• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

The dress is kind of eh, but that tux is awesome.

And will be gender-locked, which sucks.

WTB Angary a sense of style.

I will not stand these insults to my taste in haberdashery. Amon's hat is both the pinnacle of head covering style and amazingly functional.

ALSO PLUME PHYSICS.

Wilsongt

That trailer was pretty sparse on additional things other than new gear. At least High High Allagan gear looks nice. =/ Too bad I won't see it.

ib4 every roe having a mistbeard mask

Valor

I will not stand these insults to my taste in haberdashery. Amon's hat is both the pinnacle of head covering style and amazingly functional.

ALSO PLUME PHYSICS.

That huge derpy plume that is like a big block of jell-o sitting on your head is hardly the pinnacle of plume physics.

Your choice of haberdashery is lacking in quality; therefore you, in turn, should resign yourself to shame and remorse.

As an aside, SE needs some better armor designers.

Sophia

That blue/white outfit looks amazing, and also a pretty convincing argument not to be a Lalafelll so I can see it's full detail. o_o

Sorian

Banned
I knew they said something about it releasing but I'm surprised they put up an 8 minute trailer now instead of waiting for fanfest. I was almost ready to fast forward to the end hoping for a release date to. Either hype hype hype. My least favorite part of content cycles is the 2-3 weeks before a new patch where everyone is taking time away from the game, can't wait to hit the new patch running.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
That blue/white outfit looks amazing, and also a pretty convincing argument not to be a Lalafelll so I can see it's full detail. o_o

To be honest the caster version coloring looks more appealing to me for once which just adds another one to the pile of regrets tentatively labelled "Once you go black [mage]"

Ken

why are the good pics at such crap resolution. Can barely see any details on the ha gear

i1pJdBWv9lLD4.jpg

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Does the recruit a friend bonus have to be a completely new player or can it be someone that has had their account inactive without a subscription?

Teknoman

Well now I really have to find time to beat Turn 5 lol. Looking forward to the new story stuff all around and of course fighting Fenrir.

Jayhawk

Ken, regarding your DRG dps... what numbers do you get from a dummy? On parts of fights where you're not moving as much in terms of being able to always hit a GCD, then your dps numbers should be about the same.

Ken

Ken, regarding your DRG dps... what numbers do you get from a dummy? On parts of fights where you're not moving as much in terms of being able to always hit a GCD, then your dps numbers should be about the same.

380 is where I settle at usually.

I'm looking to aim for 310-330 total in actual fight I guess.

Jayhawk

380 is where I settle at usually.

I'm looking to aim for 310-330 total in actual fight I guess.

Other than dps loss from having to miss GCDs due to mechanics, your DPS loss can be likely attributed to missed auto-attack opportunities or the mechanics change what is the optimal rotation since the DRG rotation assumes DoTs, etc. fall off at specific times in the rotation. You might have to redo the Chaos Thrust combo earlier than you usually do in the rotation if you missed a few GCDs from placing a meteor or from Meteor Streams. For the first phase of T9, I would assume it is best to save your movement jumps for Nael's jumps. DRGs might be better off putting Fractures up before Nael disappears for Meteor Streams in this fight, in case you're not using Fracture at all.

iammeiam

I thought the general rule was if the boss returned from the jump invulnerable to do a super, DoTs didn't tick during the jump, but otherwise they did. Maybe Nael cheats though.

That huge derpy plume that is like a big block of jell-o sitting on your head is hardly the pinnacle of plume physics.

Your choice of haberdashery is lacking in quality; therefore you, in turn, should resign yourself to shame and remorse.

U R Wrong and I refuse to add hat-shame to my list of things to feel bad about.

When you're knee-high, a neon pink and yellow plume sticking out of the stack half the bosses in this game require with even mediocre physics beats boring AF hat, atrocious soldiery hood thing, or the ugly Allagan visor or HA mask.

best hat yesterday, best hat today, and apparently best hat for at least four more months.

Valor

DRGs might be better off putting Fractures up
I thought you were being legit at first. You troll good. Real good.

My brother says he can parse 400 on the first phase, and from what I gathered from his incessant blabbering is that you shouldn't handcuff yourself to The Dragoon Rotation™, and that he's a believer in skipping Phlebotomize if it means keeping Chaos Thrust hitting and ticking at the optimal times. I would -assume- from my limited DRG experience that your CD rotation -may- be off? Maybe?

His opening rotation is ->

Heavy Thrust > Internal Release > Impulse Drive > B4B > Leg Sweep > Power Surge > Chaos Thrust > Jump > True Thrust > Dragonfire Dive > Vorpal Thrust > Life Surge > Full Thrust

from there HT > Full Thrust combo > depending on if the Full Thrust hits during Ravensbeak, he'll skip Phlebotomize, but if it's before the cast he'll drop it. Basically he's now waxing on about how he tries to get zero downtime on Chaos Thrust ticks, even if it means clipping it early, skipping Phlebotomize if necessary.

Drac

What's a good dps to aim for on T9 as a Monk ? Or anywhere actually, but T9 for reference.
I seem to do around 370 in P1/3/4, taking a dive in P2 because of down time of course. My average is around 350ish on the whole fight. i110, using crap food 'cause I'm poor (Button thingy I forgot the name) and one +80ish strengh potion in P4 (no need before and I'm a cheap bastard).

I can't seem to find a good guide to improve further, I only read stuff I already know but surely I can't be at the apex of the class. My stuff is focused on accuracy until cap, Det then Crit. Any pro Monk mind showing me the light ?

edgefusion

My static is potentially looking for a fourth DPS to join us on a permanent basis. We're currently on T9 progression, although it's unlikely we'll down it before 2.4 hits we're hoping for not long thereafter.

Job required: Summoner
Server: Ultros
Timezone: GMT
Schedule: 7pm - 10pm every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.

We're only looking for players in the UK or close European in order to minimise timezone clashes. Teamspeak is required, but you don't have to talk if you're not comfortable or unable. Second Coil experience is essential and ideally you have cleared Turn 8 already. We're looking to start on Shiva immediately but will provide you with a Ramuh clear if necessary.

We're not a hardcore raider group, but we are keen on swift progression so please be well geared and committed. Priority is given to sexy catboys.

Contact me either on here or in game - Ravishan Goldhawk

studyguy

Can I bring a CUL to your Coil?
He makes a spicy meatball, Nael is weak to hot popotoes.
SE should have never removed the ability to go as hand/land into instances from 1.0, was fun as all hell.

studyguy

I use the snow jacket for all my glamors.
Also my neighborhood has a planned power outage from Friday at 11PM to Sat at 7AM.
Some dude crashed into a transformer and apparently it needs follow up maint. Hopefully there's no hold ups, I already got my premium stream.

Sorian

Banned
Going back to the Nael thing, she must cheat in some way during phase 1. Because I've put up thunder right before she jumped, saw it appear as a debuff on her bar, she did one meteor stream and came back with my debuff gone. I know she's not gone for 18 seconds for that.

Moaradin

Going back to the Nael thing, she must cheat in some way during phase 1. Because I've put up thunder right before she jumped, saw it appear as a debuff on her bar, she did one meteor stream and came back with my debuff gone. I know she's not gone for 18 seconds for that.

My DOTs stick on her sometimes but I have no idea if they are actually doing damage to her during those periods.

Sophia

Guys.

I saw no bees in that Qarn HM preview.

If Qarn HM isn't the hardest HM dungeon yet and significantly harder than all other 4 man dungeons in the game, I will be disappointed.

I expect to be disappointed.

Final Stings. Final Stings EVERYWHERE.

Sorian

Banned
My DOTs stick on her sometimes but I have no idea if they are actually doing damage to her during those periods.

Even when they stick, I doubt they do damage since she has that moment of invulnerability when she comes back during the explosion.

If Qarn HM isn't the hardest HM dungeon yet and significantly harder than all other 4 man dungeons in the game, I will be disappointed.

I expect to be disappointed.

Final Stings. Final Stings EVERYWHERE.

Last boss is just a floating stinger that spams final sting with half second cast time.

scy

I just hope Qarn HM isn't filled with as much empty space as normal. It's an incredibly frustrating leveling dungeon simply due to 40% of it being "just keep moving, nothing to do here."

also, that group was PLD WHM BLM BRD, why weren't they AoEing everything pls

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I just hope Qarn HM isn't filled with as much empty space as normal. It's an incredibly frustrating leveling dungeon simply due to 40% of it being "just keep moving, nothing to do here."

also, that group was PLD WHM BLM BRD, why weren't they AoEing everything pls

Yoshi is against speed runs, he refuses to use Flare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom