• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Possible new currency gear:

T3T2TzR.jpg

Possible new currency gear:

Edit. Ehh looking at it again, the sets seem to share certain things but they all look kinda unique.

Allagan also seems to share sets again with pld/war, whm/sch, blm/smn/brd(this either shares with them or drg)?, mnk/nin(I would assume since they never showed them even though they're going to share gear), and then drg either by itself or sharing with brd.

Ken

Allagan also seems to share sets again with pld/war, whm/sch, blm/smn/brd(this either shares with them or drg)?, mnk/nin(I would assume since they never showed them even though they're going to share gear), and then drg either by itself or sharing with brd.

I think BRD, DRG, and MNK might be all unique this time around based on the head gear and the behind shot of them running to the jump pad.

Nohar

Supposedly the patch is October 28. Supposedly.

Well, I saw this date on some forums, but I haven't been able to confirm the original source. Is it mere conjecture or did SE give a release date somewhere? I didn't see one in the trailer.

I think BRD, DRG, and MNK might be all unique this time around based on the head gear?

Could be since the quality of the picture is only so good, however I would fully expect mnk/nin to still share since it's very likely they will share loot.

Well, I saw this date on some forums, but I haven't been able to confirm the original source. Is it mere conjecture or did SE give a release date somewhere? I didn't see one in the trailer.

Patch is usually a week after the trailer has been posted and they aren't about to drop it in the middle of doing the fanfests, so it's likely to be the 28th.

Ken

Could be since the quality of the picture is only so good, however I would fully expect mnk/nin to still share since it's very likely they will share loot.

Oh yeah, I would expect that too. I kinda forgot NIN was a thing at the Coil section lol. NIN is surprisingly absent in all the sections that aren't about NIN!

Qvoth

oh shit, we might actually fight bahamut after all, i mean so many dragon motifs (casters have dragon wings!)

edit: pld and war body seems different? one of them is the new tome gear perhaps?

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Not sure how I feel about the new allagan gears. Having Bahamut themed gear is cool but.. the high allagan gears are better designed. Maybe I'll change my mind after seeing the new coil gears at a higher quality.

Yeah, I'm not feeling it either. It's all so pointy.

Really, I'm just waiting for Valentine gear to come back, so I can glamour it on to my WAR forever.

Fyi all the items for the event are already in the data files and so are the quests, which means they were added in one of the last patches we got. This event starting on Monday means nothing as to when the patch comes out, know a few people thought that when they were talking about the Halloween event and thought the patch would signal the start of the event.

i almost forgot this game could be patched with new content. seeing <final coil> spelled out like that feels nostalgic. so much time spend in that hellhole.

once agan, sweet music.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
New gear does not appear to be class-split, which means it is not AF2.
Pretty satisfied with Healer look on both.
New crafted is ehhhhhh

lol ninja nexus
also SPOILERS YOSHIDA WHAT THE FUCK

Reknoc

is the single stocking in the game? i would pay real money to get my character to look like the girl in the poster

except for being a cat girl, i ain't about that life anymore

aceface

I&#8216;m not implying Saucer is scrapped. However every extra content for 2.4 outside of the most expected features has been delayed or not talked about. Makes me wonder if someone is sapping Yoshi&#8216;s team.

More likely that work on the expansion is going to limit the content in the next two patches. If 2.5 is going to be the last in the 2.x cycle that would put the expansion less than a year away if they keep going by the content release schedule. They'd have to be putting in some pretty good work on it at this point if they want to have as much content as 2.0 originally had.

At least 2.4 is upping the ilevel and adding new tomes so it will give people a new gear treadmill to work on. I wonder what the tome grinding method of choice will be this time?

Valor

Amon's hat remains reigning headpiece champion through 2.4, looks like.

Also plz 28th.

WTB Angary a sense of style.

Coil looks interesting, gear is whatever. I'm sure it'll look better in the game proper, since it all looks awful on terribad youtube potato quality vids.

dramatis

You're picking up Qhon's bad habits

The big surprise to me, is that the new crafted gears are actually new instead of dungeon gear rehashes:

yVsnm7n.jpg

The armor sets look lol but the cloth sets look nice.

The fall collection consists of a tuxedo and a party gown.

I also see a new helmet for Bara's head coming in the future...

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Crafted gear, the bird tweets is based on some FFXI sets.

The real crime is that the jacket is probably male-only when everyone knows that girls in that kind of wear are the hottest thing on Earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom