• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The CT2 Cutscenes were the best storyline related cutscenes we've seen in a shipped Final Fantasy in the last five years. It actually feels like a Final Fantasy game.

That's both good and sad.

I'm really glad they decided to make the info dumps before you start the dungeon and after the dungeon is completed.

Sophia

Wow, that's kind of awesome. I made a bunch of Bone Rings with quick synth to level my Desynth up. One of the Whetstones somehow came out a High Quality during this.

So when I was desynthing all of the (regular quality) Bone Rings, this happened...

ffxiv_07092014_1122467iuu9.jpg

I got my HQ Whetstone back. XD.

Desynthizing is pretty great so far. I haven't decided on what my second and third choices will be tho because only Goldsmith is high enough to make use of it.

jfkgoblue

Ran CT2 twice last night(no drops yet, had an unidentified tome drop though, but I didn't get lol) and but why do people not understand the first boss at all? The boss is not hard but it's really annoying when half your alliance wipes cuz they don't go to pools or you end up petrified while being mt cuz of that one dps who cannot get to the pad for some reason. Anyways it's at least a more fun raid than the first one.

Also... Thanks SE for that trolling of Stone Vigil HM... Trying to make tanks useless I see with last two bosses being untankable

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So a friend of mine is telling me this is one of the best MMOs he's ever played. Is he still just on hype level or something?

I'm really iffy on if i want to pay a monthly fee for a game, but this is currently $12 dollars on Amazon?

I thought MMORPGs were a waste of time. WOW never clicked for me. But then this came...

I got hooked so badly. Too badly. Had to take a break. Now I came back for 2.3 and doing catching up and... I am badly hooked again, even worse than before. Its fun, its addictive and I love the end-game stuff...something I never thought I'd do in a MMORPG. If you like FF, get it. I vastly prefer the aesthetics over something like WOW or GW. Its 12 bucks and includes a month, try it out and join the best server, Ultros, where the GAF FC is and have a blast :D

IvorB

The hunts is the best damn feature in this patch for me. I been doing these hunts all damn day besides leveling up my bostist.

I fought naul like three times.

Naul is so damn weak that when we were searching for em, we'd see like one guy fighting em by himself and not tell no one in the area that he spawned and would take the kill for himselve.
So I gave up on that as I kept getting too little seals from all the players trying to fight em at once when we did wait for everyone to get there.

I started going after the other elites. The elites that arent shown on the board. I noticed that others were shouting in different areas about needing help with other elite marks as they were getting their asses kicked by the marks, so I went over to help them fight as a healer, but I didnt think I was going to get credit since I didnt see that mark on the hunting board, but I did, I got 20 seals, 80 myth and 20 soldiery when it died.

SO

I opened up a linkshell for the hunt with like 80 people in it and we started searching around all the areas and we were jumping from Elite mark to Elite mark, like every hour or so. I got enough seals to get me three ilvl90 items. I've never gottn that much gear so fast from this game.

it was fun trying to figure out what makes the elites spawn, from the clues and stuff, we found out that naul spawns after the svara fate has been completed, but he spawns in a completely random place. and then soon after, marraco, the A class elite, spawned close by so we went after him, but I died in like one damn hit and I didnt get shit when we defeated em.

I'm loving this hunt stuff, got use feeling like bountry hunters and shit. Find a mark, call for back up and take em down.

This sounds rad. I wanna join your hunting lodge. This is how I imagined it to be actually. Piecing together locations based on clues. I think soon people will learn not to broadcast it when they find a good mark. You should just have a group that you notify and are sworn to secrecy so you can take it down nice and easy for max reward.

creid

This sounds rad. I wanna join your hunting lodge. This is how I imagined it to be actually. Piecing together locations based on clues. I think soon people will learn not to broadcast it when they find a good mark. You should just have a group that you notify and are sworn to secrecy so you can take it down nice and easy for max reward.
That's not really necessary. As long as everyone's in a party (or 2 or 3 parties,) it should be easy to get max reward.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I'm not high enough of a level to partake in the new stuff in 2.3 but I did notice that they seem to have nerfed the demon guys in normal Tam Tara that spawn after killing the imps and mage. The thing doesn't do that ringed attack that you need to either stun or run out of, just the conal move now. I know it's not a big deal, but it seemed weird that the attack was removed. Were low level groups actually having trouble with those things?

Zalasta

Are the new recipes (including the 1 star stuff) obtained from the Desynthesizing Master Recipe Books?

Honestly, I'm not a fan of how they implemented desynthesis. Not only because it is so late in the game's life cycle, but it has its own separate levels. It is more of a time sink than an actual helpful tool than what it was back in FFXI. Wouldn't be such a big deal if I'm just starting out crafting, but at 50 you want me to take the time to make stuff just for the purpose of desynthesizing them?

orion434

Are the new recipes (including the 1 star stuff) obtained from the Desynthesizing Master Recipe Books?

Honestly, I'm not a fan of how they implemented desynthesis. Not only because it is so late in the game's life cycle, but it has its own separate levels. It is more of a time sink than an actual helpful tool than what it was back in FFXI. Wouldn't be such a big deal if I'm just starting out crafting, but at 50 you want me to take the time to make stuff just for the purpose of desynthesizing them?

Once you get to desynthesis level 70 it's not worth it to make items just to desynthesize, the junk you find during runs with ilv > 70 is where you continue leveling. It's going to take awhile to get anything to lv 100... I just broke 80 with Goldsmith and junk jewelry is the only way to raise it now.

creid

Yeah but you don't want the whole server piling on. That's the issue.
I've spent almost all of my 2.3 time so far hunting, and it hasn't been an issue. A lot of people either don't care about the hunts, or still think they can only kill their "weekly" mark.

IvorB

I've spent almost all of my 2.3 time so far hunting, and it hasn't been an issue. A lot of people either don't care about the hunts, or still think they can only kill their "weekly" mark.

That's awesome. How do you hunt??? Where do you look???? Are there clues?

So a friend of mine is telling me this is one of the best MMOs he's ever played. Is he still just on hype level or something?

I'm really iffy on if i want to pay a monthly fee for a game, but this is currently $12 dollars on Amazon?

I got it during the steam sale for $20 (I think? don't remember) and so far I don't feel like I've wasted my money. I don't usually like to play mmos but so far I think I've logged 120ish hours. And I broke down and bought the digital collector's edition. If you've got friends to play with or join the GAF FC it's definitely better as well.

Qvoth

i discarded my weekly elite bill, it was naul on coerthas

my suggestion to those that have spent hours on this fucker, ignore him, it's just a B rank at the end of the day, just join/create a monster hunting LS, i got a bunch of A ranks and even an S rank mark

ZiZ

I love the dialog in this game.

in the Ramuh questline there is an incident where
the sylphs pretend to be your fellow Scions, and the way they emphasize the pronouns to like I or We to compensate for not using Sylph pronouns like "This one" or "These ones" is a very nice touch

Wilsongt

Reading through Lodestone and comparing some of the Weathered sol gear vs Crystal tower 2 gear, and Scylla's casting pants and casting body are better for SMN's than the sol gear because the pants provide a huge boost to accuracy and body provides lots of crit.

I know I have to take ACC into account being a SMN, so they make nice replacements until I get some sands/oils.

WolvenOne

Welp, got CT down for the first time, definite improvement over the first CT. Mostly went smooth but could have gone a bit smoother yet. Next time should be a bit better.

That's awesome. How do you hunt??? Where do you look???? Are there clues?

Well first, you must unlock the hunt by doing the very short quest at your grand company to start hunting.

At your grand company headquaters, there's a new NPC giving a new quest, next to the grand company chest. That's where you talk tot he person to accept and turn in the quest and then, you will be able to look at the hunt board.

From there, you look at the hunt board and see the marks that are avalible.

The marks(the targets you gotta hunt) gives a new form of currency thats unique to hunting, when you defeat them. You dont even have to turn anything in, just defeat them and your reward is givin immediately.

There's two forms of marks, you got the daily marks, which is about 5 marks that switches out on a daily basis. these are just regular enemies out in the wild, just like your actually hunting log. But these marks change on a daily basis so you gotta kill them that day to get the seals. The daily seals gives you one or two seals per mark. It's not much and itsnt worth much time doing unless you need one or two marks to buy something.

The REAL hunt is the weekly marks. These are boss class marks that changes on a weekly basis. They are in class from how strong they are, B(can solo), A(need full party to take down), S(need multiple full parties to take down)
These elite class marks gives a lot of seals, plus myth and soldiery too when defeated.

Unlike the daily marks, where you just go to the area they are in, find them and slay them, the elite marks, they require a certain condition to be met for them to spawn, and they spawn in a COMPLETELY random location. Once the condition for the spawn has been met, you start searching the entire map. They can spawn anywhere, even in enemy populated areas.

Also, unlike the daily momsters, your not limited to only what the board shows you, the elite marks, they are all over the place, as the hunting board will only show you one elite mark in a specific area, while each area has three elites, B, A and S. And you can still fight them and get the reward even if you didnt see the mark on the board. Dont think this is possible with daily marks.

The seals you get from the hunts are used to buy ilvl90 gear. A pair of ilvl90 gloves for example is 30 seals. if you slay a single A class elite mark, you got enough seals to buy a ilvl90 jewlery piece, or slaying just two elites A class marks and you got enough to buy a ilvl90 chest piece.

Getting ilvl90 gear is not pretty easy and much faster than running dungeons over and over trying to get myth, but you get myth in the process too though.

And you can do the elite hunts over and over and over again, and get as many seals as you want. I got three ilvl90 pieces for my scholar yesterday. Never been able to do that with collecting myth.

Nohar

Hum, can someone answer my question in the previous page please (about the craft)? Crafting was one of the things which I really liked in FFXIV, despite some of the problems surrounding it.

Also, is there still a weekly limitation on the tokens you can win (pre 2.1, it was 450 Myth max I believe?).

That's not really necessary. As long as everyone's in a party (or 2 or 3 parties,) it should be easy to get max reward.

I went to a hunt near the Sahagin camp when someone mentioned it in the FC. No one invited my to a party though. I waited till everyone was ready and they pulled. Me and my chocobo got 12 seals. I was surprised how easy it died.

CT2 was fun. I was annoyed that people were already telling all the strategies before starting. It's literally the day it came out, can I just discover this stuff in peace?

It's extra pressure being the only tank in the alliance and the queues are A LOT longer than usual for a tank, but it was fun.

I passed on the tank gauntlets and got a the tank mask. So I guess I'm done for the week. I need to get Ramuh to re unlock the trial roulette now.

Did the beast tribes get new ranks after trusted? Now it says 0/740 I don't remember that from before.

And you can do the elite hunts over and over and over again, and get as many seals as you want. I got three ilvl90 pieces for my scholar yesterday. Never been able to do that with collecting myth.

To be fair though, now it's also much easier to get myth. One CT run nets you 200, which is like halfway there.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
CT2 was fun. I was annoyed that people were already telling all the strategies before starting. It's literally the day it came out, can I just discover this stuff in peace?

Nobody's got time to have 20 people to wipe just because 4 people are doing something wrong. Sorry about that.

Wilsongt

Nobody's got time to have 20 people to wipe just because 4 people are doing something wrong. Sorry about that.

Most pick up on it quickly. We were only told what to do with the orbs for Scylla, and that we needed to step into the yellow orbs for Xande. Other than that, we Leroy Jenkin's the shit out of it and my group did fine and loved every minute of it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Most pick up on it quickly. We were only told what to do with the orbs for Scylla, and that we needed to step into the yellow orbs for Xande. Other than that, we Leroy Jenkin's the shit out of it and my group did fine and loved every minute of it.

Well yeah, the mechanics aren't hard.

WolvenOne

Short answer, no. There's 23 other people in there, and time is valuable. You cannot expect 23 other players to greatly extend the length of a raid, or derail it entirely (Vote Abandons happen all the time,) Just because you want the experience of going in entirely fresh.

Yes I know, it only came out yesterday, but after the first day that does not substantially change things. This morning I only had two hours to run CT2, and thankfully we didn't need anywhere near that much time, but if it had I would've had no choice but to abandon duty so I could get to work, which could have potentially derailed the entire thing.

Long story short, you're taking a very selfish view. I don't understand why you even think it's worth inconveniencing people for something so abstract and vaporous.

Taruranto

I AM THE FUCKING SLAYER OF TWINTANIA, WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO DISTRIBUITE UNIFORMS

THIS IS STUPID

ISN'T THIS WHAT THE FUCK TATARU IS FOR

OR EVEN MILNFILA, WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING IN THE SOLAR ALL THE TIME ANYWAY

Yes, I am mad.

WolvenOne

Also, I heard there's a GAF linkshell for Hunting. Are there still positions open in it? I really would like to get into Hunts more seriously in the following days. Rather enjoyed the S-Rank I was able to be a part of this morning.

200 Tomes for five minutes work. XD

Nohar

.. And I tought I was the one doing a mistake because I wanted to just play this week-end, despite my numerous issues with the game. You may have a more serious problem than me :p

WolvenOne

Welp, switching over to the Maelstrom GC later tonight. Their Hunt armor sets shit all over the other 2 GC's sets.

It does, but I wasn't planning to vanity that anyway, so for me at least it's a moot point. XD

The dyable AF on the other hand. Oh man, thanks for reminding me, gonna go to XIVdb and see what the recipe for that entails.

Edit: Welp, never mind, XIVdb still hasn't updated their site with new item info. o_O

Reknoc

.. And I tought I was the one doing a mistake because I wanted to just play this week-end, despite my numerous issues with the game. You may have a more serious problem than me :p

tbf I do love the game, i just sorta stopped playing it, there was like a 98% chance of me resubbing anyway

Wilsongt

I AM THE FUCKING SLAYER OF TWINTANIA, WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO DISTRIBUITE UNIFORMS

THIS IS STUPID

Yes, I am mad.

Let's not forget that while you are out saving the world, she contacts you on the Linkpearl, asks you to come back to see her, and all she has to say is "Something is amiss... We must keep an eye on it."

Thank you, Boobfilia. Could you not have just told me that via the pearl?

iammeiam

THIS IS STUPID

Yes, I am mad.

The story is so weird about occasionally acknowledging what a big goddamned deal your character is and then immediately flipping back to trivialities. Like, the story this time flips between a crowd forming to watch you kick ass because you're The Adventurer, and having you run around handing out uniforms to a bunch of jackasses who should probably really just come pick them up because you've got primals to slay and these people can a walk a damned block instead of playing hide-and-seek.

WolvenOne

Apparently people are angry GAF isn't telling anybody about hunting marks we find.

All's fair in love and epic loot.

Besides, in the hunts I've been apart of so far, usually you have maybe thirty seconds after it's discovered before some random person or small group jumps in and starts attacking. You don't always have the capability of waiting forever for half the server to run over and join in.

This problem will be solved when they make the world larger, and have more zones and general area's for Hunts to happen. When that happens, people won't feel like they have to participate in each and every single little hunt to get a decent share of the action.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
All's fair in love and epic loot.

Besides, in the hunts I've been apart of so far, usually you have maybe thirty seconds after it's discovered before some random person or small group jumps in and starts attacking. You don't always have the capability of waiting forever for half the server to run over and join in.

This problem will be solved when they make the world larger, and have more zones and general area's for Hunts to happen. When that happens, people won't feel like they have to participate in each and every single little hunt to get a decent share of the action.

There's nothing fair about people parsing to see if the mob is up and I'm pretty sure that's what NA/ZR/CL zerg team is doing because today like 30 people rushed to a mob that I found which literally had no one else there.

Jayhawk

The select few who were super salty last night about being too late for hunts should not throw stones from glass houses. Their FCs start fighting hunts whenever its convenient for them, and you don't see GAF throwing out derogatory insults towards them. Some of the times we start fighting a hunt, it's a random that initiates the battle.

With the hunt system and frontlines, screw doing dungeons ever again for tomes.

I am a little sad we were unable to find S hunts before I went to bed last night.

WolvenOne

There's nothing fair about people parsing to see if the mob is up and I'm pretty sure that's what NA/ZR/CL zerg team is doing because today like 30 people rushed to a mob that I found which literally had no one else there.

Okay yeah, if people are using external software to identify that a NM is up in a zone, and to discern it's location, then that's cheating. The point of hunts at a glance, is to build a sort of social network of players to search out these NM's, the killing aspect is almost a formality given how weak most of these enemies are.

And yes, if nobody else is even close to these monsters and they're running in-mass right to it's location, and this is happening over and over, then there probably is some piece of external software involved.

zewone

Just want to say that Syrcus Tower was the most fun I've had with this game in a long time.

The bosses look cool and the mechanics aren't overly difficult.

WolvenOne

Just difficult enough that it doesn't feel like wipes are automatically the result of somebody being horrible, or trolling.

Though, give it two or three weeks for strats to become common place, and that may very well change. <_<;;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom