• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

With this confirmed, we can make a new assumption that having capped myth when 2.4 drops will probably get you 500 free soldiery. That's handy info.

400 (5:1) might be more likely just to make the Myth -> Soldiery costs of some things more even.

Besides, I think most people who assumed the Myth removal already assumed this one. But, yeah, it's about all we can really look forward to based off of this reveal. That and I'm not entirely sure if there is really anything they could say about the new Tomestones that would be big news anyway outside of some numbers of how much Soldiery / NewTomes we earn I guess.

Sorian

Banned
400 (5:1) might be more likely just to make the Myth -> Soldiery costs of some things more even.

Besides, I think most people who assumed the Myth removal already assumed this one. But, yeah, it's about all we can really look forward to based off of this reveal. That and I'm not entirely sure if there is really anything they could say about the new Tomestones that would be big news anyway outside of some numbers of how much Soldiery / NewTomes we earn I guess.

My real point is the info isn't meant for us. There are a lot of people who play the game who either weren't here for the last tomestone conversion or just aren't as heavily invested in different communities that have been making this prediction for months. It was fine to make a post about it. Their community team is good for doing it.

scy

Philo -> Myth conversion rate was 4:1, so most people assume the new conversion rate will be the same.

I know, just saying 5:1 might be the case simply because the cost of some things don't divide very well in 4:1.

My real point is the info isn't meant for us. There are a lot of people who play the game who either weren't here for the last tomestone conversion or just aren't as heavily invested in different communities that have been making this prediction for months. It was fine to make a post about it. Their community team is good for doing it.

Oh, I know. I'm just saying that it's just an unexciting topic in general, even if you didn't know at all. Well, maybe. I guess there's those just now learning that Soldiery gear will take no time to get will be excited off of this.

Basically, we're nearing Fanfest. This feels like something that should have been said earlier and the more interesting teasers (dungeons, class, coil, etc.) on these days to try and build more hype. Not that the dungeon and class/job teaser did much either but still! :x

studyguy

2000 myth?
Here's 10 sol, take it. I'm losing out on this deal.

183cufmwivmw6jpg.jpg

Jayhawk

I know, just saying 5:1 might be the case simply because the cost of some things don't divide very well in 4:1.

The only items that was purchased through philosophy that was available via mythology at 2.2 was the quenching oil (and some minions?). For 2.4, I doubt they're making i90 gear available through soldiery tomes when they're already available through allied seals, plus there is already better gear available through soldiery. The biggest mystery is what currency will be used to buy the i90 mythology crafting materials.

scy

Discounting crafting mats (and really, just Tawny Latex) and I think the minions (30 each), it's really just the Quenching Oil that makes the 4:1 conversion awkward. So it'll either round or just get a special case treatment.

Or ... or something else, I guess.

Jayhawk

Discounting crafting mats (and really, just Tawny Latex) and I think the minions (30 each), it's really just the Quenching Oil that makes the 4:1 conversion awkward. So it'll either round or just get a special case treatment.

Or ... or something else, I guess.

Oops, I originally mixed up mist and oil. I wonder if they'll even make the oil available through soldiery. It's already changed currency before. They might make it purchased via allied seals or GC seals.

creid

I hope mysterious maps cost 200 soldiery after the tomestone conversion. I've got a decent amount with nothing to spend them on.

dramatis

I cant understand developers and community managers of this game... Why make a post about the currency tomes? That s something that most of the ppl know. What is next? A post saying that SCOB and ST will be unlocked for 2.4?
I saw it as a post made to inform people to get rid of their philosophy. It also puts on search radar what happened to tomes of philosophy, so returning players can look it up.

Ken

So I took up the mantle of being our kiter in T7 last night with my SMN. Surprisingly I found it to not be too bad.

Kiting isn't too bad especially when they give you free permanent aggro to kite.

I don't even know what I want to do with unlimited soldiery. There's still the Sand of Time timesink to go through for 110.

studyguy

Kiting isn't too bad especially when they give you free permanent aggro to kite.

Had to do BRD kiting for T7 since the group I mess around with now has no SMN. It's considerably easier than I had imagined. Even if the pull is long and the voice ends up coming up too quick, you can still manage most of the time... hell, it's way more entertaining than tanking T7, that's for sure.

Ken

Had to do BRD kiting for T7 since the group I mess around with now has no SMN. It's considerably easier than I had imagined. Even if the pull is long and the voice ends up coming up too quick, you can still manage most of the time... hell, it's way more entertaining than tanking T7, that's for sure.

You can miss like, two voice cycles before you really have to start worrying about the Renaud. Although that's some pro kiting to get the renaud to dodge Shrieks and voices.

studyguy

You can miss like, two voice cycles before you really have to start worrying about the Renaud. Although that's some pro kiting to get the renaud to dodge Shrieks and voices.

Honestly the biggest problem I've run against in coil is simply connection issues. That I attribute to the ongoing problem with Verizon. It's all fun and games till everything stops right before you're supposed to pull a Renaud or face a way for a voice. Feel like Mondays are particularly bad for the servers in general too though. Post 2.4 patch day is going to be a nightmare.

Drac

Clearing second coil 1 to 4 in one night for the first time, feels good.
1 Drg and 2 Sch weapons, I guess this will be our repeats until the 10th time before we start seeing new drops if I believe what happened to you guys :(

dcye

Clearing second coil 1 to 4 in one night for the first time, feels good.
1 Drg and 2 Sch weapons, I guess this will be our repeats until the 10th time before we start seeing new drops if I believe what happened to you guys :(

Exact same thing as our group except the weapons were 1 PLD 2 SMN haha. It is a great feeling. We got into the second phase of Savage 6 as well :).

chrono01

I guess I'll purchase that Premium Fan Fest stream in a bit.

I was kind of debating whether I should/shouldn't, but it's only $20 and I do kind of want that Moogle attire to terrify people with.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
When a server has new character creation restricted, does this also mean that one cannot character transfer there at that time?

Qvoth

like i mentioned to my fc mates, i doubt we're fighting bahamut this coil, probably the coil will end with bahamut finally becoming complete again, and flying away

that's how the story will continue on heavensward

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I calculated how much time I'm gonna need to improve my heals by 25-30 points to Cure by getting Thyrus Nexus (with non-cheaped out stats) over High Allagan Crook.
It's 100+ hours.
About 50 hours to cap hunts.
6-7 hours for daily Extreme roulette
An hour for mysterious maps
Roughly 30 hours to obtain lights from 530 to 2000.
And 20 hours by a generous estimate to spiritbind enough (most likely more, depends on sheer luck).
Just to get 30 extra points to cure.

No.

BadRNG

One of those pictures looks like we could end up with stupid platform hopping mechanics like from ST. Please no.

...How is Dalamud intact again?
Could be another illusion, or some sort of auto repair system.

like i mentioned to my fc mates, i doubt we're fighting bahamut this coil, probably the coil will end with bahamut finally becoming complete again, and flying away

that's how the story will continue on heavensward
I hope not, I want the expansion to be a completely new story instead of rehashing Bahamut again. Any fight with a complete version of him would seem so unrealistic to me to begin with, his freaking hand is the entire T5 arena and he shrugged off all of the Twelve being summoned to contain him. I know people will bring up Deathwing now but even that was a stretch, look at how many hoops they had to jump through to make that have any kind of canonical sense, and that was with there being a reasonable weakness for him before he became a potential boss (also orc jesus). Any sort of weakness on Bahamut would feel shoehorned to me at this point if we don't stop him here.

Everything following this is just speculation obviously. There are two remaining coils, but only one dungeon. I think we may end up at one of those console things from t5/t9 early in Third Coil, possibly guarded by
Louisoix
and once we flip the switch shit gets serious and Bahamut goes all out to prevent us from turning off the final coil and halting his recovery. This is the ultimate encounter, either against
Louisoix
if we hadn't already fought them or against a whole ton of random crap as Bahamut is using up his remaining aether attempting to stop the wonder twins. If you look at the area surrounding Bahamut, there are a ton of floating platforms, perfect place for an encounter as we hold him off long enough to turn the final coil off and he essentially fades away like other primals do.

If he actually gets complete and escapes I have no idea what we could possibly do to stop him. It would take something ridiculous like Zodiark eating him for it to ever make sense for him to go down, and that would be so anticlimatic. There's also the issue of what is stopping him from doing this again, as there are (presumably) other pieces of Dalmaud out in the world. He could just fly to another and repair anytime we do any kind of damage to him.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Any fight with a complete version of him would seem so unrealistic to me to begin with,

We're Final Fantasy characters. 'Realistic depictions of battle' flew out the window a long time ago, especially against a character who has been a boss since at least FF3.

aceface

7GaHez5.jpg

Courtesy Reddit.

I think GAF can do better, hype trains are our specialty.

Also yep those are definitely jump platforms in one of those new coil pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom