• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

Yep, worse yet, the "soul crushing-ness," of T7, makes it difficult not to emotionally and mentally check out after so many wipes, especially this late into the patch cycle. This is why most pugs seem to do best on their first few attempts.

I go the opposite direction, getting more frustrated and invested leading to bigger and dumber mistakes leading to more frustration and even yet bigger mistakes. The one thing I will say about T7: the small mistakes already causing a wipe means that bigger mistakes don't actually make things go any worse.

So the hotfix that will give us our metallic gold dyes will be done overnight. If anybody is willing to spare their metallic gold dyes, I would like to trade you some gear to use the dyes on and then trade the gear back to me. Please and thank you.

You can use all of mine if you want.

IMBored

So the hotfix that will give us our metallic gold dyes will be done overnight. If anybody is willing to spare their metallic gold dyes, I would like to trade you some gear to use the dyes on and then trade the gear back to me. Please and thank you.

The df will be full of people selling the dye tomorrow.

WolvenOne

Honestly not sure what I'd use mine on. I don't have much in the way of dyable gear, save for the bulk of the Augmented War AF.

Need to buy the last few pieces of that at some point. <_<;;

Wilsongt

Nah, it'll probably go for an extremely discounted price of soldiery tomes too. Maybe.

But this also means that books will now have to be purchased with Sol, so it'll become a game of juggling sold between gear and animus books. Again. Because not everyone here runs coils (me) and not everyone has top geared classes and some of us still buy myth gear or are still doing relics (me).

Nohar

I wish they would give the patch notes and the release date already...

As for the Thief/Ninja, sadly, it means that the Party Finder will be overflown with low level THF/NIN, while the numbers of tanks and healers won't increase (worse: it may actually decrease).
Oh well, I guess it is time to finish level up White Mage and Warrior.

studyguy

I wish they would give the patch notes and the release date already...

As for the Thief/Ninja, sadly, it means that the Party Finder will be overflown with low level THF/NIN, while the numbers of tanks and healers won't increase (worse: it may actually decrease).
Oh well, I guess it is time to finish level up White Mage and Warrior.

NIN parties everywhere.

Wilsongt

It's a shame I'm a max level SCH/WHM. It would mean a super quick journey to 50 with all of the peopel leveling rogue/ninja.

I could always level PLD/MRD, but I am too scared to tank Brayflox.

studyguy

It's a shame I'm a max level SCH/WHM. It would mean a super quick journey to 50 with all of the peopel leveling rogue/ninja.

Don't be scared to tank. When I'm being a lazy shit, I don't do large pulls.
If people want to complain let them.

Sorian

Banned
But this also means that books will now have to be purchased with Sol, so it'll become a game of juggling sold between gear and animus books. Again. Because not everyone here runs coils (me) and not everyone has top geared classes and some of us still buy myth gear or are still doing relics (me).

And you can now get an infinite amount of it so I don't see the issue.

Nohar

Truth to be told, Brayflox is a huge difficulty spike. It was hard for me to keep up as a healer when I did it for the first time. That being said, it isn't that hard, as long as you have a competent healer and if you use your defensive cooldowns wisely.
Honestly, I find tanking boring when doing low level dungeons. I have more fun playing as a healer or a DPS. It gets slightly better when you reach end-game content.

iammeiam

I'd be really surprised if animus books don't get a huge price cut in 2.4 when they move to soldiery purchased. Sold will be uncapped, ST will be free-roll for everything, and SCoB will be gradually nerfed to joke status a la first coil. I'd argue that by 2.4 myth gear will be as irrelevant as Darklight in 2.2; they might as well just make it dungeon drop only (plus there'll probably be a new vanity i90 set in the three new HMs) and move sold gear to allied seal vendors for quick gearing up.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
They should remove the weekly cap on solid NOW if they are going to be useless in a few weeks. And how will this affect people doing Novus? I still have 15 Alex to gather.

WolvenOne

Welcome to 2.2. XD

Nah, seriously, everyone had that same issue in 2.2. Myth was used for both EXTREMLY VALUABLE crafting mats, for Animus Books, for Alexandrite Maps, and for Gear. It wasn't until 2.3 hit and Myth started raining from the sky that things let up.

Also, it was about then that those crafting mats came down in price.

scy

all aboard the Ninja FATE train dattebayo

Brayflox is "hard" as a tank because you take a lot of damage. But that's not really a you problem (outside of remembering to hit your cooldowns) and more of a healer issue. Aiatar is a tank gimmick but it's basically just move around the edge of the room and be sad when a DPS drops a puddle where you're going.

Tiops

I started to level my MRD yesterday. I don't know if it's because I'm too used to PLD, but WAR seems to be more fun to play as :(

And MNK is great too. It's awesome to see big damage numbers. I'll probably stick to it and won't touch Ninja for a long time.

Valor

Actually some people will be using the new tomes to get new non-coil gear (you) while using Sol primarily to fill in stopgaps or to continue their work on their relic (you). So some people (you) shouldn't be too upset.

Wilsongt

I started to level my MRD yesterday. I don't know if it's because I'm too used to PLD, but WAR seems to be more fun to play as :(

And MNK is great too. It's awesome to see big damage numbers. I'll probably stick to it and won't touch Ninja for a long time.

MRD is more fun to play. Hitting enemies in the face with your axe is great.

scy

Actually some people will be using the new tomes to get new non-coil gear (you) while using Sol primarily to fill in stopgaps or to continue their work on their relic (you). So some people (you) shouldn't be too upset.

I'm more surprised at the implication of buying Myth gear with ... Myth. Why would anyone do this. You can stumble on a hunt accidentally more often than you'd be able to to afford Myth priced gear.

But yeah, the uncapping of Soldiery is pretty much the best thing for people still working on relics and not doing Coil. They just got a free +20 ilvl upgrade essentially. Though it may make that relic weapon option a lot less attractive with Soldiery weapons readily available...

Just posted in the Pokémon OT somehow on accident...

Meh, close enough.

Valor

which one's mahou and which one's ryder?
Yes.

I'm more surprised at the implication of buying Myth gear with ... Myth. Why would anyone do this. You can stumble on a hunt accidentally more often than you'd be able to to afford Myth priced gear.
Hunt Seals are more valuable spent in sands and oil than in i90 gear, but your point is still very valid, of course.

But yeah, the uncapping of Soldiery is pretty much the best thing for people still working on relics and not doing Coil. They just got a free +20 ilvl upgrade essentially. Though it may make that relic weapon option a lot less attractive with Soldiery weapons readily available...
For fresh 50's the relic was never that attractive to begin with. You get better and easier weapons from Levi, Ramuh, Turn 5, and Soldiery than the time you can invest in your relic getting it to the same level as your unweathered sold one. Relic is for the long haul, not for the short term.

Myth was the new baseline when they killed philo. Sold is the new baseline with the dropping of myth. So it goes.

scy

Hunt Seals are more valuable spent in sands and oil than in i90 gear, but your point is still very valid, of course.

Sure but if you're gearing i90, I'd easily spend the Seals. Just so much better on time investment, even if I needed the Sands/Oils desperately too.

For fresh 50's the relic was never that attractive to begin with. You get better and easier weapons from Levi, Ramuh, Turn 5, and Soldiery than the time you can invest in your relic getting it to the same level as your unweathered sold one. Relic is for the long haul, not for the short term.

I got mine to Animus before I had the Soldiery to even get Burtgang :x

But, yeah, it was a hard sell before. Now it's an even harder one since you can get the i110 in an afternoon.

studyguy

I have some 12 blood spattered logs at the moment and not enough sol to burn them on stuff.
Some people on the hunt channel for Excal have as many as 25-26 just sitting around.

Get lucky enough and they just sort of drop. Nevermind actually spending seals, I've capped a dozen times and spent it on mindless shit, not gear though Flames gear is FUGLY

aceface

Yeah we used to have problems with that, took us less than a month to beat. We enjoy running T7 now. =p
its all about practice!

Not even that, you can know what to do but it can still go horribly wrong. T7 is a test of if everyone can stay focused and pay attention for 8 minutes or however long it is. T7 is vicious because the chances at a successful clear seem to go down every time in a row you do it. People get tired, annoyed, lose focus, etc. and more stuff goes wrong.

WolvenOne

Yeah we used to have problems with that, took us less than a month to beat. We enjoy running T7 now. =p
its all about practice!

Not when you're trying to pug it. The amount of people that try to, "fake it til they make it," is just absurd. Double absurd when they insist they can do things like, Kiting Renauds.

Practice only helps if you're going in with a static group each and every single time.

Note: I realize some people respect the, "Fake it til you make it," mentality, but I personally find it infuriating. If people want to learn so badly, they should start a learning party. I know those can be painful too, but being dishonest about your experience just causes more problems down the line.

Double Note: Because of players trying to fake it, I haven't been able to get a T7 clear since Mid September. This is not an occasional problem, it's rampant.

Jayhawk

I am going to try hunting actively this weekend to spend my myth and allied seals on materials and such, while keeping the currencies capped for the patch.

I didn't like it when 2.2 meant using GC seals for the i70 crafting materials, and I don't want to be spending my GC seals in 2.4 for i90 crafting materials.

WHO WILL RIDE MY HUNT TRAIN WITH ME?

aceface

So I took up the mantle of being our kiter in T7 last night with my SMN. Surprisingly I found it to not be too bad.

In my experience kiting becomes much easier if you get the scholar to do the Miasmas for you. Takes all of the load off of just one person. You have to make sure that the sch has enough accuracy stacked so they don't miss though. Some casting accessories help.

WolvenOne

I am going to try hunting actively this weekend to spend my myth and allied seals on materials and such, while keeping the currencies capped for the patch.

I didn't like it when 2.2 meant using GC seals for the i70 crafting materials, and I don't want to be spending my GC seals in 2.4 for i90 crafting materials.

Can't, gonna be at the Fan Fest.

Don't worry though, I'll keep the GAF spirit alive by pulling Yoship before all the journalists.

I cant understand developers and community managers of this game... Why make a post about the currency tomes? That s something that most of the ppl know. What is next? A post saying that SCOB and ST will be unlocked for 2.4?

Sorian

Banned
I cant understand developers and community managers of this game... Why make a post about the currency tomes? That s something that most of the ppl know. What is next? A post saying that SCOB and ST will be unlocked for 2.4?

Fuck those last 10% right?

it's more than 10% that don't know this info.

WolvenOne

They want to keep people talking about the game, but aren't allowed to talk about any of the really big announcements coming up at Fan Fest.

So, they grasp at straws instead.

Nohar

Did they mention if they were removing the weekly loot on Crystal tower and/or some items such as the Sands? With Soldiery easily available in 2.4 (and Bahamut Coil 2 unlocked too), it would make sense to remove the lock.

scy

To be fair, it was an assumption that Mythology / Soldiery would get the same treatment as Philosophy / Mythology. A fairly good assumption but still.

That said, it's still a fairly pointless update even if nobody knew this was coming.

Sorian

Banned
That said, it's still a fairly pointless update even if nobody knew this was coming.

With this confirmed, we can make a new assumption that having capped myth when 2.4 drops will probably get you 500 free soldiery. That's handy info.

iammeiam

Wait no.

I cannot allow this if it's going to interfere with the macro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom