• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear the final cutscene of the HM Tam Tara quest could be a teaser for future content with this quest.

Next HM dungeons we'll get are Toto Rak and Cutters Cry.

WolvenOne

Okay, I'm insane not to be asleep yet, but I'm going to make a lil checklist before I pass out, just so I have a better idea what I have left to do.

Done

All the new Dungeons.
Unlocked CT2.
Did Ramuh Story Mode.
Did 1 Hunt
Unlocked the Magitech Canon, I have no idea how to use it.
Bought a Room, I haven't decorated it yet.
Sold half a million Gil worth of retainer furniture.

What's left.

Need to do CT2, was tired, and I didn't want to go in as a class I'm not used to, and limited tank slots kinda bite.
Need to make a fool of myself doing Frontlines.
Moogle Delivery / NPC Riddle Quest Thing.
Hildabrand
Need to unlock Ramuh EM.

Impression.

A slightly less meaty patch than 2.2, but, the quality of the content they've added is fantastic.

I had a ton of fun with stuff, and probably would've gotten a lot further if I wasn't so sleepy, and didn't have Coil stuff.

PS: Most of you probably know this already, but, one should not Coil when sleepy. Drunk is fine apparently, but sleepy, no. >_>;;

Item Box

I swear the final cutscene of the HM Tam Tara quest could be a teaser for future content with this quest.

Next HM dungeons we'll get are Toto Rak and Cutters Cry.

Eh, I wouldn't mind it ending there, although
I wouldn't be surprised if Edda comes back as a voidsent or something, maybe haunting her former party members?

The story alone makes it the best HM dungeon so far for me. It may not be as fun as the others, but I found it very enjoyable due to the supplementing quest and backstory attached along with it.

not since since the servers came back. Managed to make it to Naul a 2nd time, but still ended up with only 1 Allied Seal. I'll try more later tonight or tomorrow.

Probably won't bother with a personal room even though I have enough for one.
But seriously, why is there a Moogle Letter Box located behind the GAF house? It's so baffling

The hunts is the best damn feature in this patch for me. I been doing these hunts all damn day besides leveling up my bostist.

I fought naul like three times.

Naul is so damn weak that when we were searching for em, we'd see like one guy fighting em by himself and not tell no one in the area that he spawned and would take the kill for himselve.
So I gave up on that as I kept getting too little seals from all the players trying to fight em at once when we did wait for everyone to get there.

I started going after the other elites. The elites that arent shown on the board. I noticed that others were shouting in different areas about needing help with other elite marks as they were getting their asses kicked by the marks, so I went over to help them fight as a healer, but I didnt think I was going to get credit since I didnt see that mark on the hunting board, but I did, I got 20 seals, 80 myth and 20 soldiery when it died.

SO

I opened up a linkshell for the hunt with like 80 people in it and we started searching around all the areas and we were jumping from Elite mark to Elite mark, like every hour or so. I got enough seals to get me three ilvl90 items. I've never gottn that much gear so fast from this game.

it was fun trying to figure out what makes the elites spawn, from the clues and stuff, we found out that naul spawns after the svara fate has been completed, but he spawns in a completely random place. and then soon after, marraco, the A class elite, spawned close by so we went after him, but I died in like one damn hit and I didnt get shit when we defeated em.

I'm loving this hunt stuff, got use feeling like bountry hunters and shit. Find a mark, call for back up and take em down.

IMBored

So where are those CT2 gaf run videos that where promised? I want to see them at work. Also, let's run another CT2 gaf today, earlier.

Here is Va'an soloing Giruveganaus, last boss in Stone Vigil hard. :p
http://youtu.be/JKwD_Yh1om0

That's right I forgot I rolled on the shirt, it's the one kagari posted earlier isn't it?
Man that could have been done so much earlier, I didn't use buffs at the beggining because I was waiting when one of then would come up to me and kill me.Actually got hit with a fireball attack that almost killed me, with second wind on cooldown, but they didn't hit me again during the fight, lb wasn't even needed.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
The hunts is the best damn feature in this patch for me. I been doing these hunts all damn day besides leveling up my bostist.

Naul is so damn weak that when we were searching for em, we'd see like one guy fighting em by himself and not tell no one in the area that he spawned and would take the kill for himselve.
So I gave up on that as I kept getting too little seals from all the players trying to fight em at once when we did wait for everyone to get there.

I started going after the other elites. The elites that arent shown on the board. I noticed that others were shouting in different areas about needing help with other elite marks as they were getting their asses kicked by the marks, so I went over to help them fight as a healer, but I didnt think I was going to get credit since I didnt see that mark on the hunting board, but I did, I got 20 seals, 80 myth and 20 soldiery when it died.

SO

I opened up a linkshell for the hunt with like 80 people in it and we started searching around all the areas and we were jumping from Elite mark to Elite mark, like every hour or so. I got enough seals to get me three ilvl90 items. I've never gottn that much gear so fast from this game.

it was fun trying to figure out what makes the elites spawn, from the clues and stuff, we found out that naul spawns after the svara fate has been completed, but he spawns in a completely random place. and then soon after, marraco, the A class elite, spawned close by so we went after him, but I died in like one damn hit and I didnt get shit when we defeated em.

I'm loving this hunt stuff, got use feeling like bountry hunters and shit. Find a mark, call for back up and take em down.
That's so cool, total dream feature for a FFXII fan.

What's the name of the linkshell? I'd love to join.

IvorB

Great thank you for the link I appreciate it.. :)

I was okay with Titan.. I just had a bit of difficulty with his aoe's that knock you off of the fighting area at first :S

It's a great fight so enjoy it but at the same time give her her respect because she doesn't f**k around.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
These hunts could be a bit more beefy. Hopefully we get some really powerful ones soon.

S ranks drop 50 seals, 200 myth and 40 soldiery I think?
It's just no one saw one except for Garlok and nobody knows how they spawn.
Hints allude to cooking, fishing, being in a party and such, but nothing works so far.

If you're not in a super active linkshell for this, you're kinda boned tbh

Teknoman

S ranks drop 50 seals, 200 myth and 40 soldiery I think?
It's just no one saw one except for Garlok and nobody knows how they spawn.
Hints allude to cooking, fishing, being in a party and such, but nothing works so far.

If you're not in a super active linkshell for this, you're kinda boned tbh

I heard people talking about ranks in the FC, but are people just attributing these ranks to hunts themselves, or is there some official ranking system in game? Same with hints?

SO

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I heard people talking about ranks in the FC, but are people just attributing these ranks to hunts themselves, or is there some official ranking system in game? Same with hints?

Each area has three marks, B, A and S. These are actual in-game ranks, you can't tell which rank it is just by looking at it but Hunting Scholar NPCs tell you which one it is when you ask them for hints. B drop 5 seals at most, A drop 20 at most and S... well, that's a big mystery right now.

Nohar

I might come back for the Welcome back campaign* (but only for the duration of the free days), and Ramuh's theme is awesome, but sadly there are some things which I just can't accept, like the weekly limitation of content.

* Btw, I have trouble finding infos about it. It begins the 11th of July and ends the 14th?

draw4wild

Last night I managed to see about 6 elite hunts but only actually kill one since the other 5 were dead by the time I got there. With how popular they are atm, they are just dying too fast to get to them for me.

was nice to get some elite hunts taken care with a few people from the GAF FC. Missed out on Naul yet again (Coerthas really needed a second aetheryte). Have access to Ramuh Hard so I should get that and the new dungeon taken care of later today

Ken

I might come back for the Welcome back campaign* (but only for the duration of the free days), and Ramuh's theme is awesome, but sadly there are some things which I just can't accept, like the weekly limitation of content.

* Btw, I have trouble finding infos about it. It begins the 11th of July and ends the 14th?

What about it can't you accept?

dwix

Press Triangle to Jason

6d851f39cecbb8747fee8a020a7f4d1ea801c47ef16dd975d78032d8666d3ba0.jpg

Hahaha -- we eventually cracked the code :p

I enjoyed those bosses quite a bit. It was fun to learn something again.

Nohar

What about it can't you accept?

I don't like that (semi)end-game content is restricted. Bahamut Coil T6+ can't be done more than once per week, and you can't have more than one drop per week at Syrcus Tower. At least that one allows you to play the content and thus you can eventually help friends to get their loot (and get some tokens on top of that), but I take issue with blocking content altogether (like in Bahamut Coil).

On top of that, there is the fact that you can't have more than x tokens per week (unless they changed that?), which means that if you don't farm the max each week, you will fall behind other players (and I'm not talking about those who want to stuff multiple jobs, something which is sometimes required for flexibility reasons). It's no longer a "I can do that to improve my character" but a "I must do that to improve my character". It's no longer a choice, it's an obligation. And I don't like when something which is supposed to be a game becomes akin to work.

There is also the Atma weapons stuff, with the FATE farming ad nauseum: that's not interesting nor fun. Thanksfully there are other weapons available which are just as good if not better.

I find these limits to be arbitrary, and frankly it bothers me that those exist in a game with a monthly fee subscription. I didn't like that in "World of Warcraft: Cataclysm", and I don't like that in "FFXIV:ARR" either.

And Yoshida took some questionable decisions... I don't think I need to talk about the release of the housing.

But overall, truth to be told, I take issues with MMOs as a whole. I like the genre, but I feel that those games aren't good for me because of their addictive nature.
... Well, sorry for the wall of text.

Reknoc

hummmm, so there's a free weekend this week. was thinking of resubbing but i might wait for that and sub afterwards, maybe.

Does anybody know of any places that sell game time codes? I don't live in NA at the moment and would just like to purchase a 60 day game code without needing a physical product shipped to me.

Amazon shows that they have them. You should be able to order from there.

Edit: Sorry, just showed that they do ship it where it's not just a code. Not sure where to get just a code from :(

klee123

I did all 3 dungeons tonight, but I had to wait quite a bit before being able to get in. At first I was puzzled to why the new dungeon weren't very popular, but after doing a few hunts afterwards I can see why.

Taruranto

A party member has withdrawn from the duty.
Finding new member.
Finding new member.
Finding new member.
Finding new member.
Finding new member.
Finding new member.
Finding new member.
Finding new member.

aceface

Finding new member.
Finding new member.
Finding new member.
Finding new member.
Finding new member.
Finding new member.
Finding new member.
Finding new member.

Apparently they are fixing this on Friday.

Currently, we have found that wait times in the Duty Finder matchmaking process for Frontline campaigns are being affected by delays due to players abandoning the queue.

We are therefore planning to implement the following measures in order to address this issue.

[Measure 1]
In this measure, all players who choose “Commence” will be sent to the Frontline once matchmaking is complete, regardless of whether some have chosen “Abandon” at the last second or selected no option at all. This measure is scheduled to be introduced this week on July 11, 2014.

This may result in some teams starting the duty with an insufficient number of players. If this should happen, we ask that party leaders use the “Add Member” option to fill out their party’s numbers. Additionally, when registering for a Frontline campaign we recommend checking “Join Party in Progress,” which will make the matchmaking process smoother, and ask players to consider choosing this option whenever possible.

[Measure 2]
To address parties starting the duty with insufficient numbers, we are planning the addition of a feature which automatically adds members if required once duty has commenced. This countermeasure is planned for Frontline campaigns only and is scheduled for implementation sometime next week.

We will provide further details concerning both measures once they have been fully implemented, and ask for your patience until updated information can be provided.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

aceface

I guess I need to finish my GC quests dammit :p

Ah, yeah you may need to have max promotion level for your GC.

Unrelated, it was pretty smart on the part of the devs making an oil of time/unidentified Tomestone a guaranteed drop for CT2 (I think...one dropped both times for me). It gets the high level players in there and going all the way to the last boss.

iammeiam

I really liked "The Greatest Story Never Told", but I did cheat on the word math. Because screw word math. Wish it gave a title, though. Hopefully 2.4 has a followup quest.

Posted a preliminary guide to desynthesis on my lodestone blog :)

Guide to Desynthesis

Spent the good portion of yesterday with it :)

This is an interesting read, thanks. Where things get kind of interesting is the HM primal weapons, because I get the impression leveling desynthesis to 100 for those classes is going to be a bitch given the number of ingredients involved in making things, plus no guarantee of getting your shard/crystal/cluster back. I'm guessing getting anything to low-30s is doable with cheap vendor gear, but around 30 everything starts getting a little more costly and dumping 1,000 gill on an item for a .4 or lower desynthesis stat increase can get discouraging. And from FC chat yesterday, it sounds like getting above like 80 requires insanity.

orion434

Is desynth linked to any stat, or is any lv50 crafter enough for it?

I believe you can start desynthesizing at lv 30, think that's what the in-game guide said. I did all my desynthing at lv 50.

I really liked "The Greatest Story Never Told", but I did cheat on the word math. Because screw word math. Wish it gave a title, though. Hopefully 2.4 has a followup quest.

This is an interesting read, thanks. Where things get kind of interesting is the HM primal weapons, because I get the impression leveling desynthesis to 100 for those classes is going to be a bitch given the number of ingredients involved in making things, plus no guarantee of getting your shard/crystal/cluster back. I'm guessing getting anything to low-30s is doable with cheap vendor gear, but around 30 everything starts getting a little more costly and dumping 1,000 gill on an item for a .4 or lower desynthesis stat increase can get discouraging. And from FC chat yesterday, it sounds like getting above like 80 requires insanity.

Brayflox Longstop HM gives some Darklight Jewelry that when converted at dlv 79 gives me up to .20... but has a success rate of 68%

Also want to mention that I only have 2 classes that add up to ~ 160 but when I desynthesize something for Goldsmith my Leatherworker dlv sometimes goes down by 0.01... kinda annoying.

j-wood

So a friend of mine is telling me this is one of the best MMOs he's ever played. Is he still just on hype level or something?

I'm really iffy on if i want to pay a monthly fee for a game, but this is currently $12 dollars on Amazon?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So a friend of mine is telling me this is one of the best MMOs he's ever played. Is he still just on hype level or something?

I'm really iffy on if i want to pay a monthly fee for a game, but this is currently $12 dollars on Amazon?

As someone who has tried a few other MMOs in the past, I agree with your friend. This game is pretty addicting event though it follows some tread ground but ultimately the world building, story and various social aspects have hooked me to a degree that the others failed to.

Nohar

I was wondering: what about the craft? Does desynthesis really adds something interesting? Is the equipment which can be crafted really useful (compared to pre-2.1 where it was severely outdated and overall useless, except for some niche items and food of course)?

aceface

Are you a big Final Fantasy fan? If so, yes play it definitely. If you are indifferent on Final Fantasy and are a MMO vet, some of the design decisions may frustrate you. It's a quality MMO but nothing revolutionary here.

In any event if you just buy it and play it for the free month, you'll definitely get your $12 worth. I would recommend getting it at that price and trying it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom