• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

MMO story lol

I enjoy it but let's not pretend it matters much.

Edit: also, main storyline Hero of Light doesn't have time for Bahamut, they are too busy passing out uniforms.

When its final fantasy, it matters.

Ultros isn't as populated as it once was so finding a static may prove...to be rather difficult. It's kinda dead right now. FC included.

Oh you, self-deprication only goes so far!

Thats what I was worried about. I've been busy with work and stuff releasing recently / back log...but I really hope people arent just leaving the FC or whatever.

Or maybe they're just taking a break in between patches too? I know the expansion should bring everyone back.

Wilsongt

2.4 doesn't really sound like it's gonna be "loads of content" in there to be painfully honest.

Well, it has new Coil, so that's enough to keep the hardcore busy for like... a day or two as they learn it and then post up videos and walkthroughs. Plus, people will be leveling Ninja, which will take about 2 days to max.

So, maybe about five days worth of content, give or take a day or two.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Well, it has new Coil, so that's enough to keep the hardcore busy for like... a day or two as they learn it and then post up videos and walkthroughs. Plus, people will be leveling Ninja, which will take about 2 days to max.

So, maybe about five days worth of content, give or take a day or two.

I think Golden Saucer was their big bet and then it just didn't happen.

I think Golden Saucer was their big bet and then it just didn't happen.

They wouldn't waste time answering questions about it if it wasn't still going to happen at this point so it's not like they just decided to scrap it. For me though, it would have been a bigger selling point than adding a new class that I'll mess around with on occasion but never main. This game is in desperate need of some minigames that aren't a massive grindfest and have some actual meat to them.

scy

T9 needs some serious nerfs if randoms are going to do it I think.

I really want to see T9 in the DF. Just to witness the beauty that is the massive clusterfuck it would be.

But I also don't like that kind of mental suffering and torture.

Ken

T9 needs some serious nerfs if randoms are going to do it I think.

My DRG needs to get good. :(

Any T9 DRGs (or melee) can give me tips? I feel like I'm missing 50-100 DPS and I have no idea why. Is there a way to check how many auto attacks I don't do?

Also for people who got the premium stream, how long does it take to get the message with Moogle attire?

My DRG needs to get good. :(

Any T9 DRGs (or melee) can give me tips? I feel like I'm missing 50-100 DPS and I have no idea why. Is there a way to check how many auto attacks I don't do?

Also for people who got the premium stream, how long does it take to get the message with Moogle attire?

I've only started monking in T9, and the only thing I've learned aside from standard monk things is to save my blood for blood until after double meteor streams. (lol @ our bard having it up and getting rekt)

Nohar

I didn't play much DRG or MNK (and, well, the NIN is coming)... So I was wondering: I guess it is mandatory to lock the target in order to not lose any auto-attacks?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I‘m not implying Saucer is scrapped. However every extra content for 2.4 outside of the most expected features has been delayed or not talked about. Makes me wonder if someone is sapping Yoshi‘s team.

Ken

I didn't play much DRG or MNK (and, well, the NIN is coming)... So I was wondering: I guess it is mandatory to lock the target in order to not lose any auto-attacks?

Lock-on guarantees you'll hit all your auto attacks in proximity because it keeps you facing the target 100% of the time. However, if you change your move left/right to strafe left/right, it should have the same effect. Obviously probably not 100% hit rate like system lock-on would but it should be high enough that the percentage of missed autos are negligible, theoretically.

Anyways, here's my DRG sheet. It's i105 (i90 belt and pants) but I feel like I should be hitting like 320-350 DPS in phase 1 at least with this gear. I'm fairly certain that I'm doing the proper rotation from Rotation Reborn but aside from the rotation and getting maximum GCDs during jumps I don't know why I'm so outputting so low.

ibcplnCkV2beL.png

Nohar

@Ken: Thank you!

I‘m not implying Saucer is scrapped. However every extra content for 2.4 outside of the most expected features has been delayed or not talked about. Makes me wonder if someone is sapping Yoshi‘s team.

About that: the Golden Saucer was scheduled to make an appearance in 2.4 initially?

Semper88

After 3 weeks of wiping we are getting close to getting that T9 kill. All phases are solid, getting to P4 is almost always a surtain thing.

Now its wiping on dives and people not seeing their thunder debuff.

Lock-on guarantees you'll hit all your auto attacks in proximity because it keeps you facing the target 100% of the time. However, if you change your move left/right to strafe left/right, it should have the same effect. Obviously probably not 100% hit rate like system lock-on would but it should be high enough that the percentage of missed autos are negligible, theoretically.

Anyways, here's my DRG sheet. It's i105 (i90 belt and pants) but I feel like I should be hitting like 320-350 DPS in phase 1 at least with this gear. I'm fairly certain that I'm doing the proper rotation from Rotation Reborn but aside from the rotation and getting maximum GCDs during jumps I don't know why I'm so outputting so low.

Broken parser? i don't know really. I play warrior but i've been in T9 on my DRG and i managed to do about 320 in P1. My DRG is i98. Switched back to warrior in T9 because its easyer to OT the Golem and Wyvern. I'm able to do decent DPS with my warrior anyway about 250 in P1 before i have to tank anything.

Are you keeping heavy thrust up during Iron Chariot? Our monk keeps up GL during that part and is excused to not stand in the middle and keep smacking the boss.

Ken

Broken parser? i don't know really. I play warrior but i've been in T9 on my DRG and i managed to do about 320 in P1. My DRG is i98. Switched back to warrior in T9 because its easyer to OT the Golem and Wyvern. I'm able to do decent DPS with my warrior anyway about 250 in P1 before i have to tank anything.

Are you keeping heavy thrust up during Iron Chariot? Our monk keeps up GL during that part and is excused to not stand in the middle and keep smacking the boss.

Pretty sure I'm just bad. I've always had trouble with keeping up high melee DPS but I have no idea how to fix it.

If the purple and white gear is the new allagan set, I would assume that the new tomestone set is what they are fighting Shiva in. Don't really get a good look at it although it all looks very samey, it's also not the crafted sets since they showed those off.

New allagan:

Left to right:
Blm - Pld - Mnk - War - Whm/Sch - Drg - Brd

Ken

new allagan stuff is..interesting but it's a pretty far departure from current allagan gear. maybe they'll call it something else like...drakescale lol

More like everyone off playing something else and the crumbling of our only static left. IE the one I was in. Pretty upset at Rollan etc.

Don't worry guys i will be back :O, just busy playing Destiny and other stuff.
Not much to do since my static broke, that's like 4 different statics that i have been in that didn't work out lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom