• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
16% meld chance, and I just blew up 40 fucking pieces of materia.

They need to fix their bullshit percentages in this game, because that is not fucking possible.

I'm almost done with my nexus, and I think I may just quit after that. This crafting this is complete bullshit.

BadRNG

16% meld chance, and I just blew up 40 fucking pieces of materia. They need to fix their bullshit percentages in this game, because that is not fucking possible.
It is completely possible, even if extremely unlikely. Congrats, you are the .1%!

The RNG in this game is like the worst I've seen of MMOs I've played though, from crafting to loot to gathering it all seems really lopsided sometimes. Like certain seeds aren't as random as they should be and are heavily leaned towards certain outcomes, which gives you these horrible (or sometimes great) RNG streaks.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
It is completely possible, even if extremely unlikely. Congrats, you are the .1%!

The RNG in this game is like the worst I've seen of MMOs I've played though, from crafting to loot to gathering it all seems really lopsided sometimes. Like certain seeds aren't as random as they should be and are heavily leaned towards certain outcomes, which gives you these horrible (or sometimes great) RNG streaks.

Actually, if my math is right, I'm the .002%

I needed a new MMO once I got burned out by GW2, so after months of debating and tackling, finally started playing this. (like literally - just made my character about an hour ago) Currently in Ultros and applied for GAF. My in-game toon is Hayira Calvacanti. Hope to see you guys soon!

dramatis

I needed a new MMO once I got burned out by GW2, so after months of debating and tackling, finally started playing this. (like literally - just made my character about an hour ago) Currently in Ultros and applied for GAF. My in-game toon is Hayira Calvacanti. Hope to see you guys soon!
Right-click a dude with <GAF> next to his name and click View Company Profile, and submit an in-game app as well.

Qvoth

anybody physically on the fanfest trying out the odin trial?
give tips so that when it comes to the public as well we'll have insider info :p

Ken

im live from the fanfest reporting in

tips include dps more and die less

the ilevel req is ???

ok come back tomorrow for the next update

I just started FF XIV again after a break, and I watched this new 2.4 video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI2zFK_Xq38

At the middle of it there's a white weapon that looks amazing... is it already in game or just something from the upcoming patch?

"The middle" is kind of vague. If you mean the glowy weapons though, they're the last upgrade of the relic weapons and yeah they're ingame. They're super shiny, but annoying as hell to get. Not particularily hard though, just insanely time consuming.

Qvoth

i kept hearing people say there's a shot of the ninja nexus on the trailer but i couldn't find it
what's the timestamp? or anybody got a screengrab?

Athreous

"The middle" is kind of vague. If you mean the glowy weapons though, they're the last upgrade of the relic weapons and yeah they're ingame. They're super shiny, but annoying as hell to get. Not particularily hard though, just insanely time consuming.

At 4:51 =)

I have the old relic weapon and shield, are those new relics?

BadRNG

i kept hearing people say there's a shot of the ninja nexus on the trailer but i couldn't find it
what's the timestamp? or anybody got a screengrab?
Don't remember the timestamp, but I remember seeing it during the Sastasha HM scenes. Glowy dark red on both daggers, looks nice.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
For the BLMs on T9 in here, what is your iLvl and what are you parsing? I'm at iLvl 100 and trying to figuring out what my DPS should be around for the fight.

Qvoth

For the BLMs on T9 in here, what is your iLvl and what are you parsing? I'm at iLvl 100 and trying to figuring out what my DPS should be around for the fight.

110 with HA staff, i'm not using current bis though, i'm using my own set which ends up with 474 acc because i'm eating buttons
350 at the least i think? but this is ffxivapp parser, not ACT

At 4:51 =)

I have the old relic weapon and shield, are those new relics?

The relic just gets new upgrades every few patches that increases its ilvl and makes it shinier and stuff. That's the Nexus, the current maximum step which is i115. It's VERY tedious to upgrade relics though, so yeah.

docbon

Looking for a replacement paladin MT for our static for 2.4 and beyond. If you're decently geared, and willing to hop on mumble and coordinate with us, gimme a PM or post on our thread in guildworks.

Our raid times right now are TUE / THU / SAT, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT.

WolvenOne

Ran into a couple people from Ultros at the reception, which was honestly a bit underwhelming but whatevs.

Excalibur attendees however, were Legion. D:

Hopefully I'll manage to find some GAFers tomorrow, I mean besides Sharjeel. XD

I will follow the sound of Xtechs emotes, that should do the trick!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
i'm not even sure if you should go to t9 with i100 though

No clue. My static lead is hellbent on skipping T7 and T8 for T9 practice since 2.4 is coming up.

Sorry, I wish I could help you. I play without a DPS parser. :(
No problem. Might send you a PM later asking for advice and going over my rotation a bit. Trying to find out exactly what I'm doing wrong right now. I think it's less a problem with the rotation (because it's basically two buttons) and more a problem of how I'm handling movement in fights.

chrono01

No problem. Might send you a PM later asking for advice and going over my rotation a bit. Trying to find out exactly what I'm doing wrong right now. I think it's less a problem with the rotation (because it's basically two buttons) and more a problem of how I'm handling movement in fights.
Sure thing, I'll try to help however I can. I might be heading out in a bit, so it might take me some time to reply to your PM [should you send it tonight, that is]. Feel free to send it whenever, though, and I'll get to it tomorrow.

However, if my advice should lead you to ruin, you cannot blame me. I promise nothing!

Neku054

Neo Member
Anyone at Fanfest, do they put your player name/server on your badge? If so how do they determine which to use?

That was determined by what information you put down when the ticket was purchased. When making the purchase a couple months ago it asked for a character name and what server they belonged to.

Qvoth

No clue. My static lead is hellbent on skipping T7 and T8 for T9 practice since 2.4 is coming up.

my advice is, go to 251 piety with sch buff, start fights with thunder 2 (or 3 depending on your preference/spellspeed) > fire 3 > raging strikes > fire until low mana (if both firestarter and thunder proc is on, always use firestart proc 1st) > swiftcast flare > convert > fire > blizzard 3 > thunder 2/3
with how easy it is to get sands nowadays, imo you should really just get soldiery gears and increase your ilevel 1st, good luck though

as of now, it's ss > det > crit, but difference between det and crit isn't that big so it's your choice

Sorian

Banned
my advice is, go to 251 piety with sch buff, start fights with thunder 2 (or 3 depending on your preference/spellspeed) > fire 3 > raging strikes > fire until low mana (if both firestarter and thunder proc is on, always use firestart proc 1st) > swiftcast flare > convert > fire > blizzard 3 > thunder 2/3
with how easy it is to get sands nowadays, imo you should really just get soldiery gears and increase your ilevel 1st, good luck though

as of now, it's ss > det > crit, but difference between det and crit isn't that big so it's your choice

Why do people say this? Use your thunder proc first just in case it goes off again.

Qvoth

the chances of that happening is too low, if you do what i mentioned, if you have a firestarter proc after you casted the thunder proc you won't spend another cast of fire

edit: maybe i wasn't clear, basically what i meant is this
you cast fire, then firestarter proc, then another fire, lastly the thunder proc
instead of fire, firestarter, thunder proc <- this is wrong

Sorian

Banned
the chances of that happening is too low, if you do what i mentioned, if you have a firestarter proc after you casted the thunder proc you won't spend another cast of fire

If you have use a thunder proc, you have a 0% chance of doubling up your firestarter proc. If you use your fire proc, you have a higher than 0% chance of doubling up on your thunder proc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom