• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

So uh.

I thought this was just a short-term joke but

this is kind of growing on me:

0sQECN5.jpg

It ties in with the plume on the hat and everything!

neither

Tried tanking temple of qarn tonight and omg couldn't even get passed first boss...
And I've tanked it before successfully, just had an off night.
Shudder to think about a hard mode.

dcye

i'm not even sure if you should go to t9 with i100 though

i90 weapons probably not unless you're superhuman at the game on a fantastic ping but mostly i90 should be fine, even without many melds.

EDIT: Healers will need to be on point though.

Onyar

Tried tanking temple of qarn tonight and omg couldn't even get passed first boss...
And I've tanked it before successfully, just had an off night.
Shudder to think about a hard mode.

Also tonight I was doing Qarn for the first time, we stuck at temple guardian and wasted a lot of time with that boss. As a tank I found it hard to get the aggro some attacks seems to be random. So much that we said It will be impossible to finish the dungeon, but we continued instead. I don't know how but we finished when were only 5 or so seconds left. God that was intense.

scy

Also tonight I was doing Qarn for the first time, we stuck at temple guardian and wasted a lot of time with that boss. As a tank I found it hard to get the aggro some attacks seems to be random. So much that we said It will be impossible to finish the dungeon, but we continued instead. I don't know how but we finished when were only 5 or so seconds left. God that was intense.

The second boss? It has an attack pattern that is random target. It throws out a frontal cone AoE (Boulder Clap), targets someone with a line AoE (Rockslide), punts someone into a wall, and then does a room-wide AoE (Obliterate). It then cycles through that until the soulstone is destroyed. You can stun the body to interrupt any of those but I usually save it for the Obliterate since you can dodge the others / the wall punt doesn't hit that hard.

But other than that attack pattern, he follows aggro normally. Just make sure you're putting threat on the soulstone and not the body.

Onyar

The second boss? It has an attack pattern that is random target. It throws out a frontal cone AoE (Boulder Clap), targets someone with a line AoE (Rockslide), punts someone into a wall, and then does a room-wide AoE (Obliterate). It then cycles through that until the soulstone is destroyed. You can stun the body to interrupt any of those but I usually save it for the Obliterate since you can dodge the others / the wall punt doesn't hit that hard.

But other than that attack pattern, he follows aggro normally. Just make sure you're putting threat on the soulstone and not the body.

Wrong focusing was the error the two first dies then we focus the stone and all went much better. And thanks for the advise I was just stunning aoes no matter when.

Neku054

Neo Member

Reception was pretty nice and he had a posse behind him the entire way lol, he is a rockstar to many of us FFXIV players i guess.

did i just saw garuda cosplayers ?

I need to attend those events

Those cosplayers were hired though i believe, they had a small corner a bit ahead of where the video ended for attendees to take a picture with them. Very nice cosplay though ill say

Zomba13

Does anyone have an up to date chocobo colouring guide? I want to go from Coral Pink to Soot Black (or maybe Snow White, undecided. One of those) and am trying to work out what fruit I need.

I've found this site http://ffxivchocobo.com/ but don't know how accurate it is.
There is this too:https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1814x979q90/661/vBZmlD.png

I can't find the thing I used to get to Coral Pink from the default but going by my post on the guildworks forum what I used differs a fair bit from what ffxivchocobo.com says.

Eldren

if my timezone conversion is right, the livestream will start in 2 hours and 10 minutes?

Yep, that looks right to me. 15 minute stream intro followed by YoshiP's keynote. I didn't subscribe for the premium stream so if something incredible is shown during the keynote I'll be kicking myself.

Moogle costume looks kind of hideous on the preview page but I reconsidered and bought the premium HD stream. Want to see the developer panels, costume contest, and live letter in HD. Let's do this!

kierwynn

Moogle costume looks kind of hideous on the preview page but I reconsidered and bought the premium HD stream. Want to see the developer panels, costume contest, and live letter in HD. Let's do this!

Yeah, it looks pretty ugly, but I went ahead and gave them my money for dat HD goodness.

ThinFinn

Does anyone have an up to date chocobo colouring guide? I want to go from Coral Pink to Soot Black (or maybe Snow White, undecided. One of those) and am trying to work out what fruit I need.

I've found this site http://ffxivchocobo.com/ but don't know how accurate it is.
There is this too:https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1814x979q90/661/vBZmlD.png

I can't find the thing I used to get to Coral Pink from the default but going by my post on the guildworks forum what I used differs a fair bit from what ffxivchocobo.com says.

The chocobo calculator is legit imo.

I tried using it and got what I wanted on 3 separate accounts (Lotus Pink, Grape Purple & Dalamud Red). Just make sure to have "Updated RGB Scale" selected instead of the default option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom