• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgefusion

That's not good. But I'll have to see for myself

GL drops constantly due to all the jumping around, and it's basically impossible to get to GL3 because of how quick each tentacle dies. They really couldn't have designed a fight more punishing specifically to Monks if they had tried. Once I've got all the Monk vanity items I'll not go back there as one.

Tirod

I'm still at work so I can't easily check: I've heard there are new hairstyles this patch. Do I have to do a quest to unlock them or can I summon my barber right away when I log in?

Yeah first order of business when I go is to do Tam Tara hard. I had to stop someone from work from spoiling it for me. He don't even play the game but his friend told him about it.

Scher

I'm going to go ahead and put this out there just in case anyone reading the thread may have experienced the same issue as I did. This patch apparently messed up something with Windows Server OS's, causing the launcher to not recognize DirectX if you haven't done any kind of workstation conversion. If anyone is using Windows Server 2008 R2 or 2012 R2, you should be able to use the converter at this link in order to get the launcher to recognize DirectX. It's worked for me and several others who use Server 2008 or 2012.

I don't know if anyone else reading the thread uses Windows Server, but if you do, I hope that helps!

dcye

Hunts are fun. Have over 200 seals already and I've only been doing them casually. Sand will be mine in no time, run at me Auroral Tabard.

Was disappointed with the new dungeons, Hullbreaker especially. Thought Tam Tara was the best of a bad bunch. That ending cut scene tho -_-

Haven't done Ramuh yet, I'll get there later today.

Syrcus Tower was fun. Have done it 3 times and only wiped 4 or 5 times total. A couple of times we totally carried one of the teams though. Keep yelling "I'm new" the 3rd time you wiped to not getting into the levitation aoe in Xande, it doesn't make you any less stupid. How are entire groups of people unable to learn and adapt quickly? I need those BRD pants for the ACC, be kind RNGesus.

Taruranto

I dunno, I did Tam-Tam and Hullbreaker and I found both of them much better than the shitty 2.2 dungeons (with the exception of Amdapor). There is not much you can do with this game dungeons unfortunately (they are linear, scriped experiences made to so they can be spammed over and over), but at least they had some worth of remembering mechanics or moments and were a tad harder than normally.

Alucrid

Banned
well that only took 2 million gil

D6E7CE9E5D15ADF48B7F37760527FB5FEE44C6B2

If anyone wants to run another GAF CT, I'll be on in a bit.

Also, Squenix really fucked up with the Fan Fest ticket sales. I'm glad I wasn't stupid enough to buy airplane tickets or book a hotel room before tickets sales occurred.

Mairu

The savage turns are pretty ridiculous, (un)fortunately my group doesn't really have time this week to dedicate to learning them seriously.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Awesome, finally got the high allagan pants of aiming tonight. Just need one more sand and the neck... and the bow for full 2.2-2.3 BIS bard.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
We did a full GAF run of CT2. It was a lot of fun.

We downed the first boss. Our alliance (C Alliance 4 Life) got tank hands that dropped. I figured I wouldn't even get them so I rolled greed.

I won the tank hands.

I'm a Dragoon

t1nzWuq.gif

I blew my load

We had to control our balls so we were not hit by the Kum Kum

We beat CT2!

I made a shirt for our momentous achievement:

vQNdnM6.png

mFl0sKk.png

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So, as I want to receive hate...

I got Oils of Time the first run of CT2. Time to get some shiny 110 gear :D

kidko

Hi guys, noobin around at lvl 17 lancer. Was doing fine but I'm on this quest leia's legacy and when I click to interact with the quest npc (a moogle in the forest) I get disconnected from the server.

Is this a common bug? Is there a workaround? Thx

EDIT: NVM it worked after a few tries

Anyone been doing the Elite hunts??? Our entire server im on is talking about and doing those, and man, we got trolls up the ass about it too.

Anyone been doing the Elite hunts??? Our entire server im on is talking about and doing those, and man, we got trolls up the ass about it too.

not since since the servers came back. Managed to make it to Naul a 2nd time, but still ended up with only 1 Allied Seal. I'll try more later tonight or tomorrow.

Probably won't bother with a personal room even though I have enough for one.
But seriously, why is there a Moogle Letter Box located behind the GAF house? It's so baffling

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Oh my god.

Talking to a quest giver/npc while mounted automatically dismounts you instead of giving you an error message.

BEST. CHANGE. EVER.

Item Box

Oh my god.

Talking to a quest giver/npc while mounted automatically dismounts you instead of giving you an error message.

BEST. CHANGE. EVER.

Nah, replacing daggers with swords for tanks is the best change this patch

that shit used to hurt my self-worth

iammeiam

So it turns out if you combine the Bard CT2 hat, soldiery body, and myth legs on a compact lala body, you end up with an utterly fantastic sort of hippie pirate clown sheik (also the hat kind of looks like a leaf from the back? IDK.) It is amazing and I can't wait to see characters react to it seriously in cutscenes.

Also I still have no idea what the hell is happening half the time with Scylla in CT2; the other bosses more or less make sense, but Scylla seems like a random pile of mechanics. It's certainly more involving than the rote mechanics of original CT this point.

dark_chris

The patch is good so far. Looks like much fun can be had here.
Also the whole mood for Tam Tara is amazing and creepy. Especially when you read the notes laying around and shit.
The last boss of the dungeon is creepy for sure. Also, dat last cutscene. Holy shit. I didn't expect this little part to get under my skin. spoiler tagged just in case.

I hope Square continues awesome stuff with this side story.

Almost forgot to ask: I completed the new Magitek armor quest, but every time I mount, the pet hotbar won't show up. Anyway to fix this?

Apoptomon

In Tam Tara HM, has anyone translated the
Blood Graffiti on the walls
I took a few screenshots incase anyone is interested
http://imgur.com/a/cDkQT
(I included the Eorzean alphabet for your convenience)

Looks kind of like (in order)
"it came", "reply", "whisper", "missed", "loss [something]" "where is it?" "[the same something from the other one, possibly "bursts"]", and on the arena, "Avere"

Sakura

Does anybody know of any places that sell game time codes? I don't live in NA at the moment and would just like to purchase a 60 day game code without needing a physical product shipped to me.

But seriously, why is there a Moogle Letter Box located behind the GAF house? It's so baffling

That's where the checks for loaning NA all our members get delivered to.

If you remove a mail box I think it's permanently lost so they just moved it to the back when we got the regal letter box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom