• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorian

Banned
I'm in for the HD stream of the live letter and the disgusting moogle outfit that will make Roou cringe during our coil runs.

WolvenOne

Ugh...20 bucks for HD streams of ALL the events?

Reconsidering now...

Hmm, considering I'm actually going, probably not. Sure I'll miss the Live Letter and closing event, but, I'm catching those at the airport via my cellphone. Seeing as I'll be watching on a lil 4 inch screen, I don't think the jump to HD would be worth it.

studyguy

Is the live letter going to be translated?
It should be right? I mean they're in Vegas for Christ's sake.
They have the localization crew there too for that matter.

Jayhawk

If the live letter won't be translated live, then it will be the same experience I had at TGS where I didn't understand what was being said.

By the way, assuming that the gold dyes are going to be mailed out per character like rewards usually are, now would probably be a good time to make a bunch of alts to maximise your gold dye haul. :V

Jayhawk

I also assume we will have 0 stage rushing.

Again.

Maybe the fan fest will have fewer to no security guards at the live letter and a big enough space for the viewing audience, so that somebody would actually have room to rush the stage. My bags of loot were already in the way of other people at the TGS crowd and any sort of movement would have probably resulted in people dropping their phones/tablets that they were watching the live letter on.

WolvenOne

By the way, assuming that the gold dyes are going to be mailed out per character like rewards usually are, now would probably be a good time to make a bunch of alts to maximise your gold dye haul. :V

Why?

They're unique/untradeable items. It's not as if you could transfer them back to your main character afterwards.

Yea, I just cancelled my reservation and subbed to the stream. I have a lot of stuff I need to get through this weekend for work and missing Friday as well probably isn't the best idea. I really wanted to go, but this stream option means I can still follow the updates and provide some coverage (probably easier since I'll be able to do updates faster from my home).

Riou - We should really see if we can get into T9 on Sat/Sun if possible in addition to tonight/wed/thur. We likely only have 2 more weeks to clear it before the patch. It's go time.

Sorian

Banned
Riou - We should really see if we can get into T9 on Sat/Sun if possible in addition to tonight/wed/thur. We likely only have 2 more weeks to clear it before the patch. It's go time.

I'm game, we haven't run enough lately for my tastes.

Edit: sorry, I'm game Sunday, can't do Saturday unless it's super late my time so like after 8pm PST

Frumix

Suffering From Success
How can they even meaningfully nerf T9? Remove Earthshock perhaps? That's not such a big deal. Would be cool if they'd make it so you can't accidentally fuck up HF -> Favor transition but that's kinda wishful thinking.

Sounds like a lot of work, considering these dyes will probably be fairly common in another month or two.

That's like a million years in internet time.

How can they even meaningfully nerf T9? Remove Earthshock perhaps? That's not such a big deal. Would be cool if they'd make it so you can't accidentally fuck up HF -> Favor transition but that's kinda wishful thinking.

A save point after Mega-Flare would be nice.

studyguy

Good lord the Korean launch...
CDlyNnu.jpg
whew.png

WolvenOne

Aside from reducing the HP of certain adds, or conversely, reducing the potency of certain attacks, I can't really think of any T9 mechanic that can really be nerfed without very quickly reducing the fight to joke status.

And I doubt they'll do any of that, seeing as Echo will effectively accomplish the same thing.

Jayhawk

The material on those costumes. The dudes in the PLD and WAR AF cosplay in TGS must have been sweating. I am expecting people to cosplay in the yukatas in fan fest, as I saw them in TGS.

aceface

Fuck, I wanted to beat T9 before they nerfed that shit. I hope 2.4 is the end of October.

If it's the same as last time you'll have about two weeks after patch before echo goes up on coil.

Unless you consider being able to enter any turn at will via DF a nerf. Myself I'd call it common sense.

Sorian

Banned
I was wondering the other day if echo+higher tier gear would allow groups to just feed everything to one golem and then kill it when it's super. They lose their special attacks when they absorb too much right? Don't they just hit like trucks?

WolvenOne

I was wondering the other day if echo+higher tier gear would allow groups to just feed everything to one golem and then kill it when it's super. They lose their special attacks when they absorb too much right? Don't they just hit like trucks?

While I haven't checked the damage, considering that they can one shot me when I go in as a War Tank, I suspect we're talking Renaud level damage.

That said, better gear and Echo will allow groups to push Nael down fast enough that you'll only get 2-3 meteors in that first phase. So getting to the 2nd golem phase will be herp-derp easy eventually.

Sorian

Banned
I, hrm, don't think a 20 ilvl increase and 20% echo are gonna help with the supergolem.

I don't know how much they hit for. Can't say it's out of the realm of possibility. Super geared tanks can already survive blighted in T6 when moving. If it's a damage mechanic and not the flat 30k that SE likes to use for auto kill then people can out gear it.

Beyond Renaud. Like 80-100K.

Surprising if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom