough that healers can get in on the DPS action.

2: With the exception of a few classes, most DPS in this game have higher potency single target move sets. This goes out the window when there's more than a certain number of enemies of course, but in this case I'm talking about small to medium sized pulls.

Additionally, while splitting combo's can definitely spare a PLD's MP, and certainly more damage than flash, the Halone combo doesn't split all that well, in terms of DPS and enmity going out. It'll do the trick, but it'd hardly ideal.

Indeed!.. I started to play as WHM now and its my first time as a healer in a mmorpg.
At lowest level dungeons all tanks were marking mobs and runs were faster and more smoother. Now i am at around level 35. I hardly see tanks mark the mobs. Which causes some problems.

1) Battles takes longer. DPS members keep switching the targets too.
2) I am spamming cure like there is no tomorrow.

If they mark i can sleep targets which means less healing, faster killing.
You may say its your job to heal why do ou care for less healing etc. Well. When there is one mob and rest is sleeping i can change my stance and do DPS too lol and it makes a difference when it comes to time we spent killing 3 pack mobs.

WolvenOne

Indeed!.. I started to play as WHM now and its my first time as a healer in a mmorpg.
At lowest level dungeons all tanks were marking mobs and runs were faster and more smoother. Now i am at around level 35. I hardly see tanks mark the mobs. Which causes some problems.

1) Battles takes longer. DPS members keep switching the targets too.
2) I am spamming cure like there is no tomorrow.

If they mark i can sleep targets which means less healing, faster killing.
You may say its your job to heal why do ou care for less healing etc. Well. When there is one mob and rest is sleeping i can change my stance and do DPS too lol and it makes a difference when it comes to time we spent killing 3 pack mobs.

In addition, late in the game at least, most enemies seem to have at least one AoE move. When you're facing a ton of enemies that means you're looking at a ton of AoE's, and even a well geared tank will get fairly low in health if he decides not to dodge any of them. With fewer mobs however, you're facing fewer AoE's, which translates into less movement, and higher DPS for everyone.

This is one of the many reasons why it's typically in your best interest for everyone to Focus down one mob at a time, *Unless again, we're talking about some of the larger pulls you see at end-game."

Granted, I can understand why a lot of Tanks don't mark. It can be cumbersome, but I've found that it's generally worth the time.

WolvenOne

Not sure why everyone is so surprised by this. Once they start putting out content previews on lodestone, upcoming patches are generally only a few weeks behind.

IMBored

I hope it's at least two weeks. Still have to clear ramuh ex for shiva and would like to at least clear T7. But, having banged my head against it for 4 hours last night, that isn't likely.

WolvenOne

I want to get T9 down before 2.4 hits please!!!

Learning the last phase now, so i hope we will pull it off.

Speaking for myself, probably not very likely. Made some progress today, but I'll need to get a bit more work before I can walk into a group and confidently state that I can make it to Heavens-fall. (My transition to the second Golems needs some work, and my transition to Heavens Fall needs a lot more.)

Still, hopefully I'll get some good progress in during the next few weeks, so I can hit those T9 practice groups that pop up the day 2.4 hits.

dcye

So how does one deal with the Alexandrite map with the Cyclops? I've gotten it the last 5 out of 6 times and I can't out dps all the adds that swarm me and I keep dying

I always just did them as WAR and killed them one at a time. I'd usually get 3 down and then I'd survive the explosions of the rest comfortably.

iammeiam

Well, patches thusfar have released on Tuesdays and once on a Thursday:

2.0: A Realm Reborn - Tuesday, August 27, 2013
2.1: A Realm Awoken - Tuesday, December 17, 2013
2.2: Through the Maelstrom - Thursday, March 27, 2014
2.3: Defenders of Eorzea - Tuesday, July 8, 2014

This may narrow it down to one of four days:

Tuesday, October 21 (/yoshidadropmic)
Thursday, October 23
Tuesday, October 28
Thursday, October 30

Almost all of my team is in India, so I'm pretty sure Diwali week is the one week I can't take time off.

So of course 2.4 will hit next week. OF COURSE IT WILL.

Munba

Access to source quality video (Access to the archived footage until March 31, 2015)? So we'll have some videos i presume (hopefully for the expansion too).

Bought. :eek:

Looks like they're not targeting November for 2.4.
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20141014_671158.html

Next Tuesday would be amazing, but I'm expecting it on the week of the 30th because suffering.

ahahahaha... no way. I really wanted that moogle outfit but that's just way too much.

So after six Atma in one day, I've been stuck in Western Thanalan for ~100 fates going by achievment progress. Still no twins Atma. There's the RNG I know and love.

Luckily, aside from daily LLDR to push THM to 26, I have nothing else I have to do with my game time and a few more weeks until Ninja.

But, yeah, coil is doing a lot to make me reconsider my choice in hobbies. So I can totally see giving it a pass.

so atma is fine while coil makes you reconsider your choice in hobbies.

yup. this fanbase.

iammeiam

Based on my 2.3 experience, the only way to run things blind is to get in immediately after patch release. I waited for full-GAF ST on 2.3 patch day, didn't make the cut, and wound up in an ST where somebody pre-explained all the bosses. I want to go into Shiva blind, dammit.

ahahahaha... no way. I really wanted that moogle outfit but that's just way too much.

I was surprised it was so cheap--was expecting $39.99 or something.

so atma is fine while coil makes you reconsider your choice in hobbies.

yup. this fanbase.

No, Atma is stupid tedious filler bullshit I'm doing largely because it's soloable and I can watch Netflix or whatever and if nothing comes out of it the only time I've wasted is my own. Coil is basically hours of feeling progressively worse about stupid mistakes and hoping my internet cuts out to just make it stop.

Get ready for GAF Gold:

YoshiP said:
Regarding the Issue with Quick Exploration Ventures
Hello everyone. This is FFXIV Producer/Director Yoshida.

I’d like to explain a little bit about an error that occurred during a recent update, which led to metallic gold dye failing to drop in quick exploration ventures. The update was intended to make all the rare dyes drop with equal probability, but due to a programming error, the last line of data failed to trigger. As the metallic gold dye came at the end of the list, this meant that it couldn’t be obtained. I’m really sorry about this.

I know a lot of you were excited about playing around with the dyes, and spent a lot of ventures sending out your retainers to find them.

By way of apology, we’ll be sending all players with active subscriptions, including internet café-only subscriptions, four pots of metallic gold dye via the Moogle Delivery Service. (This applies to full accounts only. Unfortunately, players with free trial accounts will not receive this letter.)

We’ve addressed the problem on our end, and the QA team is currently making sure everything works as it should. We’re planning to release a hotfix to correct the issue on Thursday, October 16. We’ll send out the pots of dye via the Moogle Delivery Service at the same time. As soon as we can confirm when the issue will be fixed, or when the letters will be sent, we’ll post it in Topics straight away.

Please note that this is the first time we’ve implemented this method of drop randomization. None of these changes affect drop calculations for other items, which we’ve verified to be working as intended.

I apologize again for this error, and hope the gift will go some way to making up for the problems it caused.

Thank you for your continued support of FFXIV.

Alex

No, Atma is stupid tedious filler bullshit I'm doing largely because it's soloable and I can watch Netflix or whatever and if nothing comes out of it the only time I've wasted is my own. Coil is basically hours of feeling progressively worse about stupid mistakes and hoping my internet cuts out to just make it stop.

While I feel that raiding in XIV is rather ]token, amateurish fare nothing ever comes from pushing yourself to burn out in one of these games. You really should not force yourself to do any content in an MMO that you don't want to do. I've seen some people really make themselves miserable in games over the years by doing so, especially ones who feel obligated by nagging guilds.

It is a thing I've never been able to fully relate with. Hell, even when I was doing competitive, bleeding edge content in another game way back when If I ever felt hassled into showing up for something I couldn't comfortably schedule my internet stopped working... just like that! What a bizarre phenomena.

studyguy

20 bills for the HD stream?
In!

Also 21st or the 28th for the patch would be nice. I expect the latter more than the former. Hopefully they whip out an announcement at the Fanfest, PATCH NEXT WEEK GET HYPE, but a patch on the 28th seems just as likely. Anyway good stuff. My casual coil group almost burned down T8 in a couple tries. Some of them just need to gear out more and it's a wrap.

dramatis

T6 savage downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn~
Congrats.
Based on my 2.3 experience, the only way to run things blind is to get in immediately after patch release. I waited for full-GAF ST on 2.3 patch day, didn't make the cut, and wound up in an ST where somebody pre-explained all the bosses. I want to go into Shiva blind, dammit.
If you're blind you're a useless bard though, can't hit anything.

Could probably still kite.

dcye

Wow. Just... wow. How do you get through each day without crumbling under the pressure of existing

Valor

I want to go into Shiva blind, dammit.
Hopefully you don't get cold feet when it's time to go.

Coil is basically hours of feeling progressively worse about stupid mistakes and hoping my internet cuts out to just make it stop.
</3

Gotta let the dumb mistakes go, otherwise they eat you up inside. #lifelessons #butmostlybardlessons #becausebardsfuckupthemost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom