• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiops

I'm almost reaching lvl50 with my Monk. What alternatives do I have for a high level weapon that doesn't require Atma farming (doing that for my PLD was enough) or Soldiery? I already have a full ilvl90 set for her, but I need a weapon :(

Sophia

I'm almost reaching lvl50 with my Monk. What alternatives do I have for a high level weapon that doesn't require Atma farming (doing that for my PLD was enough) or Soldiery? I already have a full ilvl90 set for her, but I need a weapon :(

Once Patch 2.4 hits, getting the UAT weapon will be a breeze as Soldiery will be uncapped and you'll be able to get the Sands/Oils from Syrcus Tower as much as you want. Probably your best choice for an item level 110 weapon.

Alternatively, clear Levi EX for ilevel 95/100 weapon and Ramuh EX for ilevel 100 weapon.

studyguy

Ramuh claws until 2.4, then whatever Shiva drops.

Which reminds me, my glamor is sorta light blueish. Can't wait for Shiva weapons.

dramatis

The dragoons will now have wings!

PPILJOh.jpg

Sort of.

WolvenOne

Okay, various thoughts.

No real surprises in terms of features or content in that trailer. That doesn't mean there won't be any surprises, but they're probably smaller scale.

New sets look interesting. Next Allagen tank set doesn't look as good as the High Allagen tank set, but I really like the look of that axe.

Final coil bosses look like reskins again. Not unexpected, but still modestly disappointing.

Crafted armor looks really nice.

Can't wait to fight Ultros and Typhoon. XD

studyguy

So we have new tome gear, new crafted gear, new coil gear.
At least we have stuff to drop our time on. I like the throwback to XI gear a lot. That was a nice touch.

Btw as an aside does the fanfest get its own thread or are we going to be shouting at eachother in here.

Wilsongt

good luck lol

iK5TlfDuPZcwW.png

One healer Titan?

lol

May the odds forever be in their favor, and hope that the healer is competent.

Edit: It's not impossible. I've solo healed Titan. Just don't expect my Swiftcast to always be available to raise someone, because Dragoons lol

Tiops

Once Patch 2.4 hits, getting the UAT weapon will be a breeze as Soldiery will be uncapped and you'll be able to get the Sands/Oils from Syrcus Tower as much as you want. Probably your best choice for an item level 110 weapon.

Alternatively, clear Levi EX for ilevel 95/100 weapon and Ramuh EX for ilevel 100 weapon.

Ramuh claws until 2.4, then whatever Shiva drops.

Which reminds me, my glamor is sorta light blueish. Can't wait for Shiva weapons.
Thanks for helping!

Now I' going to Youtube to learn Levi EX :p

aceface

O
Final coil bosses look like reskins again. Not unexpected, but still modestly disappointing.

I assumed that was trash they showed in the video for final coil, not the bosses. However I did notice that one battle in the circular arena had the area getting progressively smaller. Probably the gauntlet/dps check?

Also there was definitely slippery ice sliding in Shiva. Whee!

One healer Titan?

lol

May the odds forever be in their favor, and hope that the healer is competent.

Edit: It's not impossible. I've solo healed Titan. Just don't expect my Swiftcast to always be available to raise someone, because Dragoons lol

Titan is easy to single heal
if your party dodges everything

But I saw no Odin on that wheel! What is that Odin challenge that was in the last patch??

Raijinken

The big surprise to me, is that the new crafted gears are actually new instead of dungeon gear rehashes:

yVsnm7n.jpg

The armor sets look lol but the cloth sets look nice.

The fall collection consists of a tuxedo and a party gown.

I also see a new helmet for Bara's head coming in the future...

Well there goes my remaining 3 million gil...

Hey guys, didn't get to do this last night cos it was like 4:30 AM :)lol) but thanks for helping me through EX Levi, Mog and Ramuh and apologies for being so heavy. And for taking the ring... :/

Thanks Scy, Natasha Jayhawk, Punchi, Bookey, Haman, Docbon, Felix!

Anyway, greatly appreciated. Gonna work harder to improve so I'm a lot better for next time :)

studyguy

Also that Garlean was awfully young.
Looks like Galvus finally bit the big one.
Unless he suddenly lost weight, got like 50 years younger and got taller...

I assumed that was trash they showed in the video for final coil, not the bosses. However I did notice that one battle in the circular arena had the area getting progressively smaller. Probably the gauntlet/dps check?

Based on what they were doing, the Hydra and Couerl were both bosses. They wouldn't give that big of a moveset for just random trash mobs.

studyguy

So do you guys think chances are pretty good they'll announce the first expansion tomorrow?

They just registered the names, I figure it's a pretty good chance that they will at least show off the titles. Whether or not we'll learn more, I hope so but unsure.

Ferr986

You're picking up Qhon's bad habits

The big surprise to me, is that the new crafted gears are actually new instead of dungeon gear rehashes:

yVsnm7n.jpg

The armor sets look lol but the cloth sets look nice.

The fall collection consists of a tuxedo and a party gown.

I also see a new helmet for Bara's head coming in the future...

LOL some of those sets are straight from FFXI. Are they really gonna do that for armors too?

studyguy

What do you guys think?
Are we going to have "weathered" type gear again where we get an initial version then spend time to beef it up to prolong the content cycle?

Sorian

Banned
What do you guys think?
Are we going to have "weathered" type gear again where we get an initial version then spend time to beef it up to prolong the content cycle?

I think they found the model to be fairly successful so we can probably expect either a copy/paste of the model or something extremely similar. I think they might give groups clearing coil a few more oil/sands/whatever per week because I think everyone thought 1 of each (2 if you were downing T9 as well) was just too little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom