• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I don't know how much they hit for. Can't say it's out of the realm of possibility. Super geared tanks can already survive blighted in T6 when moving. If it's a damage mechanic and not the flat 30k that SE likes to use for auto kill then people can out gear it.

They have like a super regen from what I hear so unless its HP are calculated from the source golems and it's on the last leg anyway, you just won't take it down.

If it's the same as last time you'll have about two weeks after patch before echo goes up on coil.

Unless you consider being able to enter any turn at will via DF a nerf. Myself I'd call it common sense.

I'm more concerned about mechanics nerfs. You have always been able to click off the Echo if you wanted to.

Sorian

Banned
They have like a super regen from what I hear so unless its HP are calculated from the source golems and it's on the last leg anyway, you just won't take it down.

Sounds like something they could nerf off then :p I had no idea though, the second I see a super golem I go eat the wall.

Jayhawk

I am going to guess I will have to spam T9 once 2.4 hits to get my MNK claws since I doubt it will be dropping this week or the next week.

Valor

whew.png

BRD is always the best. This just further confirms that.

WolvenOne

These are the nerfs I'd like to see for Second Coil.

Turn 6: Vines are easier to break

Turn 7: Petrification can now be Esuna'd.

Turn 8: Uh, not much here, Dreadnaught HP reduction maybe?

Turn 9: No real nerfs, just fix that stupid floor pattern bug.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I am going to guess I will have to spam T9 once 2.4 hits to get my MNK claws since I doubt it will be dropping this week or the next week.

I'll have to spam it for the Crook AND the Grimoire unless there's somehow a better i115 option. Simultaneously looking forward to it and not.

Sorian

Banned
They'll probably drop land mine number to 2 and lower the defensive reaction damage in T8 if they feel the need to nerf it.

I'll have to spam it for the Crook AND the Grimoire unless there's somehow a better i115 option. Simultaneously looking forward to it and not.

There is a better option, you just chose not to pursue it.

Demoskinos

I don't know how much they hit for. Can't say it's out of the realm of possibility. Super geared tanks can already survive blighted in T6 when moving. If it's a damage mechanic and not the flat 30k that SE likes to use for auto kill then people can out gear it.

Surprising if true.
oh yeah super golem is redunkulous. He hit me for over 120k. Granted I'm a squishy BLM but still.

jorgeton

Has anyone done Coil via Duty Finder? Is it terrible? I've never done it but really want to jump into Turn 1. My schedule's too erratic for a static coil group so I'm willing to take my chance with some randoms.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Turn 8: Uh, not much here, Dreadnaught HP reduction maybe?

Turn 9: No real nerfs, just fix that stupid floor pattern bug.

Vines aren't easy to break? What.

I'd be kind of sad if they introduced mechanics nerfs to SCOB, since I've found it an enjoyable challenge so far (my group's up to the last phase of T9 now) and I can't really think of many ways that they could change the fights without killing the fundamentals of what makes them satisfying to complete. As for Echo, I honestly don't see how that's going to help anything in SCOB except for making it easier to burn Rafflesia down. T7 is pure mechanics that kill you if you screw them up, T8 is mechanics that kill you plus a DPS check that's easy to hit in i110 gear, T9 is mainly mechanics that kill you. You'd have to change the murderous mechanics to nerf the fights in a meaningful way.

With that said, because you have to clear BCOB just to get into Turn 6, I get the impression that there aren't as many people running SCOB now as there could be for whatever reason (can't get a Twin party, can't find a Twin party that can win, etc). If the pattern continues, I feel like only a rather small portion of the player base is going to be doing Final Coil at all in 2.4, which is a shame. So I suppose the one nerf I'd like to see would be to take away the barrier of having to clear the previous tier, for better or for worse. I'm sure it'd lead to a lot of hilarious situations with people who have no idea about FF raiding pitching up for the first turn of Final Coil, but I'd rather have a situation like that rather than having a major piece of content that only a relatively small amount of people get to even see first-hand.

WolvenOne

They'll probably drop land mine number to 2 and lower the defensive reaction damage in T8 if they feel the need to nerf it.

There is a better option, you just chose not to pursue it.

Fewer mines, maaaaaybe. Personally I don't want them to over need things, especially in the last two turns.

Echo will effectively nerf second coil into the ground eventually anyway. No need to hurry it along too much.

studyguy

T9 they can totally nerf things, lets be serious.
They can increase the timer of ravenblight, they can lower the HP on the golems and the dragon add, they can make the paralysis shorter.

There's a ton there to fuck with and they absolutely will do it eventually.
It'll get nerfed to the ground like 1-5 in time, there's no need to assume they won't, just a matter of how long.

The moment you give an echo buff to T8 it becomes a joke.
People can probably burn that instance to the ground given a strong enough buff, I want to see the damage people do there with the eventual full buff.

Tabris

Riou - We should really see if we can get into T9 on Sat/Sun if possible in addition to tonight/wed/thur. We likely only have 2 more weeks to clear it before the patch. It's go time.

I'm game Sunday. Need to figure out best time as I do want to watch the Sun night game. Maybe mid-day. Tuesday, Wednesday is set. We have to check with V'rius on whether Thursday is still a go as he had something come up. Then we can also roll Monday. We should have enough DPS now for that smoother Phase 3 transition, which we'll practice Tuesday-Wednesday. So that gives us Thursday (maybe), Sunday, and Monday to practice Phase 4.

Ahh, I told them the next patch would sneak up on them. They didn't listen. XD

That better not be directed to me, otherwise I have some choice words in response.

While I haven't checked the damage, considering that they can one shot me when I go in as a War Tank, I suspect we're talking Renaud level damage.

That said, better gear and Echo will allow groups to push Nael down fast enough that you'll only get 2-3 meteors in that first phase. So getting to the 2nd golem phase will be herp-derp easy eventually.

Handling 2nd golem phase won't be though.

You also have to DPS down the 3 golems fast enough. Feeding them 2-3 meteors vs 4-5 meteors doesn't take that much of a difference. Also I doubt groups that couldn't clear T9 before will all of sudden get it down to 2-3 meteors from ilvl130 (plus it'll be a long time until average player is i130 as a good chunk of it will be most likely from 3rd Coil - may have same sands / oils mechanic - which until hunts / ST, meant you had to have cleared T5).

Echo will effectively nerf second coil into the ground eventually anyway. No need to hurry it along too much.

Echo won't nerf it. Still need to learn mechanics due to all the auto-wipe party mechanics in each turn, which echo won't do anything for. Plus they would also have to learn phase transitions in T7 with the extra damage.

WolvenOne

Vines aren't easy to break? What.

Vines require somewhat coordinated movement to break right now. They're usually not a big deal, especially when you're in an experienced party that understands their mechanics well. However, I've seen people walk into T6, and not be able to break vines until they were practically at a wall. If one of the two people Vined, don't understand their mechanics well, or are a bit slow to start moving, or have to get eaten and are attached to a melee character, they become a huge pain in the neck.

Making the vines a little easier to break, simply makes T6 a bit more pugable. That seems appropriate for the earliest turn of Second Coil.

WolvenOne

T9 they can totally nerf things, lets be serious.
They can increase the timer of ravenblight, they can lower the HP on the golems and the dragon add, they can make the paralysis shorter.

There's a ton there to fuck with and they absolutely will do it eventually.
It'll get nerfed to the ground like 1-5 in time, there's no need to assume they won't, just a matter of how long.

The moment you give an echo buff to T8 it becomes a joke.
People can probably burn that instance to the ground given a strong enough buff, I want to see the damage people do there with the eventual full buff.

They can, but most the things they could nerf will be rendered largely moot by Echo and better gear. Sure, there'll still be hard wipe mechanics that could be nerfed, but I doubt they'll do that for awhile. Keep in mind that the bulk of hard wipe mechanics in T5 are still largely unchanged even now. I suspect eventually they'll nerf the hard wipe mechanics in T5, but considering how long they've taken with T5, I doubt they'll nerf T9 right out the gate once 2.4 hits.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I don't need to justify anything. I'm happy with my weapon. You talked about something already in the game. Figured I should let you know.

I'll spend less time farming Nael than managing two relics at all times. How is that in any reality a better option?

Valor

I like the cut of her your jib.

Plus they would also have to learn phase transitions in T7 with the extra damage.
Unless they find a way to nerf the renaud petrification thing like remove the 30 second timer on it and just make it perma-petrification. Then T7 becomes joke status.

Why even include mechanics? Why not just hand out loot like Ken suggested?

That seems appropriate for the earliest turn of Second Coil.
Turn 8 doesn't have vines, though.

WolvenOne

Handling 2nd golem phase won't be though.

You also have to DPS down the 3 golems fast enough. Feeding them 2-3 meteors vs 4-5 meteors doesn't take that much of a difference. Also I doubt groups that couldn't clear T9 before will all of sudden get it down to 2-3 meteors from ilvl130 (plus it'll be a long time until average player is i130 as a good chunk of it will be most likely from 3rd Coil - may have same sands / oils mechanic - which until hunts / ST, meant you had to have cleared T5).

It'll be a long time until they have 15-20% Echo in T9 as well, this obviously isn't going to be applicable to groups that're making progress on this now. XD

That said, yeah, with ilvl120 gear and even 10% echo, I imagine most half competent groups will at least be getting close to pushing three to four meteors. This translates into easier golem management in the first golem phase, which means groups are more likely to be able to clear said golems before markers for the next set of meteors start popping.

Basically, the higher DPS will allow groups to push phases more quickly, will make transitions easier, etc etc etc. It won't do anything directly for hard wipe mechanics, but it'll make these mechanics somewhat easier to learn.

Sorian

Banned
I'll spend less time farming Nael than managing two relics at all times. How is that in any reality a better option?

No one is telling you to manage two at all times but the smart money is on the fact that you should have been doing one this whole time.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
No one is telling you to manage two at all times but the smart money is on the fact that you should have been doing one this whole time.

I've been doing it! But after getting Yagrush I feel cheated. And just knowing that it's gonna be another terribly conceived grind after another just make me wanna never touch that questline again.
I'd rather sniff Lightning's armpits in 1080p.

rubius01

I've been doing it! But after getting Yagrush I feel cheated. And just knowing that it's gonna be another terribly conceived grind after another just make me wanna never touch that questline again.

To some people around here, that isn't a bad thing.

Sorian

Banned

So would I, they look so clean. All hail the goddess.

all hail the goddess

scy

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ HAIL THE GODDESS ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

BadRNG

Aside from reducing the HP of certain adds, or conversely, reducing the potency of certain attacks, I can't really think of any T9 mechanic that can really be nerfed without very quickly reducing the fight to joke status.

And I doubt they'll do any of that, seeing as Echo will effectively accomplish the same thing.
They didn't have any qualms with reducing T5 to joke status.

WolvenOne

Adds were nerfed, same thing will happen to T9.

I don't think the HP reduction on the snakes was all that dramatic. Mostly it was the Echo that made those snakes pushovers.

I mean, having done T5 both immediately before and after 2.2 hit, the changes didn't feel that dramatic. Conversely, even 5% echo felt pretty dramatic when it first hit. XD

studyguy

I don't think the HP reduction on the snakes was all that dramatic. Mostly it was the Echo that made those snakes pushovers.

I mean, having done T5 both immediately before and after 2.2 hit, the changes didn't feel that dramatic. Conversely, even 5% echo felt pretty dramatic when it first hit. XD

Both snakes and conflags were reduced considerably. The number of pug groups clearing after that was pretty considerable from my loner FC mates. Echo did make a difference, but tearing down a DPS wall and the snake timing due to HP made tremendous changes.

People running up against a wall for the meteors/golem will probably get similar relief. If PUGs no longer have to blow an LB for instance on that add during Heavensfall then it frees it up for slapping Nael down that much faster. Anyhow, the adds changing is always the easiest nerf imo.

scy

There's probably a lot of small tweaks to be done on the mechanics. Heavensfall knockback can be altered to make the positioning not quite as tight, meteor trigger ranges can be reduced from 8y to like 5y, lower the damage on impact / higher fall-off, etc. Basically, remove precision from the encounter to make it less technical.

WolvenOne

Both snakes and conflags were reduced considerably. The number of pug groups clearing after that was pretty considerable from my loner FC mates. Echo did make a difference, but tearing down a DPS wall and the snake timing due to HP made tremendous changes.

People running up against a wall for the meteors/golem will probably get similar relief. If PUGs no longer have to blow an LB for instance on that add during Heavensfall then it frees it up for slapping Nael down that much faster. Anyhow, the adds changing is always the easiest nerf imo.

I would think just removing the lockout would have effected things more dramatically than the snakes having a little less HP. No lockout means, more groups running, more experienced people joining up with learning groups and telling them how to get past the last few hurdles, etc etc and so on and so forth.

I mean, again, those snakes were being dealt with identically before and after 2.2 hit. We tanks would gather them all up, they'd be caster LB'd, then the party would finish off the big snake. I recall no real change to mechanics, so at most that might have provided some extra cushion for the transition into the twister phase, which is no big deal, seeing as that's a fairly easy transition.

Conversely, after 10% echo, a lot of groups stopped LBing the snakes entirely, and saved the LB for Twintania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom