• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

What do you guys think?
Are we going to have "weathered" type gear again where we get an initial version then spend time to beef it up to prolong the content cycle?

I hope so--I honestly think the unweathering mechanic was a pretty smart way to handle casual vs raid gear, and let the catch up patch give people that needed it a leg up in coil, without nerfing it as heavily as 2.4 presumably will to let everyone in.

So the hardcore clear final coil in 2.4, mid-tier in 2.5, everyone else can see the end of coil when the expansion hits.

Seriously if Qarn HM is not bitterly hard I'm going to be so disappointed. That dungeon has a legacy that must be respected. And I hope they bring back this guy:

Teratotaur.png

Agrees with the bolded i guess i'll dive back in FF14 ASAP

dark_chris

Im excited for the final coil of Bahamut.
Also love the looks for the armor too. Wonder what ilvl it will be. Maybe 130 or something.. lol

Jayhawk

If Koenig and Ares armor sets from FFXI are being added, I hope they add Usukane and Dalmatica sets. Usukane set was probably the set I liked the most in FFXI in terms of looks.

scy

More people need to make hunt party invite macros once 2.4 hits!

sounds like effort

Rowena is the last boss of coil. Her auto attack hits for the exact number of tomes that the entire server has given to her over the course of the last year. RIP

Rowena will be the new evil come the expansion. The tomes will have allowed her to build a High Allagan WMD and she'll be the new superpower vying for control of Eorzea.

or I guess there's that Ishgard stuff too

Jayhawk

sounds like effort

Here, I'll start off the macro for you. Replace # with the linkshell number for the hunt linkshell.

Code:
/l# Sending out hunt party invites via macro.
/pcmd add "Natasha Jayhawk"

Done.

Here, I'll start off the macro for you. Replace # with the linkshell number for the hunt linkshell.

Code:
/l# Sending out hunt party invites via macro.

Done.

I thought you were retired from hunts

Eldren

I can't wait for YoshiP to finally reveal the Musketeer class on Sunday! (I still haven't learnt to keep my expectations in check)

I like the look of the new gear. I won't be getting any Coil gear any time soon but the new cloth pieces look really nice. Not looking forward to dropping millions of gil on glamour items though...

WolvenOne

So, does anyone want me to snap pictures of the show floor while I'm here?

Also, at least with Templar, Keen Flurry would actually kinda make sense.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Seriously if Qarn HM is not bitterly hard I'm going to be so disappointed. That dungeon has a legacy that must be respected. And I hope they bring back this guy:

Teratotaur.png

Yeah, I would like this too. Not sure I'd like pugging it in DF, as I could see it being a nightmare as it was pre-nerfs, but with people who know what they're doing it could be a satisfying romp.

Valor

I don't really have as much PTSD of Qarn as a lot of you do, I suppose. Bees were annoying, sure, but much less so than they were in original AK. The second boss threw me for the loop when I first played since I was a PLD and didn't know there could be enemies who didn't care about aggro tables. Last boss of Qarn was always the worst for me, and people who don't kill the Facers in the right places. HM looks like it has none of that, but it does have quicksand, so I'm okay with this.

Sorian

Banned
As a ranged DPS, I miss pre nerf Qarn because I could stand on that random pillar and dodge doom during the first boss. It was funny watching the melee scramble and die.

BadRNG

Have they said how many turns there will be for coil3? It looked like there were three bosses there, which would probably make
Louisoix
confirmed as final if they do only four again.

Most of the new allagan gear just isn't as good as coil2's, the new tome tank gear looks nice though. Wonder what parts of it will be dyable Some of the other gear was ok, not a lot jumped out to me.

Zareka

Every time I see people getting hyped about the next content patch for this game I'm repeatedly reminded that I haven't actually hit endgame yet because I spend a silly amount of time on alt jobs.

Almost three 50's, only one of them fully mythology (lol) geared. Although I guess seeing my guild in ruin the last time I logged on didn't really motivate me... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom